Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

High Tier Maps and Modes

7 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,418 battles

Does anyone know if WG plans to address the issues with the higher tier maps and modes like Epicenter? 

The mid Tier Maps are fun to play, there are open areas and areas with cover a good balance overall. Whereas maps like Tears of the Sun, Mountain Range, Okinawa and others seem to be poorly designed yet I see them again and again at T9 and 10. Was the team that made these friends of the owner or what? Your not allowed to touch these as Yuri the bosses idiot cousin made them and so they stay as is? 

Epicenter at mid tiers I find fun, but at higher tiers it's on par with the thankfully dead bastion mode. As I just told my team, the only thing more boring then playing this mode is watching it, GL have fun and bye, as I was dead, our last Fletcher and thankfully their last Fletch went with me. All of us trying to cap or prevent it were spotted by planes and nuked from extreme range.

Either way I figure if no one says anything how can WG know it's broken and fix it? High Tier Ships

381 posts
9,957 battles

Epicenter isn't that bad, it's only bad when it is on Tears of the Desert map.

And there will be no change to Okinawa, Mountain Rage, Tears of the Desert in the foreseeable future. I asked Sub_Octavian about them during the latest reddit QnA and he said they are the average map lul. Those maps are <content removed> and make me want to afk if I happen to be in a cruiser. I wish they could cut down the range of every t9/10 ships to 16km and throw them into New Dawn or Trident - these two maps are so funnnn to play.

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

411 posts
6,146 battles

Epicenter isn't that bad, it's only bad when it is on Tears of the Desert map.

And there will be no change to Okinawa, Mountain Rage, Tears of the Desert in the foreseeable future. I asked Sub_Octavian about them during the latest reddit QnA and he said they are the average map lul. Those maps are <content removed> and make me want to afk if I happen to be in a cruiser. I wish they could cut down the range of every t9/10 ships to 16km and throw them into New Dawn or Trident - these two maps are so funnnn to play.

Tears of desert and Mountain range are fine IMO but Okinawa is downright broken... :sceptic: 

P.S.: I think you should remove/change that C word before mods see it :D 

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

435 posts
6,169 battles

Same old stuff again.

from another thread:

From the voices of unicum’s and super tester's, early 2016 all the maps went through a lowering of all the mountains, it suited them and them alone. For all the average players and newbies it was a disaster so later 2016 via a tectonic shift from WG, all the mountains started grow so gameplay could suit everybody.

But top tier maps still have low terrain. I think this is still a good for top tier because it should be more about the technical ability of players and not hiding behind islands.

WG has done a good job on maps lately, I say "well done WG",  I don't think there any real issues.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

1,480 posts

Can't we please request a fortress or minefield in the Okinawa map in A, to stop all the lemming trainswho go there, & SIT THERE THE ENTIRE MATCH!?!?!

:izmena:

Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this