You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Seabad

Kutuzov needs radar, not sonar

54 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

The kutuzov is one of my favourite ships.

Unfortunately since the updates to captains skills and the changes to HE the Kutu's main source of damage has now been nerfed extremely. I used to go from 80k matches regularly to now 40k with many hits doing 0 damage whatsoever. I have actually been getting more damage with AP against BB's like bismarck and Iowa than I can when coughing HE all over them like the good old days.

So what is the issue exactly? Well with the HE nerf the kutuzov finds itself without a clear role. It can't firehose BB any more, it can't firehose CA and AP overpens DD. Compounding the issues of its guns being ineffective against targets 50% of the time, the huge body and paper thin armour creates a situation where it will get citpenned by all guns from gunboat DD or larger, from all angles. As a premium ship it has smoke and good rudder times (typical assets premiums enjoy is quick rudders and either smoke or other nebulous upgrades) but smoke doesn't work when your guns can't hurt anything. This is not a torp ship, it is not good at spotting due to 11.7km detect range if specced that way, 12.7km+ if not, it has the functionally worthless (at T8) sonar while risking being radar'd in the smoke you need to survive encounters with larger ships. The kutuzov is not particularly fast.

Weak guns, weak armour, average speed, average AA, good rudder and it cost $50 to buy.

So my proposal is thus - give kutuzov radar. It's a 1950's ship, it had a radar. Increase the penetration characteristics of its HE so it has fewer dead/null hits.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Is my Kutuzov the only one to see a MAJOR damage increase after 0.6.0 update?

I mean IMPRESSIVELY HUGE damage increase.

My Kutuzov's average has increased from ~45k to 60k.

My Shchors, using the same guns, got a 63k average.(played only after 060)

Chapayev, which I got only two days ago, 68k.

You ignored a really great skill 0.6.0 added and thus consider Kutuzov nerfed.

IFHE, Inertia Fuze for HE shells.

This skill can give your shells a LOT more penetrating hits.

0.6.0 has changed how 6" HE shells are used. In 0.5 patches they were often used only to set fire, but in 0.6 DE was nerfed(and the addition of a useful Fire Prevention). WG expected 6" cruisers that own HE do damage more by direct penetration and less by fire.

Edited by _Halcyon

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Weak guns? Maybe, but not the worst

Weak armor? Look at new orleans lol

Average speed? Agree with that

Average AA? It has the best AA among all tier8 cruisers dude

It already has smoke, adding a radar will just make it into another belfast

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Weak guns? Maybe, but not the worst

Weak armor? Look at new orleans lol

Average speed? Agree with that

Average AA? It has the best AA among all tier8 cruisers dude

It already has smoke, adding a radar will just make it into another belfast

IFHE Kutuzov own the second best cruiser guns in T8, the only ship with better guns is IFHE Chapayev due to better detection penalty after firing shots.

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

IFHE Kutuzov own the second best cruiser guns in T8, the only ship with better guns is IFHE Chapayev due to better detection penalty after firing shots.

I think IJN 203 is better though

Due to its HE pen and fire power with 1 salvo

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I think IJN 203 is better though

Due to its HE pen and fire power with 1 salvo

203mm gets 34mm HE pen, and IFHE 152mm gets 32.5mm(effectively 33mm). Basically no difference.

203mm do get better single salvo damage, but well, on most occasions cruisers use HE and I guess HE don't really need high single salvo damage.

Oh I forgot this, Mogami's 155mm. This should be the best if you can get used to the SLOW transverse and bad firing angle and you have IFHE captain. 155mm Mogami can shoot the same amount of shells as a Chapayev/Kutuzov while her HE max damage is 2600 vs Soviet 152mm 2200.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

$50 to buy.

Ever heard of Kranzy Krym??? People bought it as well but I don't see them complaining soo much like you are doing about a ship which is an extremely good ship...And so that you know this was the first cruiser to get smoke consumable... And with IFHE it has become more Better...

Your argument is sounding like Akizuki is underpowered needs to be moved to T6 ... Just because you payed money for something doesn't mean you should be seen as overlord or something and blast everything out of the water with your $50 ship... what it doesn't need is a radar... 

Video Contributor
2,262 posts
10,788 battles

Can i ask you?

for what?

good AA and better than Chapayev

further than Chapayev

worse concealment than Chapayev

rubber better than Chapayev

has smoke and farm in smoke

MK does not want to have radar anymore :p

if you want get Chapayev

ok answer has been cleared 

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

I don't so much care about buffing its guns. I care about radar so it can go DD hunting with the HE it does possess, so it can be a counter to UK CA. Infact, I'd trade smoke for radar because I flatly find radar more useful.

Please don't sound like a self entitled player.

Why not adapt to the new system?

You use that phrase like you know what it means.. but you don't.

I had a quick look at your profile and actually it's you who suck at this game OP - just admit it instead of buffing one of the stronger premium in the game

As I've proven in that past when I actually want to win I can win 88% of my games for multiple days straight. I'm not terrible, just horribly drunk.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Ever heard of Kranzy Krym??? People bought it as well but I don't see them complaining soo much like you are doing about a ship which is an extremely good ship...And so that you know this was the first cruiser to get smoke consumable... And with IFHE it has become more Better...

Your argument is sounding like Akizuki is underpowered needs to be moved to T6 ... Just because you payed money for something doesn't mean you should be seen as overlord or something and blast everything out of the water with your $50 ship... what it doesn't need is a radar... 

That reminds me of a match i had recently that I took out 38k HP of Kutuzov and then sank her by blindfiring into her smoke with my Amagi.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I don't so much care about buffing its guns. I care about radar so it can go DD hunting with the HE it does possess, so it can be a counter to UK CA. Infact, I'd trade smoke for radar because I flatly find radar more useful.

Good luck with that with MK's crappy concealment.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

Good luck with that with MK's crappy concealment.

Gee it's almost like the request for radar is to hunt DD hiding in stacked smokes from all the UK CA and shimakaze's around.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

That reminds me of a match i had recently that I took out 38k HP of Kutuzov and then sank her by blindfiring into her smoke with my Amagi.

And your point is??? Kutuzov is weak??

You want radar as well...???