Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
potato18

So Scharnhorst tier 7 belongs at tier 9 now just great....

8 comments in this topic

71 posts

First off I am probably making myself look like a fool but I don't think this is fair, I was put in a match 8 times with pretty much all tier 9 ships and tier 8 ships, my equal opponent being the tier 7 Nagato with 410mm guns, granted I can bounce these shells under the right circumstances but when you're being focused down by two F. Der. Große ships, a Nagato, a Chapayev and a Shiratsuyu things become very difficult, and with Scharnhorst having its unique 283mm guns and with its relatively big size, it draws the short stick by a ton, I think with those kind of guns Scharnhorst would be better suited at tier 6 because it doesn't matter if it's a battle cruiser or Gneisenau's sister ship it still struggles in heavy situations, now before there was a post in the news regarding battle tiers saying something along the lines of certain tier ships seeing lower tier ships rather than their extremely better in all aspects higher tier ships, but I find that to be a lie for 8 games in a row now I've seen nothing but tier 8 and 9 ships and on occasion a few tier 7's, and because RNGesus hates me I always get focused down first and die with about 11-23k damage done because the Scharnhorst can't damage anything really, its AP shells can't pen even a cruiser unless its totally flat on a broadside, and its HE shells are useless to set fires with, its heavy inaccuracy at anything more than 14 kms doesn't help either, I mean I'm not trying to say I snipe with it, no I try to brawl with it because that's what I've been told to do and what its made for, but I can't even get into brawling range without blowing up first from HE spammers or a torpedo that just grazes me but manages to blow up my magazine anyway.

Oh well that's my rant over, goodluck seal clubbers.

Edited by potato18

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Man, I feel your pain, Scharnhorst is so underpowered. Look what I did to a scharnhorst with a T6 ship

ZhRTVuk.jpg

Judging by this, I think Scharnhorst should be T5. Cause his guns didnt do anything on a T6 BB as well. And why would a premium ship require skill anyway, you paid for it, right?

109 posts
5,101 battles

When you get focus down by multiple enemies, you die, no excuse, especially if you're a BB. Don't want it? Try not getting yourself in that situation. +2 MM? Play carefully and as a support instead. 

Almost forgot, premium ships aren't immuned to bad MM OP. 

1,484 posts

Well, o don't think it's the ship really, as I have sunk an izumo in my scharnhorst, it's fast & maneuverable like a cruiser, has well aiming guns, & torps too, so perhaps you are playing it wrong?  I would not tank in it, as that is asking for it, gotta keep zigzagging, try to be unpredictable....it's a bit like ishizuchi... Treat it like a battlecruiser, a raider...

A giant Graf spee if you like...

Dunkerque is sort of similar play style, modified of course....

Its a really fun ship

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,959 battles

Scharnhorst is like one of the strongest ships in the game due to how versatile she is. Even at tier 9 you can carry with her. You just tank a lot less and raid alot more.

Sign in to follow this