You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LunaticRed

Comparison of NA and SEA's events

19 comments in this topic

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Hi,

With nothing better to do, I decided to compare our events with NA's events. Below shows the table of events from January to Febuary (SEA has a lot of combat missions so for the ease, I put them side be side).

mkAGpNb.png

So what are the totals? 

NA SEA

3 days x3 First win
13 days x2 First win
35x Dam con II
2 Day premium
25x Type 1 camo
25x Type 6 Camo
10x Restless fire camo
10x oceal Soul camo
5x valentine camo + flag

35x Sierra Mike flags
20x Juliet Charlie flags
20x India Yankee flags
20x Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flags
50x Indian Yankee
50x Juliet Yankee
25x Juliet Charlie
25x India X-Ray
25x Juliet Whiskey

10x Dragon flags

1x Dragon flag Repeatable 3 days
25% XP repeatable 16 days
25k credits REPEATABLE12 Days
500 XP REPEATABLE 12 Days
100% Commander XP REPEATABLE 3 Days
50% Commander XP REPEATABLE 26 Days
25% Commander XP REPEATABLE16 Days
1.5 XP REPEATABLE 1 day
15x India X-Ray flags REPEATABLE 4 days
15x India Delta Flags REPEATABLE 3 Days
15 November Echo flags REPEATABLE 4 Days

Total: 75 camos, 2 days premium, 35 consumables, 280 flags, a whole month of repeatable exps

x3 First win bonus 6 days
1 Day premium
9300k Credits

40x Type 6 Camos
40x Restless fire Camo
35x Ocean Spirit Camo
5x Valentine camo + Flag

100x Damage Control II
15x Smoke Gen II
10x Engine Boost II
10x Hydro II
10x AA II
10x Spotting Plane II
10x Repair II

20x Dragon flags
45x Papa Papa
25x India Bravo Terrathree
20x Sierra Mike
50x India Yankee
30x November Foxtrot
10x November Echo
10x Victor Lima
10x Mike Yankee
10x India Delta
20x Juliet Yankee
10x November Foxtrot
60x Equal Speed Charlie
20x Zulu

1x Dragon flag REPEATABLE 8 days
1.5x EXP ONCE x4

Total: 120 camos, 165 consumables, 340 flags, 1 day prem, 9.3m credits etc

What does this tell us? That we get a few extra flags and camos in exchange for A LOT of repeatable events which give ridiculous amounts of commander and normal exp which has a basic up-time of 50% of the time.

And to top it off, NA gets a free Katori for getting 38k base exp in a month in March. Thank you so much ASIA's manager for spoiling us <3

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Katori, being a japanese ship, has a deep connection to the US, hence it's only normal that they'd get a set of missions for her.

We're likely to get something like Smith, which has a much deeper meaning to asian nations.

I'm tempted to start playing on the EU Server, maybe they'll get a russian ship~

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Katori, being a japanese ship, has a deep connection to the US, hence it's only normal that they'd get a set of missions for her.

We're likely to get something like Smith, which has a much deeper meaning to asian nations.

I'm tempted to start playing on the EU Server, maybe they'll get a russian ship~

Nah by your logic they'll get Perth mate

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Don't forget the NA URL guy which is apparently a lot more human than what we get here in Asia.

783 posts
4,819 battles

I remember the time we got the Campbeltown first release and EU got a Lo Yang bundle. You're definitely on to something here. :great:

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

I remember the time we got the Campbeltown first release and EU got a Lo Yang bundle. You're definitely on to something here. :great:

Funny thing is, EU got a free Campbeltown.

[ATLAS]
50 posts
10,445 battles

I feel ya OP. 46cPA8s.jpg

I dunno why they just dont make the weekly mission and challenges same across servers.

Edited by bucksgen

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Don't forget that within the timespan of 6 months, EU server has had 5 instances of free XP conversion discounts, whereas SEA server hasn't had one in a very long time.

Edited by benlisquare

12 posts
2,277 battles

Im surprised at the differences between the servers, i am a new player and new to the forums so I dont have the background knowledge of those that have been here longer than me.

But why is there a difference in events for the servers? surely it makes sense to have the same events on all servers.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

Im surprised at the differences between the servers, i am a new player and new to the forums so I dont have the background knowledge of those that have been here longer than me.

But why is there a difference in events for the servers? surely it makes sense to have the same events on all servers.

Different servers are run by different business units.  A special in Russia may not rate as good economic sense in Asia or Europe or the US.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's also only a month by month comparisson, theoretically the yearly comparisson should be much more similiar.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Because 'reasons' TM. 

Different servers are run by different business units.  A special in Russia may not rate as good economic sense in Asia or Europe or the US.

Yup,EU didn't think the Spee missions made sense till the EU players burnt the forum down over them!

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

Don't forget the NA URL guy which is apparently a lot more human than what we get here in Asia.

overwhelming?

BTW: its been long time no new Funny Video:unsure:

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

It's also only a month by month comparisson, theoretically the yearly comparisson should be much more similiar.

Want to be my guest in doing a year of comparison? It took me 2 hours to compile all this (2 months) and I even skimmed out on a lot of details like the amount of effort it takes to achieve ASIA's rewards which is only apparent in the spreadsheet.

I also did not include all the specials that NA has (discounts, exp conversions etc) because there is nothing to compare them to.

Edited by LunaticRed

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I also did not include all the specials that NA has (discounts, exp conversions etc) because there is nothing to compare them to.

57822c19e1ad1.png

Don't forget the NA URL guy which is apparently a lot more human than what we get here in Asia.

overwhelming?

BTW: its been long time no new Funny Video:unsure:

No incentives to make another, yet.

Edited by Eurobeat

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Want to be my guest in doing a year of comparison? 

I'm well aware how long gathering that info takes, which is why I haven't done it yet despite being somewhat curious about it.

Somewhat, because I don't care too much about it,

from a statistical point of view it's very possible for one server to have better 

events than another within one year and next year it's another one that comes out on top.

As for why I don't care that much, well, that part is rather simple.

I play the game when I'm in the mood for it, not for some tacky event.

Otherwise I would be playing my NA account atm, but instead I'm busy with The Subtraction, Local Raw: Hammerwar and Watch it Over.

(Game names changed)

I'd still love to see a full comparisson since release though if anyone feels like information hunting instead of playing. :p

Edited by Retia

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I stopped caring about events and specials a long time ago.

In fact, I stopped caring about them while I was still playing tanks on (so called better server) NA years ago.

I like playing the game simply because I feel like playing the game.

Events, schmevents. If the game wasn't entertaining enough that it needs events to pull me in, I just stop playing.