Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Giving free premium for compensation may be a bad idea

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

So Yesterday, at around 0900 UTC+8, I logged on to World of Warships to grind my Tashkent since I am already close to the Udaloi.  I have to say... I have never seen such feeding behavior in my entire WoWS career.

We have ships literally rushing against 4-5 enemies and dying, as well as enemy ships doing the same.  At first I wondered if I may have accidentally logged in to NA server, but no this was ASIA server.  Even in Tiers 6-8 people do this?  I tried some T10 games, and the same happened.  What on earth happened?  I went to check on other players I know of, and they said the same: Players love to feed and they are experiencing more games with their either getting steamrolled, or steamrolling the enemy (or carrying very hard to win).

And then this morning I was reminded of this: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/compensation-for-0228/

So as it appears, people were indeed rushing to YOLO so they could return to port.

Wargaming, I know that player compensation is great and all, but maybe just giving dubloons would be better than giving free premium time.  It creates perverse incentives for players, and makes they YOLO.

Anyway in the end one just adapts to the situation and goes fishing in T10. 
4 march stats.png

4 march stats.png

Edited by xscore

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Saturday and Sunday, asia potato day.

Weekend + mornings + USN event + free premium = potatus maximus

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Weekend + mornings + USN event + free premium = potatus maximus

the amount of potatoes that died yesterday was enough to turn the sea into vodka fermented from their ship's rusting hulls

Sign in to follow this