Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Terror_killer

Again, I beg your pardon.

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
19 posts
14,119 battles

belfast  have both spear(RADER) and shield(SMOKE).

get  rid  of the  smoke  otherwise  get rid  of  the  rader.

ohrer  ships with  smoke  does not  rader  have  it....!!

ohrer  ships with  rader  does not   smoke    have  it....!!

Look  at the British ship XP statistics

especially MORE than  7  tier

And then we can figure it out

British ship riders  says OP

Please make sure you correct yourself next time!!!!!!.

Edited by Terror_killer

980 posts
12,617 battles

belfast  have both spear(RADER) and shield(SMOKE).

get  rid  of the  smoke  otherwise  get rid  of  the  rader.

ohrer  ships with  smoke  does not  rader  have  it....!!

ohrer  ships with  rader  does not   smoke    have  it....!!

Look  at the British ship XP statistics

especially MORE than  7  tier

And then we can figure it out

British ship riders  says OP

Please make sure you correct yourself next time!!!!!!.

Step 1: Ask nearby destroyer to fire torpedoes into smoke. 

Step 2: Wait for Belfast to leave smoke. 

Step 3: Ask nearby battleship to fire guns at Belfast 

Step 4: Enemy Belfast becomes submarine. 

1,105 posts

They Should nerf ship AA inside the smoke by 75%. so CV can rekt em easily, i hate belfast since it have strongest AA -_- . i tought it was DD, until all my plane got destroyed.

Step 1: Ask BB into ramming to smoke

i will do it!

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

Yet another less than convincing Belfast rant.

Apply OP's reason why Belfast is OP on other T7 cruisers

>Myoko should be nerfed. She has better firepower than T9 Ibuki. Also she has 25mm+ midsection, which can troll AP 356mm and below.

>Yorck should be nerfed. She has the same torp as T10 and the biggest guns of the entire line. She also has 25mm midsection and a main belt+slope deck armor layout.

>Pensacola needs a nerf too. She gets the most gun count among all US heavy cruisers with great ballistics and shell speed. She also is the most concealing heavy cruiser of T7 with decent maneuverability.

If I were the wargaming balancing team, I'll need more than that to convince me to nerf a ship.

455 posts
8,038 battles

@_Halcyon you got a point there but I still think Belfast is imbalanced. Now if it was a t8 ship with all those features and even better stats I wouldn't mind. But it's t7, which regularly meets t5. You can't really expect low tier new players to be able to deal with something that can see you through smoke but you can't see it. In ranked it basically denies your team a cap whenever it's radar is up.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Problems about Belfast is the smoke + radar hydro combo HE spammer ggez burn all pew pew pew !!!

But Belfast clearly lack stopping power since there no Torpedoes so any ship with fairly high HP can just yolo Belfast :D:D:D

And we at the point many skilled players are able to shoot through smoke accurately and with spotting planes everywhere smoke no longer save place to stay still and pew pew pew.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

@_Halcyon you got a point there but I still think Belfast is imbalanced. Now if it was a t8 ship with all those features and even better stats I wouldn't mind. But it's t7, which regularly meets t5. You can't really expect low tier new players to be able to deal with something that can see you through smoke but you can't see it. In ranked it basically denies your team a cap whenever it's radar is up.

I didn't say it's balanced or sth. OP didn't present a valid reason why Belfast is OP. Belfast get a whole set of tools to hunt DD and is the only cruiser in T7 to be able to hunt DD alone.

>12*152mm guns

>8.7km concealment with 8.5km radar, meaning you are guaranteed to find something if you pop radar a few seconds after you get detected.

>hydro and decent maneuverability means usually you won't worry about torpedoes

And hunting DD is really valuable contribution to the whole battle.

Radar+concealment slot is the problem, not radar+smoke.

Edited by _Halcyon

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Radar+concealment slot is the problem

Then Baltimore and Des moines and any Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur equipped with radar will also be problem
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

Then Baltimore and Des moines and any Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur equipped with radar will also be problem

Belfast is actually not all that fragile at T7 tho.(my Belfast was always a full rudder setup in random and I can usually troll the buttersheeps no problem*. Stopped playing her after I got her WR back to 70%.) And usually the buttersheeps Belfast meet aren't having enough awareness to concentrate upon her.

*Except New York tho, much OP buttersheeeeep she is. Citadelling me in wierd angles if I do any maneuver, but gets straddle if I keep course and speed.

Edited by _Halcyon

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Belfast is actually not all that fragile at T7 tho.(my Belfast was always a full rudder setup in random and I can usually troll the buttersheeps no problem*. Stopped playing her after I got her WR back to 70%.) And usually the buttersheeps Belfast meet aren't having enough awareness to concentrate upon her.

