You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

CV Rework : What do you want to see?

39 comments in this topic

1,199 posts
3,263 battles

well... CV is for potato actually.....

what will happen if SUPER UNICUM PLAY CV? RIP surface sheep

A super unicum can rekt any ship with any ship. not just CV

You may be good at using overpowered CV. Play USN CV and your stats will drop significantly. If you believe that CV are overpowered, go play the Independence and Ranger.

You doing well in IJN CV is just like a random guy doing well in the Belfast. It doesn't mean anything since IJN CV are overpowered

Edited by silenthunter19944

1,145 posts

no, not in every sheep.  The KM CA for example, even a unicum player will be struggle playing it.....

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4183734064,Nurnberg/?order=average_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

highest average damage = 64K

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4285511376,Ryujo/?order=average_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

highest average damage = 117K

nah, see it right?

and obviously, CV can counter almost every sheep.... even with high AA!

that is why people keep complaining about removing CV, because they got potato CV in team.

[LBAS]
Modder
5,635 posts
33,501 battles

add CIWS to iowa and montana, problem of CV solved

plus ships: Executor, Mon Calamari cruiser, Nebulon-B frigate, X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing,V-Wing, Snow speeder, Tie fighter, Tie Bomber, Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender...

plus commanders: Darth Vader, Yoda, Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Sidious, Luke - Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Bane

:teethhappy:

[LNA]
1,969 posts
12,290 battles

no, DB can scout too! adding scouter will eat hangar  and didnt do any good

The current state of the game makes many IJN CV use DB as expendable scouts which is wrong. DB while may not cause alot of damage or DoT is a very useful jack of all trades be it damage or scout or bait. Having dedicated scout squad free DB , FT to dedicate themselves to do their job and prevent the annoying fly over head perma spot. FT , DB in this game spend time eating potato chips more than actually doing something for the team.

Nerfing all plane vision and add scout plane squad will make deployment require much more thinking , as feints and raids become a very real issue. It will also increase the skill ceiling of the tactical element in CV play instead of the "send plane everywhere to nest scout point" , it will vastly reduce strategic power of CV while increase tactical utility of CV.

I am not supportive of the game meta of using DB as scouts instead of support damage dealer. Forcing cv to risk more to scout is a good thing instead of hanging outside AA umbrella to permaspot and it will make CV much more of a mind game of where scouting is needed.

Hakuryuu with 422 is just retardproof with all those planes flying around that will light up the whole enemy team

1,145 posts

Nerfing all plane vision and add scout plane squad will make deployment require much more thinking 

i can be agree if scouter have farther line of sight. but nerfing the vision of standart plane would make enemy CV attack more harder to anticipate. 

scouter wont usefull so much since there is spotting plane already on other ship. beside, the scouter will die easily by enemy AA if they meet the USN sheep. andmore problem..... MORE MULTITASKING for CV! HELL NO!

2/3/3 in hakuryu already eat 9 squadron....

btw, why dont make the catapult fighter or spotting plane becoming the scouter plane? the player can direct the plane to anywhere but there is a duration and maximum range it can go.

it will make the surface ship with planes more usefull...

oh..... forget it.... RIP DD then.....

[LBAS]
2,367 posts
11,962 battles

Also add Vietnam CVs to make "Dakka" to Murican ships, the more the terrfic the more U.S Navy gets scared :trollface:

48 posts
2,983 battles

I don't know whether my opinions are not even plausible, but I give some of my opinions here. Some of them are just my wishes :)

1. Change the dive bomber's bombing mechanism from RNG-based drop to a certain position (for example, a line or a cross-shape) while limiting only 3/4 of drops can be hit for a battleship even if the drop was perfect.

2. Change the torpedo bomber's suppressed bombing(spreading) mechanism from a wide fan-shape drop into a (non-suppressed) rectangular-shape drop but making each of torpedoes to head different random directions(+-30 degrees from its heading).

3. Change US carriers to have the same number of squadrons and the same number of planes in a squadron to that of IJN carriers or vice versa.

