You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

How Fare the IJN DDs?

22 comments in this topic

85 posts
4,541 battles

There's a recent Q&A from the devs , and I noticed one question about the current situation of IJN DDs.

The dev's answer?Q0WUacw.png

>on average, the ships are shitty, but top players can make them competitive, and that is what we want them to be
>Shiratsuyu nerf incoming (maybe change torp reload booster to standard 30 sec?)

Not too sure about this, but what can you say?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not too sure about this, but what can you say?

I can say that Samidare has so far been my most fun stock grind.

qBblEyj.jpg

Edited by Retia

[LBAS]
4,489 posts
25,673 battles

>on average, the ships are shitty, but top players can make them competitive, and that is what we want them to be

>Shiratsuyu nerf incoming (maybe change torp reload booster to standard 30 sec?)

non-stop nerf IJN DDs, its WG' style:angry:

[BOTES]
13 posts
4,286 battles

Competent players can do well in IJN DDs, but put the same player onto USN or VMF DDs they will do even better.

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Competent players can do well in IJN DDs, but put the same player onto USN or VMF DDs they will do even better.

Thats exactly the point

Theres no need to use IJN DDs if u have USN DDs(except shiratsuyu

203 posts
11,788 battles

You know let's just let them nerf IJN DD to the point where only "Skilled" players can play them.

There's a lot of frustation caused by IJN DD drivers these days anyway and those frustation is to its own team not to its enemy mind you. :fishpalm:
Since gunboats can perform "Dropping torpedoes until they hit" as well these days so why bother with IJN DD ?

Maybe if they nerf to the point even "skilled" players just won't bother they might wake up and bring "Torpedoboat" back to its glory.

Edited by MikuChrome

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Torpedo is by far still out of control of the players for the most part , to me it is a time-chance event where both party are subjected to RNG and luck to certain degree.

Torp is unreliable as a main arm , thats all there is to it much like SPG flame that rage on in WoT , it is just so random.

Torp is also severely hampered by its terrible availability throughout the match , whats the point if your best choice of arms are only avail every 2 min.

These points make IJN dd the least suited for prolonged fights and the least suited to be the fleet screen. They are more like YOLO spam platform.

The skill ceiling is set low for them now , but skill floor is among the highest. They are more of a gimmick line that work sometimes and fail other times.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Well I think they consider ijn DD as main reason for camping.....

But , I want to say this to WG :

The Camper do camp whether there is DD or not!!!!

181 posts
7,580 battles

Inb4, the only thing triggers SEA players here is "any" IJN DD "nerfs".

Even some "nerfs" like changing the fire chance coefficient is considered some "major" changes and somebody must make a topic to rant for it.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Even some "nerfs" like changing the fire chance coefficient is considered some "major" changes and somebody must make a topic to rant for it.

Well...all nerfs and no buffs made them like that though.

[LBAS]
4,489 posts
25,673 battles

how many time WG buff IJN DDs ?

181 posts
7,580 battles

how many time WG buff IJN DDs ?

None and how will it change anything about SEA players (mostly) being heretics to IJN warships?

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Yes please, nerf IJN DDs more, but most importantly make sure people know that they are super useless line, so that majority of players stop playing them. A line that require most skill is run ruined by the least skilled players. For some, WoWS is just "I love to drive my loli bote" while many of us want to have good games regardless of weaboo values of ships. We get stunned by the fact that a surprisingly large number of IJN DD players cannot even see green ships on their screen and they are yet to find out what those big circles in the map means, even at T10s. So go figure.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yes please, nerf IJN DDs more, but most importantly make sure people know that they are super useless line, so that majority of players stop playing them. A line that require most skill is run ruined by the least skilled players. For some, WoWS is just "I love to drive my loli bote" while many of us want to have good games regardless of weaboo values of ships. We get stunned by the fact that a surprisingly large number of IJN DD players cannot even see green ships on their screen and they are yet to find out what those big circles in the map means, even at T10s. So go figure.

You sound mad. I'll continue playing IJN DDs and ruin your day.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

You sound mad. I'll continue playing IJN DDs and ruin your day.

Well, you can try though. Since we usually carry IJN DD players 70% of the game, there is a high chance that you will get carried as well. :D