You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

Do you think there's too much smoke in game right now?

60 members have voted

1. 1. do you think there's too much smoke in game right now?

• Yes
    • No

19 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

I ... don't know if it just my imagination but, these day when I'm playing mid-match

everywhere I look, there's smoke

be it DD smoke or CA smoke or even friendly smoke

smoke work both way, if one pop up but no one stay in front of smoke, it's gonna blind the whole flank

as a BB I can't shoot a thing =w='a 

and BB like me are spotted so far that all camper can fire to farm fire damage

some may says it can be counter with torpedoes and radar, but I (IJNBB) have non of those

and there's when my team DD go out and try to torp (F3 torp) into smoke he got radar-ed and kill almost instantly

all I can do is run away from smoke since it's almost guarantee to be 'Iron fish' swim out of it.

even so I'm still got spotted by enemy on other side of map and camper can happily farm fire damage at me

even when i'm playing IJNDD, 

when I see smoke, I feel like to torp in, but a skilled smoker/camper know what to expect and don't fall for that often

instead of randomly launch 2 min reload torpedo in smoke, I still want to save it for other chance...

and ... yeah 

IMO

currently in game, there's too much smoke..... I'm feel like choking =w=

what do you guys think?

Edited by PGM991

1,493 posts

Yes yes yes yes yes...

Far too much smoke, it was bad enough with the DDs having it, but now the British cruisers have it too ! 

& it seems the smoking ships have a quick recharge, so there's smoke smoke smoke

I thought that if you get close to ships like 2-3 I'll away, you could see them, smoke or no... But I haven't found this to be true... Got killed yesterday in my limit, should've seen the DD but eng was against me, it's total crap.

Makes me target the British cruisers first...

Smoking is always bad for your health.

Ordrazz

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

Honestly I'm surprised there hadn't been a BB with smoke already...

there should be one by now

didn't tirpitz  smoke itself once to get away

didn't remember where i read it

i'm fed up with this amount of smoke in the game already, especially ranked 

Edited by blacknoheart

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I think it is ok. You can't just smoke and be safe. You can't see out of smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if smoke has had a greater positive affect on teamwork than any other facet of the game.

I light an incense stick before the game so that when I'm sitting in smoke it has a calming effect :D

18 posts
1,238 battles

I love smoke, as a BB player. Only campers will hate smoke when nobody spot for them. Most of the time I am at front line, even ahead friendly CAs, this is how the BB designed and its purpose.

Only to tank smart, find the balance of aggressive but not over-aggressive, WSAD the way and don't show broadside.

I always sail toward enemy's smoke to eat DDs, this way they always escape out of their smoke like rats seeing cat.

WSAD hack out their torps (I use US BB, Turning Circle Radius not that large, torp reduce % ok, eat 1 or 2 torps close won't hurt).

Also increasingly seeing friendly DD smoke the front line BB like me, love those DD players:honoring:.

Smoke is great.

S8o3UWR.jpg

307 posts
6,413 battles

I do agree, People who complain about Smoke tend to be people who shoot from Range or Snipers....However ships that do not have the ability to Snipe from range need other ways to protect themselves.... besides plenty of ships have ability to detect via radar these days which makes the argument mute at best.... unless your a sniper of course then your so far away that these tools are useless to you.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

440 posts
3,379 battles

Yeah there has been quite a rise on the number of smokes in battles, but it is fun to charge towards it, especially when it's a lone DD :trollface:, and I don't know why but I feel like the amount of it in the map can actually be used for good and not just something annoying (yes I know it sounds stupid).

892 posts
7,853 battles

Smoke is good! Smoke is life!! .... until I launch my torps in a nicely spaced spread when I know there will be lots of ships in the smoke. With torp reload boost, I've managed to get quite a few doubles

435 posts
6,169 battles

Balancing is endless, for smoke it is what it is, to balance the ships deploying smoke.

But it should be to balance ships for defensive reasons and not for offensive ones.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

right now, we shoot and torps at smoke and 'empty-insivible-sea-that-can-shoot' more often than I shoot and torps at visible target

how is that fun?!

and the enemy team with the sole buyfast troll us all and kill 6 ships without us seeing him

how is  that fun?!

but what do I know, I'm just a noob patato 

1,126 posts

right now, we shoot and torps at smoke and 'empty-insivible-sea-that-can-shoot' more often than I shoot and torps at visible target

actually, when I'm playing IJNDD, I rater keep my torp for visible target =w=

I leave smoke torping to CA and other nation DD 

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

You shouldnt keep torps like that. You can usually fling torps further than others and your large detection torps are lethal to ships who are stopping or close to 0 knots due to its fast speed negating acceleration to escape.

Also smoke conceal your torp firing position allow you to suprise or force a retreat to those in and behind smoke making pushing far easier.

Smart players will leave smoke once deployed , but many gunboats like to invifire from smoke allowing you to break their formation and cause disorder which is very important on a passive server meta as it will cause many "safety 1st jerk" to give you an ez win

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

i kept my torps too sometimes

but usually I spread 1 set and kept another if I felt like need it urgently

but always spam torps especially ijn DD