4. Change US carriers to have at least one torpedo bomber squadron for air superiority loadout.

5. Add recon planes to US air superiority loadout which have longer detecting range.

6. Make dive bombers do deal more damage directly, not by fires (or add AP shells for dive bombers).

7. Add a new ability for fighters to fire at an enemy ship while making the fighters more vulnerable to AA.

8. Add more torpedo bomber squadrons while making the torpedo bombers more vulnerable to AA.

I think the current zero-range drop is not even realistic, but it is the only effective way to attack because of the accuracy. This is because the enemy ships can easily avoid the torpedoes when they are coming from a long distance. I want to change this mechanism to be more realistic. I want torpedo bombers drop their torpedoes far away from enemy ships which I say more realistic. For a compensation, CVs should have the more squadrons to make another shot at a predicted position.

(Yes, this is just my wish, definitely)

1,199 posts
3,263 battles

no, not in every sheep.  The KM CA for example, even a unicum player will be struggle playing it.....

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4183734064,Nurnberg/?order=average_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

highest average damage = 64K

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4285511376,Ryujo/?order=average_damage_dealt__desc#leaderboard

highest average damage = 117K

nah, see it right?

and obviously, CV can counter almost every sheep.... even with high AA!

that is why people keep complaining about removing CV, because they got potato CV in team.

eh... That's highest damage. Not highest average damage. Besides why are you comparing the most overpowered and skill-less CV in the game to the most under powered ship of that tier.

Anyway

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4285511376,Ryujo/?order=battles__desc#leaderboard

Average damage: 36493

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4259264496,New-Mexico/?order=win_rate__desc#leaderboard

Average damage: 45048

So...? Ryujo not so mighty anymore ?

Personal experience wise. CV game play, for most people is stressful for most people until they have about 150-200 games in CV as the learning curve is hard at first but then plateau over time (minus IJN CV Shokaku, Taiho, Hakuryu their learning curve go up even more) You are only looking at the top results and that's only half of the story. You also have to look at the bottom end of the score board. 

1,145 posts

eh... That's highest damage. Not highest average damage. Besides why are you comparing the most overpowered and skill-less CV in the game to the most under powered ship of that tier.

btw its not highest damage, BUT "highest average damage". you said this :

so i compare 2 different sheep. can a unicum did the same result in IJN CV with the worst sheep KM CA?

Personal experience wise. CV game play, for most people is stressful for most people until they have about 150-200 games in CV as the learning curve is hard at first but then plateau over time (minus IJN CV Shokaku, Taiho, Hakuryu their learning curve go up even more) You are only looking at the top results and that's only half of the story. You also have to look at the bottom end of the score board. 

well, playing CV is the most easy actually. the problem is the seal clubber at tier 4~5, they always try to snipe you. i remember i got sniped 2 times in zuiho, and after that i never got sniped again until in Hiryuu 4 days ago... thanks to lag and late loading -_-

btw, why playing CV is stressfull? just scout DD, obliterate the most dangerous sheep, and defend the fleet.

CV is da strongest support class, not a carry who deal highest damage :V

aaand playing support is more easier than become carry

[TDA]
169 posts
9,721 battles

Just to add a popular RTS mechanism when responding to your units being attacked, should be able to press a key, i.e. spacebar to instantly select that unit and map centre it.  For example when you get the vocal prompts your planes are under attack or your ship is under attack you should have the option to do this.  Will only respond to latest message. 

[LEAK]
563 posts
4,686 battles

No. There's a reason why CV is called the ultimate carry machine.

In a CV you can :

- Select any non DFAA ship(except Minotaur/Neptune) that you want to delete instantaneously.

- Select any DD that you want to screw up or even rendered it completely useless.

- Spot any ship that's desperately trying to disengage or sneaking up on something.

On a BB (except Missouri), if a DD is stealth capping what can you do? Nothing.

On a DD, when a good CA tries to sneak up and radar you, what can you do? Nothing. Just run away.

On a CA, if a BB is pushing and you're running out of room what can you do? Nothing.

On a CV, a DD is stealth capping? Spot him first, let your team wrecks him, and if that's not enough, cross drop him to death.

On a CV, a CA is trying to sneak up? Lol. On a CV game, your concealment means close to nothing.

On a CV, a BB is pushing? Lol let me just bomb you and set 2-3 fires. Repaired it? How cute! Let me torp you for the flooding. Which gets a damage buff recently.