You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TimothyLuke

CBT approval bugs?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts

Hi Warship crew.

I applied to the CBT today and after a few 504 Gateway Timed Out messages from Nginx received this:

Greetings Player,

Congratulations! Your application for the World of Warships has been approved! We have sent you an e-mail with all necessary instructions and a download link.

Welcome to the World of Warships !

and thought excellent!  The email however said:

Dear TimothyLuke!

Thank you for signing up to participate in the World of Warships Closed Beta.
While your submission is in process, you can discuss World of Warships with the game's developers and other players awaiting Beta access on the official World of Warships forum . Once you are selected to participate in Closed Beta, we will send you an invite using the email address you provided during the application process with all the necessary instructions on beginning testing.
Welcome to the community!

This seems a bit inconsistent.  I know the server was hammered but was there a bit of a bug in there?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It was just an announcement that your application was sent.

The thing is, it'll be processed who-knows-when-will-it-finish, so there's a chance that you won't be picked for CBT. 

No idea what are WG's requirement criteria, but I guess you have to wait.

2 posts
119 battles

I got the same thing.

Congratulations! Your application for the World of Warships has been approved! We have sent you an e-mail with all necessary instructions and a download link.

that doesn't read like "your application has been received and is being reviewed"

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yeah, it was a bit inconsistent, the webpage and email that is.

Probably just someone derped the translation. Anyhow, if you don't receive the 2nd email it means either they are still processing your request or you got rejected.

I'm still waiting for that 2nd email to come :sceptic:

do you know when will the lottery held?

5PM SGT (+8 GMT), it was around 2h ago. If you missed it, chance is that you probably won't get a slot into CBT anymore unless someone was generous enough to give out a beta key. I'm not one of those who have any of that luxury code though.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
42 posts
1,375 battles

Yeah, it was a bit inconsistent, the webpage and email that is.

Probably just someone derped the translation. Anyhow, if you don't receive the 2nd email it means either they are still processing your request or you got rejected.

I'm still waiting for that 2nd email to come :sceptic:

5PM SGT (+8 GMT), it was around 2h ago. If you missed it, chance is that you probably won't get a slot into CBT anymore unless someone was generous enough to give out a beta key. I'm not one of those who have any of that luxury code though.

but two hours ago i already send my information and they said 

Dear OkitaShougo!

Thank you for signing up to participate in the World of Warships Closed Beta.
While your submission is in process, you can discuss World of Warships with the game's developers and other players awaiting Beta access on the official World of Warships forum . Once you are selected to participate in Closed Beta, we will send you an invite using the email address you provided during the application process with all the necessary instructions on beginning testing.
Welcome to the community!

1 post

So email may arrive in 2 or so hours. At least I wont be pulling my hair out checking my inbox every 5 mins and seeing no official email. 

Strange as it may seem, when trying too sign up for CBT a javascript popped up and it now resides in my download box. Anyone no what this
script is for ?