Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

German BB FCS

15 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

When I first got Gneisenau, I instantly upgraded her hull with free xp but left her FCS stock for me to grind and I had terrible games in it and the shots were awfully misplaced. In fact, my average win rate at that time was at around 40% and around 25k damage, so I thought, yeah, I will just grind my way through to get Bismarck and sell this ship. But after I got the FCS upgraded, suddenly my shots were actually hitting, dispersion was quite good for a German BB, and my win rate and average damage went up. I liked Gnei so much I decided to keep her.

Now I got Bismarck, and same story. Upgraded the hull ASAP, but still has the FCS stock. Took it to battle. Was 4 km on a bow-on Iowa. I targeted his front turrets to disable it. Guess what? All 4 shells go left and right off of the turrets missing it! History is repeating itself. Look at my Bismarck stats. It was hideous. Maybe it will change when I get my FCS upgraded just like what happened in my Gneisenau.

Now my question is: Does the FCS upgrade reduce the dispersion of German BBs particularly Gneisenau and Bismarck?

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles

As I play them their problem is up since the Kaiser , Konig were worst dispersion even FCS couldn't help good 

Right now I'm on Biscuit with stock hull with long-range second guns

Maybe ship speed involve the dispersion too if on full speed cause missed the target 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

When I first got Gneisenau, I instantly upgraded her hull with free xp but left her FCS stock for me to grind and I had terrible games in it and the shots were awfully misplaced. In fact, my average win rate at that time was at around 40% and around 25k damage, so I thought, yeah, I will just grind my way through to get Bismarck and sell this ship. But after I got the FCS upgraded, suddenly my shots were actually hitting, dispersion was quite good for a German BB, and my win rate and average damage went up. I liked Gnei so much I decided to keep her.

Now I got Bismarck, and same story. Upgraded the hull ASAP, but still has the FCS stock. Took it to battle. Was 4 km on a bow-on Iowa. I targeted his front turrets to disable it. Guess what? All 4 shells go left and right off of the turrets missing it! History is repeating itself. Look at my Bismarck stats. It was hideous. Maybe it will change when I get my FCS upgraded just like what happened in my Gneisenau.

Now my question is: Does the FCS upgrade reduce the dispersion of German BBs particularly Gneisenau and Bismarck?

All FCS upgrade work the same way

The increased dispersion only applies to that extra range when compared to the stock FCS

Edited by R3negade

1,496 posts

As I play them their problem is up since the Kaiser , Konig were worst dispersion even FCS couldn't help good 

Right now I'm on Biscuit with stock hull with long-range second guns

Maybe ship speed involve the dispersion too if on full speed cause missed the target 

Really?

I find konig my best ship, I find it dead easy to hit citadels & delete ships, I've worked out how to aim in it & it's marvelous..

Yes mine is fully upgraded.

I sold my Kaiser as I found it impossible to aim, even upgraded.. & I couldn't live with the turret speed...

But my konig is a monster..

Ordrazz

173 posts
5,332 battles

All FCS upgrade work the same way

The increased dispersion only applies to that extra range when compared to the stock FCS

Yep you're right. On paper, FCS does not increase the dispersion of the main guns. I just thought if someone know if there were some hidden stat that improve the accuracy of the German BB guns if I upgraded the FCS because I began to notice an improvement in my Gneisenau games after I mount that upgrade.

173 posts
5,332 battles

Practice makes perfect....

I agree. The problem is I tend to switch ships every so often for the daily win bonus so my aim is sub par compared to an average player because I have to readjust to the ballistics of the ship that I'm sailing. I'm a destroyer captain but I like battleships too, but my aim is horrible.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Ah yeah.... Well just remember the basic fact. Try to have fun.

Personally i dont care about first win anymore... Extra 50% is nothing compared when u have fun and help carry the team.

Also focus grind is more effective than grind 4 or 5 ship together.

I manage to get 148.000 exp of trashcan in a week. I wont be able to do that if i dont focus on her. So i think its better for u to focus on 1 or 2 ship only.

Better result

Edited by XP_On

109 posts
5,101 battles

FCS extends the maximum range your ship can shoot to, and therefore, maximum dispersion. It doesn't have anything to do with dispersion characteristic. 

Some ships need FCS, some ships don't like the NC. NC with upgraded FCS has the longest range at tier 8, but given its bad shell velocity I think FCS is quite useless, so I use the stock FCS instead. 

German BB dispersion is naturally bad, so try to get close a bit

Edited by RepublicTrooper

Super Tester
419 posts
4,238 battles

Really?

I find konig my best ship, I find it dead easy to hit citadels & delete ships, I've worked out how to aim in it & it's marvelous..

Yes mine is fully upgraded.

I sold my Kaiser as I found it impossible to aim, even upgraded.. & I couldn't live with the turret speed...

But my konig is a monster..

Ordrazz

Meanwhile the Kaiser is my best ship .....

173 posts
5,332 battles

Ah yeah.... Well just remember the basic fact. Try to have fun.

Personally i dont care about first win anymore... Extra 50% is nothing compared when u have fun and help carry the team.

Also focus grind is more effective than grind 4 or 5 ship together.

I manage to get 148.000 exp of trashcan in a week. I wont be able to do that if i dont focus on her. So i think its better for u to focus on 1 or 2 ship only.

Better result

Took your advice and sailed my bismarck pretty good today. 6 consecutive wins plus bonus cyclone in one match for 190K damage. Seems like I'm getting the hang of it. More cyclones please. :D

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Took your advice and sailed my bismarck pretty good today. 6 consecutive wins plus bonus cyclone in one match for 190K damage. Seems like I'm getting the hang of it. More cyclones please. :D

nice.... just beware of torps in thse cyclone

Sign in to follow this