*Except New York tho, much OP buttersheeeeep she is. Citadelling me in wierd angles if I do any maneuver, but gets straddle if I keep course and speed.

Thats why Radar+concealment slot is not the problem, other stats should be taking into account..

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

they dont have smoke+radar

Read my replay...

Problems about Belfast is the smoke + radar hydro combo HE spammer ggez burn all pew pew pew !!!

But Belfast clearly lack stopping power since there no Torpedoes so any ship with fairly high HP can just yolo Belfast :D:D:D

And we at the point many skilled players are able to shoot through smoke accurately and with spotting planes everywhere smoke no longer save place to stay still and pew pew pew.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

Step 4: Enemy Belfast becomes submarine. 

Or a place where new corals may grow.

It's rare to see a Belfast near enough to charge with my BBs/CAs. And at late game where everyone is hovering at less than 10k hp, Being burned can be fatal.

I have yet to try shooting Belfasts in smoke with the help of spotter plane. After seeing Flamu's video about it, I knew I just have to try it! :tea_cap:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It's rare to see a Belfast near enough to charge with my BBs/CAs. And at late game where everyone is hovering at less than 10k hp, Being burned can be fatal.

me do it a lot with Sims and Gneisenau :D:D:D

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

me do it a lot with Sims and Gneisenau :D:D:D

Well, that's not a bad thing to do in a Gneisenau, to charge, with all those fireworks it has. That's not a bad tactic.

Unlike that one Ranked game where I had a Gneisenau tried to be a Nagato and shoot from afar and stay there despite my Nagato and my team's CAs/DDs were being squashed by the enemy team. :angry: 

Edited by EJL

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well, that's not a bad thing to do in a Gneisenau, to charge, with all those fireworks it has. That's not a bad tactic.

Unlike that one Ranked game where I had a Gneisenau tried to be a Nagato and shoot from afar and stay there despite my Nagato and my team's CAs/DDs were being squashed by the enemy team. :angry: 

Because melon cant hit shit, melon have to get close and personal !!!! 

Someone smoke 1 o clock!

He shot out of smoke!

Fire! *Bang! bang!*

Direct hit citadel hit!

*we sank the enemy cruiser!!*

OP Onlinegamer [DS] member !!!

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Read my replay...

snip

when you say belfast lacks stopping power, and players being able to bind snipe belfasts in smoke,  im pretty sure you refer to rank, that's about the only place you see someone in a BB trying to yolo a belfast(anyone else trying is pretty much dead meat) im talking about the situation in randoms

as belfast is a T7, she meets T5 ships all the time, do you honestly expect anyone who isnt sealclubbing at T7 to know how to yolo a  belfast in smoke or bindfire into smoke? actually, no, do you actually expect anyone at that tier range to be competent enough to not run away from a smoke puff?

i will be the first to agree that the belfast isnt too hard to counter, but that's only if you know what you are doing and have the support of the team, the problem is at the level she usually plays at, no one knows how to counter

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i will be the first to agree that the belfast isnt too hard to counter, but that's only if you know what you are doing and have the support of the team, the problem is at the level she usually plays at, no one knows how to counter

As same as Belfast player who have no idea what they doing smoke at full speed and stop in open sea or use radar uselessly while thinking he can bounce DDs AP :D:D:D

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

As same as Belfast player who have no idea what they doing smoke at full speed and stop in open sea or use radar uselessly while thinking he can bounce DDs AP :D:D:D

thats the same as saying

"yamato's 460 guns isnt OP bad becasue i cant hit anything from 26km"

"GK's armor isnt OP because i still take 10+ when broadsideing"

"zao isnt OP because many people playing it is stupid"

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

We all know Belfast is OP It is either the Radar with smoke or like some say the extra module slot and that is the end of it.. and It now depends upon WG to decide either to keep on selling it to break the game even more or Stop sales of it which WG is only capable of because they cannot nerf it because they cannot face legal issues...

WG just keeps on doing same mistake over and over again with the premium ships.. and is getting to a point where they really Intentionally doing these things to make profit.. but hey it is their game they can do whatever they want.. 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

We all know Belfast is OP It is either the Radar with smoke or like some say the extra module slot and that is the end of it.. and It now depends upon WG to decide either to keep on selling it to break the game even more or Stop sales of it which WG is only capable of because they cannot nerf it because they cannot face legal issues...

WG just keeps on doing same mistake over and over again with the premium ships.. and is getting to a point where they really Intentionally doing these things to make profit.. but hey it is their game they can do whatever they want.. 

you really think they dont know what they are doing?

remember the rank packages that came out the same day as rank?

Belfast, Atlanta,sims, Leningrad,  all totally not perfect for rank, 10/10

Sign in to follow this