You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blacknoheart

Stock Ship That Give You Nightmares

29 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

I have only gone through 40+ ships and more still to come

Of all the ships I grinded, The Colorado and Pensacola has got  be the worst Stock Hull Ships that I felt I've struggled with

probably because these two are my first two line and I was in my noobs days

They were among the slowest stock hull, never again has I ever struggled with stock hull like these two

They were quite good and enjoyable after upgrade, but their stock we're simply terrible

Oh, and I have freexp fuso's A hull in accordance to flamu

What about you guys, which stock ships that still give you nightmares?

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,325 battles

A hull Fuso - U r detected from the moon with a shotgun firing range. I played probably less than 10 games before I had enough and free XP it

Currently in training

Izumo stock hull - That rudder shift is so bad that sometimes u r wondering whether this thing can turn or not 

440 posts
3,380 battles

Oh, and I have freexp fuso's old A hull in accordance to flamu

That one, it's made out of pure pain and suffering

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I usually only play stock ships in Ranked so here's my experience from this season (so far):

Stock Kiew prolly was the worst, her performance was greatly increased after I got SE and the hull upgrade.

She generally did alright, but it always felt like I wasn't contributing as much as I could, sadly I finished the grind before I could

see her full glory in Ranked.

Stock Colorado was okay, good damage output, okay survivability.

I mostly sailed around mid range (10km to 14km) and tried to mitigate damage while hitting cruisers with AP volleys.

I didn't really see any major issues in comparisson between stock and fully upgraded.

What really annoyed me was not having premium consumables, but it still worked out... kinda...

Stock Gneisenau was a bit iffy to be honest.

My main issue was her stock speed in combination with the rudder shift time.

This, in addition to her reduced hitpoint pool, made it difficult to do what Gneisenau seems to be doing best in Ranked,

i.e. going in there from a good angle and supporting her team's DDs at mid to close range.

Stock Myoukou was alright in Ranked.

I mean, she pretty much has everything she needs, guns, range, maneuverability and torpedoes.

Her upgrades just improve upon things like survivability and number of torpedoes, which is quite nice,

but hardly necessary to do decently.

Stock Shiratsuyu Samidare was great, all her upgrades do is increase her survivability.

Which is great since she's pre-patch stock Hatsuharu with better torps and hitpoints, but even more so

than Myoukou it's not a "must have".

She can easily stealth torp any living being on Earth, gets outspotted by some of her peers, but that doesn't really

matter if you go into it with an equivalent mindset.

Out of all stock ships I've played this season she was the best one, easily... I'm actually kinda sad that I'm

soon to part with her.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

In a stock trashcan right now, enduring fine, play like a coward though

overall RU DD aren't too bad for me, only struggled rew games at start of gnevny and kiev, but that's more because of playstyle rather than hull

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Stock Izumo..... the real [content removed]

Derog/inappropriate (Cancer).  Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

wow, i never imagine so many people have nightmares with so many different stock ships

then again, there are still tons of ships that i never played

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

The Svietlana once it was first released and you engines got broken after every single HE hit, I once had a game where my engine broke 5 times. I used Free XP after that and have never played it since.

1,498 posts

I had real issues with my stock New York, after coming from fully upgraded Wyoming, New York didn't even seem to turn it's rudder, & it was so bad I nearly gave up trying to play anything above tier 4.

I kept going back to Wyoming, as I could turn, hit things, have speed, have AA....

I still play Texas a lot which is sistership to New York, I only got rid of New York because Texas had more AA, I put my captain in.... Great fun

I ended up selling my Wyoming as I couldn't go back, it felt like the guns twisted, ad I found it wildly inaccurate... But I still play my favourite tier 4 ship a huge amount.... Anyone guess which ship?

:playing:

Ordrazz

1,126 posts

if stock fuso is bad detection, try Izumo

ISS has confirm that they can see her from up there!

the way her's turret are placed is soo awkward.

her superstructure is .... oh my god... she'll never win any beauty contest.

her rudder shift? need more lubricant oil!

and my crew always play a camp fire on deck!

...but she's a step stone to the mighty YAMATO ... so, I have to endure it  >_<

Edited by PGM991

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,307 battles

Stock Mogami (post 155mm nerf) - that 14,2km range is very fun and engaging to play in t10

Stock Mogami is amazing. I mean even with 14.2 range it is serviceable but I been grinding stock A hull mogmai with only the range upgrade.

But the worst is playing stock CV. Especially american CV.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

old stock fuso, nagato and amagi, when they had the shite hulls with no AA and used type 88 AP, especially nagato since you could still meet T10s when i grinded her, and i still remember getting torped my a zao in fuso when i cross tier divved with a friend who got  the nagato before me, it was very fun

"he's launching torps"

"gets ready to evade"

"holy mother of stalin they so frigging fa..."

*thunk*10

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

I thought the stock hull New Mexico would be painful, but getting the stock hull Colorado...

Man, even with installing the plotting room mod to increase gun range and steering gears mod to reduce rudder shift time, Colorado sucks until you get the first hull upgrade.

I even preferred stock Pensacola over this. At least she has speed. :hiding:

Edited by EJL

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

I thought the stock hull New Mexico would be painful, but getting the stock hull Colorado...

Man, even with installing the plotting room mod to increase gun range and steering gears mod to reduce rudder shift time, Colorado sucks until you get the first hull upgrade.

I even preferred stock Pensacola over this. At least she has speed. :hiding:

Colo's issue has always been her speed, stock colo always had me sunken due to her slow speed

Stock pepsi? Speed? Only if you compare to colo

347 posts

Plays Ranger stock fighters

*sees saipan T9 planes*

*cries*

Ranger's Best planes with AS and extra HP bonuses barely buy enough time to drop torp and bombs let alone stock with no captain skills

Edited by BravaZulu296

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Tier 9 stock CV that I had to buy its modules using free exp, stock Pensacola, and stock Fuso.