Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Dat 55% Torp DMG reduction, how Shokaku destroy Yamato?

8 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

not only Yamato, most tier 9+ BB have a lot of HP and torpedo reduction....... they are slower and easy to target, but they have a lot of HP+ reduction, also they have repair party that can heal again :V

the most annoying is DB not always cause fire, its just hit..... even with 3~4 hit it cannt trigger fire -_-

most tier 10 BB have 80K++ HP, if i can only deal 70K damage...... how the heck CV can carry the game?

imagine there is 4 BB, total 350K++ HP.... well...... at least i should deal min 150K DMG to carry the game....

i thought tier 7 CV are the hell.... but tier 8 CV too -_- .... why the heck i must face dat yamato -_-

1. is equipping the two fire flag will increase burn chance significantly?

2. did most BB captain have "anti magazine detonation upgrade" or use "anti detonation flag" ?

3. did torpedo can trigger detonation in BB easily?

4. did DoT is the best way to deal damage againts BB?

5. anybody struggle in shokaku too? should i rush taiho ?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

CV is overpowered he say :trollface:
CV is for noob he say
CV can easily carry he say

Seriously though

As a Shokaku

• Spot for your team
  • Cross drop DD and follow up with DB
  • Kill low tier BB, leave high tier BB until end of game
  • kill enemy strike squadrons, sacrifice your fighters if you are sure that you can defend your friendlies ships from loosing tons of damage from enemy CV
  • Spot CV for friendlies if possible, not a wise idea to CV snipe with Shokaku. USN CV can do that better with their troll DBs. 
  • Master strafing skills
  • Learn to bait enemy planes
  • If you want to get close to the front line (which I recommend as you'll be in a formation), you may do so. Expect a lot more microing though
  • IJN BBs and DDs are your number one enemy, smack the shit out of them.
  • Do not go for Silenthunter unless you want him to swat your planes out of the sky
Edited by silenthunter19944

381 posts
9,957 battles

1.No it's a waste on CV. Divebombers have like 120-200% fire chance before reduction.

2.I personally never use detonation reduction equip in a BB cuz their magazine is very hard to penetrate but who knows if the nub BB use it.

3.Detonation chance is the same as hitting the magazine with gun shells. Torpedo feels easier to penetrate the magazine though so maybe.

4.Yes if it is a full HP BB you generally have to use DoT instead of raw damage. Use 1 divebomber + 1 torp bomber to force his repair, then the remaining DB/TB for the real damage. Doesn't always work though due to bad luck (AA, fire, flood chance) or reinforcement fighter from enemy side so I don't recommend attack a full HP BB unless you're sure you have plenty of time for microing all squads.

5.Not worth it unless you are excellent with CV already. With Shokaku you don't have to worry about Lexington but Essex can be annoying with occasional 2/1/1 setup. Also T9/10 CV players are usually very good and play in synergized division.  

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Yamato's TDS performance… I'd say it's having obvious advantages and disadvantages.
>Advantage The TDS bulge can reduce much damage and can often prevent flooding.
>Disadvantage TDS bulge only covers a very short part of the ship, much shorter than Montana or GK.
I think Montana's TDS is more balanced, good cover area and good damage reduction.
Grosser… Shall we take hydro into account?

If you want to torp a Yamato, you can try to hit her bow. Flooding is more often, and damages are higher. Detonation is a rare event.

As the tiers go up, battleships are facing harder times and are less able to change the tide. Cruisers' hull gets thicker, their citadel become better hidden, they get concealment module at T8, range module and repair party at T9. So you should worry less about the battleships, they are heavily team depending at high tiers. T5-6 to T6-8 matches are the golden age of battleships.

However, high tier destroyers are more of a problem. As high tier players are better at teamwork, destroyers with their concealment and smoke screen can be much useful. Spotting and killing destroyers can be more useful at higher tiers.

Edited by _Halcyon

783 posts
4,821 battles

not only Yamato, most tier 9+ BB have a lot of HP and torpedo reduction....... they are slower and easy to target, but they have a lot of HP+ reduction, also they have repair party that can heal again :V

the most annoying is DB not always cause fire, its just hit..... even with 3~4 hit it cannt trigger fire -_-

most tier 10 BB have 80K++ HP, if i can only deal 70K damage...... how the heck CV can carry the game?

imagine there is 4 BB, total 350K++ HP.... well...... at least i should deal min 150K DMG to carry the game....

i thought tier 7 CV are the hell.... but tier 8 CV too -_- .... why the heck i must face dat yamato -_-

1. is equipping the two fire flag will increase burn chance significantly?

