Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

question about current high tier gameplay :V

12 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

well, since i only need 4k xp more to Shokaku :

1. do there is decent CV population in high tier? i really hate waiting at MM hehehe

2. do people go "YOLO" everytime there is cyclone? i see every sheep both foe and friend trying to get as close as possible!

3. if i am hover my plane to spot enemy sheep in cyclone, do my friendly sheep can also spot it too?

5. is that true BB in higher tier have a hard time dodging torpedo bomber? their rudder shift time seems to high and most of them doing camping fire and move at slow speed

6. BB in high tier love to get close so they can use secondary armament?

7. i see more BB rather than CA in high tier, is that true? i see a lot of BB one shot the CA most of the time.

8. who is the most dangerous BB in high tier? the YOLO pusher or the camper?

9. is that true most of BB captain took "fire prevention" skill? my DB hit 2~3 but NO FIRE!

10. is DD still the main threat of the fleet? i see the BB i more terrifying because dat few shot kill!

11. or abandon the high tier and start playing USN CV from below :V ? 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

CV at high tiers are at the brink of extinction. Tier 8 is fine. Tier 9 and 10. Im afraid u need to wait

And most of the players on T10 build Secondary and some other build than AA since not much CV now. Even zao with DFAA can shred T9 and T10 planes. And survive attacks. 

What u need to do is. As a CV. u always hunt down "Balanced" IJN DDs. They are easy to kill. Their AA are like ppl firing Arrows to ur planes :D

Edited by Safiuddin97

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

2. They have to because they can only see enemy ships when they're are at least 8km from them

3. If they are in 8km range from the ship you spot then yes, they can see them but if not, they can only see the location on the minimap.

4. Where is number 4?

5. Maybe that's because of the Torpwall everywhere that built by Shimakaze.

6. Only the German BBs like to get close to use their secondaries, USN and IJN BBs like to keep out of secondaries range.

7. From the way i see it, there are still a lot of CA in high tier

8. The ones that actually use their brain instead of choosing either Yoloing without any cares about allies line of fire or camping without any benefits for the team.

10. DD is still the main threat because of TORPWALL and they can play objective like capping and spotting for the team.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

CV population at T10 is very low... as to why, you will find out when you get into battle (hint: divisions and unicums).

hint:you either fish or get fished

783 posts
4,808 battles

1. do there is decent CV population in high tier? i really hate waiting at MM hehehe

2. do people go "YOLO" everytime there is cyclone? i see every sheep both foe and friend trying to get as close as possible!

3. if i am hover my plane to spot enemy sheep in cyclone, do my friendly sheep can also spot it too?

5. is that true BB in higher tier have a hard time dodging torpedo bomber? their rudder shift time seems to high and most of them doing camping fire and move at slow speed

6. BB in high tier love to get close so they can use secondary armament?

7. i see more BB rather than CA in high tier, is that true? i see a lot of BB one shot the CA most of the time.

9. is that true most of BB captain took "fire prevention" skill? my DB hit 2~3 but NO FIRE!

10. is DD still the main threat of the fleet? i see the BB i more terrifying because dat few shot kill!

11. or abandon the high tier and start playing USN CV from below :V ? 

1. Decent yeah. No problem for T8. T9 would usually be just a 1min wait. T10 pop is low and will require quite a few minutes

2. It's not YOLO as there's nothing you can do in cyclone other than close the distance or wait for the enemy. You can only see them when they're 8km from you.

3. Yes

5. They have a harder time dodging but have a better time shooting them down.

6. They don't. Even the Germans have to find good opportunities due to torps hurting real bad.

7. Both populations are healthy at high tier. It's usually a toss up which class is more prevalent.

8. Neither. It's the one that balances both.

9. That's a depends. As for not getting fires, it's because the higher the tier, the LESS LIKELY they are to be set on fire. It's an inherent ship modifier. For example: a T10 like Yamato reduces your fire chance by half inherently.

10. DDs because they control the flow of both the fleets and the objectives. BBs can't kill what they can't see.

11. Depends on you if you would like to try USN CVs. Tip is to at least experience high tiers for yourself and make a decision from there.

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,776 battles

CV population at T10 is very low... as to why, you will find out when you get into battle (hint: divisions and unicums).

Hint: finish all DDs before cyclone come

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,976 battles

Hint: finish all DDs before cyclone come

Hard to do that when the DD always has DFAA and a MInotaur friend.

hint:you either fish or get fished

I got fished yesterday. Should have not clicked battle in solo Hakuryu (instant match, enemy unicum Midway mino fletcher). Our only DD and tirp AFK'ed. GGWP.

307 posts
6,410 battles

What u need to do is. As a CV. u always hunt down "Balanced" IJN DDs. They are easy to kill. Their AA are like ppl firing Arrows to ur planes :D

More like Mud Cakes   :nerv_fish:  been there :panic_fish:

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

Hard to do that when the DD always has DFAA and a MInotaur friend.

I got fished yesterday. Should have not clicked battle in solo Hakuryu (instant match, enemy unicum Midway mino fletcher). Our only DD and tirp AFK'ed. GGWP.

there's a reason i keep a full AA specked Minotaur around you know = =

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

no, CA/CL/BB population is very balanced:trollface: at high tiers here in asia, 20/20/30 imho

the ones what you see dodging shells, providing close fire support and knows when to GTFO and not yolo and die

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,297 battles

1. T8 is somewat decent, but at times u might wait for a match. 

2. U dun have a choice as cyclone reduces your spotting range to 8KM 

3. Think so

5. TB's are harder to dodge in high tiers due to abysmal rudder shift time for BB's but as others mentioned, they can shoot down more planes 

6. Dependant on situation, but mostly prefer to stay as far as possible (pun intended) 
7. Both are alright at high tiers, CA's will very often get one-shotted if u have a good rng + he is showing full broadside.
8. BB's with good division mates 

9. Dependant on how u adjust ur playstyle, some will take, some won't 
10. DD's will always be dangerous in high tiers, As Suzy said, u can't shoot what u can't see
11. Ur call 

P.S - The only nightmare as a CV player is run into fishing divisions 
(Not so sure about Shoukaku but at times our division will run into Unicum Taihou, Hakuryu's from other clans because we Q with a CV ourselves :trollface:

Edited by AkaNoPoi

Sign in to follow this