You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishthedestroyer

British cruiser guide

23 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

please, for the love of god, stop, just stop asking so many questions, what the hell did everyone say about PUTTING ALL QUESTIONS IN ONE THREAD???

and if you just started playing RNCLs then there's no way you are enjoying them, how do i know? because i ranked 6th in Fiji and 8th in Leander in asia when i grinded them, and i utterly detested the lower tier RNCLs.

i dont know why you are shitposting so much here, and i frankly dont care anymore, please stop trolling for the sanity of the other forumites

980 posts
12,617 battles

Alright Nish, here is a guide to how to play a Royal Navy Cruiser. I am hands down one of the best RN cruiser players around, so this is probably the best info you'll find around here. Make sure you keep the below guidance in the back of your mind every time you play:

1. In terms of consumables, instead of smoke (which is very cliche, everybody uses it, its overrated), opt to use the spotting aircraft/fighter aircraft instead. In addition to hydroacoustic, your plane will provide you with additional warning of incoming torpedoes - RN cruiser or not, it is a good ability to have. You can also fight off enemy dive bombers and torpedo bombers with the plane - RN cruisers don't have AA that good. 

2. Royal Navy cruisers accelerate very fast. You might have noticed in some of my other posts, Royal Navy cruisers also use islands a lot. In maps where there are islands, the best use of this ability is in conjunction with torpedoes against enemy battleships. Wait behind an island for an enemy battleship to sail past, then quickly pop out from the island about 6-8km away (this distance is very important - see next), and fire your torpedoes at it. Remember, you are fast - after you've fired your torpedoes, remain broadside to the battleship. The battleship player will be deceived, thinking you are easy prey, and shoot at you, but use your speed and great rudder shift to dodge the incoming battleship shells. My teammates always appreciate me doing this for them because I draw fire from the enemy this way. 

3. Destroyers HATE RN cruisers. This makes your ship a tremendous asset when assisting the capture of bases. For best results, in a domination match, proceed to a base on your own. Do not use smoke, or try to conceal yourself in any way. The very presence of an RN cruiser (whichever one you're driving) is enough to scare away any DDs from approaching the base such that you will take the base without much enemy resistance. You can easily take on multiple destroyers at once. 

4. RN cruisers are unique in that they have the heal consumable - like battleships. And you should know by now - it is a battleship's role to tank damage during a game for their teammates, especially other cruisers and destroyers. With the heal consumable, you have the ability to do this too - if you see a teammate in trouble, help them tank the damage - after all, your heal consumable will get you back into fighting health in no time. So put yourself between you and a stranded teammate, fire your guns, let your presence be known, and more importantly, stay broadside to the enemy because that is the way you draw their attention away from your teammate. 

5. CV hunting - as above, RN cruisers are fast and have torpedoes. PERFECT for hunting enemy CVs. A very widely-used tactic for RN Cruisers is to maximise their concealment and move around the edge of the map in the battle. Eventually, the aim is to get to the other side and sneak up on and sink the enemy CV. Other than destroyers, your RN cruiser is perfectly equipped for this role. 

6. Lastly - in following the advice above, there is a bit of a learning curve with these skills. If your teammates msg you calling you unpleasant things, ignore them, and keep going - after all, practice makes perfect. In no time, you'll be better than me at RN cruisers!!

That's it for now - let us know how you go! Happy to write some more guides for you. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,496 posts

British cruisers have heal ????

What a cheat !

So, they have heal, smoke, single aiming torpedos, high speed acceleration, spotter planes...

Do they have kitchen sinks too????

:angry:

Ordrazz

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

British cruisers have heal ????

What a cheat !

So, they have heal, smoke, single aiming torpedos, high speed acceleration, spotter planes...

Do they have kitchen sinks too????

:angry:

Ordrazz

don't forget the kettle and rum barrel - gotta have a cuppa laced with rum ;)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,848 posts
4,140 battles

Sorry guys but I don't know how to put them into one thread

If I knew I would have don't it

Nish.  Its as simple as sending a mod a PM and ask them to consolidate ALL your threads into one "Tell me how to play and what are the best ships" thread.  Then just post in that one after you use the search function to see if there is already an answer in the forums for you.  Don't keep starting one liner threads.

Lords guide is pretty funny however I reckon you may not get the humour so just search for proper guides.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this advice to make your forum participation long and memorable for the right reasons, rather than the reasons you are getting a reputation for at the moment.

I also agree that you haven't really played the RNCL line if you are enjoying them.  They are hands down the absolutely most horrible ships to use until you get to T6 and above. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

RN also can torpedo beat easily. And if enemy shoot torps at you, that mean your teammates is save from that salvo..

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

1. In terms of consumables, instead of smoke (which is very cliche, everybody uses it, its overrated), opt to use the spotting aircraft/fighter aircraft instead. In addition to hydroacoustic, your plane will provide you with additional warning of incoming torpedoes - RN cruiser or not, it is a good ability to have. You can also fight off enemy dive bombers and torpedo bombers with the plane - RN cruisers don't have AA that good.

For the record, i rarely got hit by torp or getting swamped by planes so i get smoke to induce salt onto enemies :D

307 posts
6,414 battles

For the record, i rarely got hit by torp or getting swamped by planes so i get smoke to induce salt onto enemies :D

I think based on the versatility of RNCL's the radar would be to HUNT DD's not dodge Torps.... IMHO.