2. did most BB captain have "anti magazine detonation upgrade" or use "anti detonation flag" ?

3. did torpedo can trigger detonation in BB easily?

4. did DoT is the best way to deal damage againts BB?

5. anybody struggle in shokaku too? should i rush taiho ?

For Yamato, you aren't supposed to face the TDS directly. You're supposed to stack flood/fires against it since it's % based. No matter how much HP it has total, a good stacking of fires/flood WILL oneshot it if done correctly. That goes for every other ship as well.

As for DBs not always causing fires. IJN DBs IIRC have a fire chance of ~120%. Inherent fire reduction of T10 ships give it a 50% protection approximately. That means, for every bomb hit you do, it will only manage to have a more realistic rate of 60% chance of fire. Not counting captain skills and flags and other modules. So seeing your bomb hits not cause fires is commonplace.

As for carrying the game in ratio with the ship HP, it will depend per game. You can do 0 damage and still win the game for all intents and purposes. :hiding:

For the questions:

1. Seeing as you have a base fire chance of 120%. Adding 1% to it twice is inconsequential and a Waste of Signal Flags.

2. Most BB captains would have the Main Battery Modification as it is their bread and butter.

3. Torpedoes are "relatively" the best way to detonate a BB. Only Torps and penetrating AP shells would usually detonate a BB, but chances of that is pretty miniscule in itself. Best not to even consider detonations.

4. It will of course depend on the situation. Some situations would need you to "Alpha" a BB to death to take it out of the fight as quickly as possible. Some situations as enemy fighters and AA cover also make DoT tactics unfeasible to do against your target. It's a balance of plane conservation and damage output potentially.

5. Shoukaku only struggles imo when it's bottom tier in a T10 match due to the AA powerspike of AA in most of the ships at that tier. And even then, it can effectively deal with most of the ships as long as they aren't AA spec. It's also an easier transition of Hiryuu -> Shoukaku due to having the same loadouts, and your job and decision making not changing as much for the two ships.

All in all, good luck.

Edited by SZYZWY

1,105 posts

CV is overpowered he say :trollface:

CV is for noob he say

CV can easily carry he say

as long as the tier different is only 1 :v or 1~2 ship 

the most troublesome is when there is 3~4 BB in tier 10 and the lowest tier is 9

and dat Yamato destroying every team sheep like paper..... obviously CV should target this sheep. oh gad, they heal back! i need at least more TB in Taiho to nuke Yamato.

seriously, TIER 9 and 10 sheep different is like earth and sky!

Cross drop DD and follow up with DB

well, i did this but with DB strike first

Spot CV for friendlies if possible, not a wise idea to CV snipe with Shokaku. USN CV can do that better with their troll DBs.

this one should be a nice idea :V

4.Yes if it is a full HP BB you generally have to use DoT instead of raw damage. Use 1 divebomber + 1 torp bomber to force his repair, then the remaining DB/TB for the real damage. Doesn't always work though due to bad luck (AA, fire, flood chance) or reinforcement fighter from enemy side so I don't recommend attack a full HP BB unless you're sure you have plenty of time for microing all squads.

this one should work, i am always attacking in full scale attack with DB and TB :V

If you want to torp a Yamato, you can try to hit her bow. Flooding is more often, and damages are higher. Detonation is a rare event.

so if the torp hit the non protected area, it will deal full damage? howling sheeeeeet!

how to kill Yamato

"FUN AND ENGAGING"

you mean mag detonation :V

i will practice it and become CV boss :V

4. It will of course depend on the situation. Some situations would need you to "Alpha" a BB to death to take it out of the fight as quickly as possible. Some situations as enemy fighters and AA cover also make DoT tactics unfeasible to do against your target. It's a balance of plane conservation and damage output potentially.

its depend on situation after all..... 

alright bro, thanks for advice :)

since i am asking forum in Ryujo, my gameplay become better :V

i remember when my win rate only 48%, its increasing time by time :coin:

1,493 posts

Well, in real life it took 20 torpedoes to sink yamato, & a huge amount of attacking musashi (wave after wave of planes on both I think), so it is unrealistic to think that CV should be so overpowering as to sink a yamato class ship by itself, & not expecting it to use damage control to stop itself from sinkimg... (Unless you are Billy Mitchell, who likes to attack stationary battleships, without damage control, crews, ships in good condition, ships like ostfriesland) lol

This is where a seldom used word come into play... Teamwork...

CV not the only ship in the game (neither are DD)

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this