Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blauflamme22

French over RN ships

5 comments in this topic

159 posts
5,692 battles

I'm by no means complaining, I'm happy to see new ships and I'll definitely give the french line a try, but I would genuinely like to know why a French cruiser line has been introduced before a Royal Navy DD, BB or even CV line, considering that at the era this game is set the Royal Navy was the most powerful in the world and the standard that all others ascribed too. I'm just curious as to how the decision making precess works.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I think you will find that there are possibly two reasons why it has not been released yet.

1) As shown in the Naval Legends - Belfast video (screenshot below) the Imperial War Museums "do not endorse or support the aims and ambitions of Wargaming.net". This, I would imagine, would actually hinder WG's efforts in getting the precise and accurate information they would require to be able to develop the models quickly and efficiently. Furthermore some of the names of the ships are registered trademarks which also compounds the red tape and/or paperwork required to place the ships in game.

vE9Xh5vl.png

2) Whilst it is understandable that players would like the RN more quickly in the game for the reasons you mentioned, you must remember that there are many more nations out there that would like to be recognised as well. WG has implemented the RN cruiser line, it's at the very least a start, considering the many other lines that will eventually be introduced (don't ask me which ones, a) i don't know and b) even if I did I can't tell you anyway). Also consider the business case of giving everything that they want straight away, there is a huge risk of being popular for (lets say hypothetically) 12 months then it all fading away because you can't bring anything else in that would attract people; not to mention the inhuman demand on personnel to fix bugs, make new maps, create new game modes, try and get the balance right, all while simultaneously trying to make new lines as soon as they can.

Keep in mind these are all my reasoning and opinions none of which might be accurate to WGs actual reasons but it provides some level of justification for the wait. I am just as eager to see the RN lines complete but for now we just have to keep waiting patiently.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I guess the development process is similar to World of Tanks.

I heard the dev team did raise concern on the first step, which is research & analysis. Research team were having difficulty getting access to the archives.

Maybe... whatever available then, it should be prioritized I guess?

Edited by Mingfang47

159 posts
5,692 battles

thanks for your responses, I didn't realise the Imperial War Museums were reluctant to hand over records nor that some of the names are trademarked. That probably very well explains things, and I guess it means my request for the HMS Achilles is very very unlikely, though one can but dream. I am looking forward to trying the French line, and as soon as I finish this post I'm off to try the new Russian DDs :great: Fair Winds.

Sign in to follow this