You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
StabbyCrab

Matchmaker balancing Radar ships

4 comments in this topic

15 posts
8,418 battles

Is it possible someone seriously considers balancing Radar based ships like they do CV's?

It is lethal to any Domination based game in random or ranked with there is unequal amounts of radar. In Ranked it is so common to see Atlanta's and Belfasts on one side that the outcome is almost guaranteed at the start.

Really you need to look at this as now there is no point taking Schors, Myoko, Pensacola into Ranked as you almost guarantee the other side has an advantage.

Basically you are dooming these ships never to be played after R10.

In Randoms - the problem is compounded with new players who just do not understand the mechanic and get blasted early on. DD is stressful enough without never been able to cap due to the Belfast imbalance.

Have seen a few games where there were 4 x Belfast on one side and 1 on the other. Just ludicrous.

Edited by StabbyCrab

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Ship fits are not taken into account for match making, not us player skill or captain skills,

Each ship carries a assigned weight, games are balanced by weight of teams, so luck of the draw what teams you get

15 posts
8,418 battles

What is the most constructive way to encourage a rethink about Radar fitted ships?

T5 ships coming up against premium T7 radar is just non-sensical. 

Quite frankly, it is ruining the game experience and I can see why some people are leaving and finding fun elsewhere.

Edited by StabbyCrab

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,387 battles

Unfortunately I don't agree with you, I understand what you are saying re the balance of radar ships within a game and agree there is some merit in what you say there 4 on 1 side vs 1 on the other does make the game hard and that's when the bb's need to tank.

2 things I believe you have overlooked here

1/ almost all radar ships have very weak armour and are easy kills to other cruisers and bb's from range close enough to use their radar this is a very big counterbalance to the advantage of radar

2/ prior to radar and hydro dd's pretty much ruled the games who ever won the dd battle usually won the game, stealth torping was prevalent now we have dd's that are scared of cruisers and cruisers that are scared of bb's a in my opinion a much more balanced and realistic game that promotes team play between the ship class's

if you have been playing ranked you will notice a huge change in game style this season and a lot of it is to do with being patient and working as a team as opposed to the old seasons where a unicom player in a dd would often carry the team