AdverseYaw

Rising Sun Flag modification for Japanese ships.

61 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
98 posts
67 battles

Rising Sun Frag Flag modification for Japanese ships.

[picture removed ]

Please delete attached file if WG staffs think this mod is undesirable.

DON'T use if you don't like the flag.

The mod is OK to use, as it only displays locally on your own client. Pictures of vessels with the mod applied will not be allowed on the forums. Neither will videos where the flag is displayed on the initial screen. On a personal note, I actually made the mod during alpha and posted it in the alpha section, as I like to have all the vessels shown as in the period they come from. It would have been nice if you had given attribution where it was due..

Picture removed, player warned.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

icon_warning.pngEdited by AALG, 15 March 2015, 10:46 AM JST.
       Inappeopriate content removed

I see sir.

I changed screenshot to blurred one.

It's same way to be suggested by developer in NA forum.

I'm going to allow the screenshot for the time being...but be aware that I may need to ask you to blur it out later on. (Policy reasons)

A lot of players have been awaiting this mod, though, so kudos FuelWakame!

Please re-remove image if the problem remain.

[new picture removed]

Added by AdverseYaw, 15 March 2015, 11:30 AM JST.

NA forums is NA forums. This is SPAR... Eh... The Asia forums, not the NA forums. Blurred or non-blurred pictures of the Rising Sun flag mod will not be allowed on the Asia forums. Inappropriate content removed, player sanctioned.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

icon_warning.pngEdited by AALG, 15 March 2015, 12:08 PM JST.

I see sir.

Added by AdverseYaw, 16 March 2015, 4:42 PM JST.

Download

Attached File  RSF_030.zip   6.72K

Installation

1. Download and unzip the file.
  2. Copy unziped "res" folder into WoWS installed folder. (same folder as WorldOfWarships.exe is.)

Edit log

2015/03/15 11:30 a.m. JST - Chenged screenshot to blurred image. (Click to see original image)

RSF_030.zip

Edited by AdverseYaw

Alpha Tester
60 posts
635 battles

Thanks. I personally prefer historically accurate designs over anything else, it really feels strange to see the Hinomaru atop an IJN vessel.

I like putting banner on my StuG III

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ah this is a cure for my uncomfort feeling about the current flag, as... Sun is not rising anymore (japan already lost)

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

ah this is a cure for my uncomfort feeling about the current flag, as... Sun is not rising anymore (japan already lost)

May be Moon rising?

Sorry, I will go get a doctor. :unsure:

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

So someone made a mod for it after all.

Though I still think WG should have made it as an "option" where you can switch between the normal flag and the rising sun flag.

Not sure why they didn't implement such system as there are no demerits for both WG and the certain "group".

FYI, this is coming from a player who has the same background as that group.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I like putting banner on my StuG III

"Space for Rent : Pls PM Isuzu for offers" :teethhappy:

Sun is not rising anymore

Reminds me of this song:

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

View PostAdverseYaw, on 12 March 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

Rising Sun Flag modification for Japanese ships.

Thanks, this is just what I needed.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

i dont know why in hell but the normal japan flag bother me a lots

Don't you know? There are no IJN ships in this game. They're all Japanese civilian merchant vessels! Armed with huge 46cm cannons!

For those who missed the punchline, civilian merchant ships use the Hinomaru flag.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

This is great stuff, mods. To clarify, posting modern JMSDF ships flying the exact same ensign will earn us a ban?

Nope, we're allowed historical pictures of ships flying the various forbidden flags, as long as it isnt too prominent. 

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

This is great stuff, mods. To clarify, posting modern JMSDF ships flying the exact same ensign will earn us a ban?

A warning on the first offence, a sanction on repeat offenses.

Even though two out of three arms of the JDSF uses it today, the display of the RIsing Sun emblem is not allowed on the WG supplied communications platforms.

It is not a political statement, or "taking sides" by WG. Its to avoid having people become emotional affected in some of the countries covered by this regional server. There is no denying that the display of the Rising Sun symbol, due to events taking place prior to, and during WWII, creates emotional distress among several nationalities within the area serviced by this server.

By allowing the use and posting of the mod, players who want a historical correct display of the IJN vessel on their local copy of the client, can be serviced and satisfied. At the same time it is hoped, that they will be able to understand the effects a display of the Rising Sun flag can have on other people, and respect the decisions made by WG, to not display the Rising Sun symbol on the forums, in any form.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Nope, we're allowed historical pictures of ships flying the various forbidden flags, as long as it isnt too prominent. 

Incorrect - see post preceeding this one for clarification.

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

Fair enough.

3 Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos

3.12 that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules; i.e. anything that may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred.

While we're at it, who determines what may provoke the said "strong negative reaction"? There are (at least) two sides to every conflict, and "national/ethnic hatred" probably happens on both sides. In the context of warships (surprisingly, instruments of war) these things tend to come up a lot. Does that automatically ban soviet, US, chinese and any other possibly offensive symbols and emblems? Does it only apply to the most hated ones in "the countries covered by this regional server"?

Edited by Kempf

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

WG determines it, as its their game, their server, their forums and so on. They have decided that the rising sun flag will not be in the game as supplied by WG, and that the rising sun emblem will not be allowed to be displayed on their communications platforms.

Again, as stated above, its not WG taking sides, but a decision made to ensure that there wont be cause for emotional distress in the countries where that might happen due to the display of that symbol.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Incorrect - see post preceeding this one for clarification.

That wasnt the initial impression I was given, and previous moderation of historical images (ie, none) seemed to back that up... So we're actually expected to edit out the flags out of images we post then?

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

and that the rising sun emblem will not be allowed to be displayed on their communications platforms.

Aye, I got that, but what about

soviet, US, chinese and any other possibly offensive symbols and emblems? Does it only apply to the most hated ones in "the countries covered by this regional server"?

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

WG has explicitly specified in their rules, since day one, that for instance nazi related symbology is not allowed, partly due to historical reason, but also due to legal reasons, as nazi related symbols are illegal in Germany, and a couple of other countries.

Soviet symbols are not illegal in their homecountry nor are US, chinese, vietnamese, jolly roger, sct georgs cross, imperial russian flag etc in their home countries. Nor do they cause emotional distress in the same manner outside of their home countries, as the Rising Sun symbol might do. Hence why those symbols and flags are not disallowed on the WG supplied communications platforms.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Aye, I got that, but what about

We had this argument about 2 years ago in the WoT forums regarding certain inscriptions. It was widely agreed (by WG) that only things that lots of people get butthurt about count. So it doesnt matter how awful you actually were, as long as not too many people really care about said atrocities. Was a kinda weak justification for that particular argument, but it didnt really stop them

I wouldnt expect to sway WGs opinion any time soon.