Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

why the hell has no one thought to nerf the fiji yet?

27 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

the fiji is a beast, it's got stellar torp arcs, the same armament as the T8 RNCL one tier lower, the lowest non prem detection range, below water citadels, heals, that stupidly good speed and rudder shift all RNCLs have, and let's not forget the somewhat decent AA

and to make matter worse, there are very few ships that can counter fiji in T7(only the belfast actually) and so fiji is pretty much free to run around and hunt DDs, CAs and BBs, this ship IMHO is even BETTER then belfast because a random BB shell wont generally take out 50% of your HP(underwater citadel lol) and even if i does you can still heal back, hell im taking out belfasts with the fiji in rank like a champ and they cant generally do anything about it

shot-17.02.26_17.15.44-0423.jpg

shot-17.02.19_17.28.12-0855.jpg

shot-17.02.19_09.20.13-0523.jpgshot-17.02.19_09.20.09-0140.jpg

shot-17.02.26_17.15.44-0423.jpg

shot-17.02.19_17.28.12-0855.jpg

shot-17.02.19_09.20.09-0140.jpg

shot-17.02.19_09.20.13-0523.jpg

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

the fiji is a beast, it's got stellar torp arcs, the same armament as the T8 RNCL one tier lower, the lowest non prem detection range, below water citadels, heals, that stupidly good speed and rudder shift all RNCLs have, and let's not forget the somewhat decent AA

>only the guns are the same. I always wanted Edinburgh's 10km torps when I was grinding Fiji

>the armor layout of Fiji and Belfast is basically the same. Belfast has thicker armor on some area but no practical difference. Fiji is shorter though. Both ship have only a bit of citadel exposed above water.

>acceleration and turning radius, yes. But not rudder shift time. British cruisers aren't good at that. But generally the maneuverability is excellent.

Yup Fiji is an amazing ship. The best fun I've ever had on a British cruiser. I also liked her more than Belfast.

I guess it's Belfast taking away all the hate off Fiji.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

>only the guns are the same. I always wanted Edinburgh's 10km torps when I was grinding Fiji

>the armor layout of Fiji and Belfast is basically the same. Belfast has thicker armor on some area but no practical difference. Fiji is shorter though. Both ship have only a bit of citadel exposed above water.

>acceleration and turning radius, yes. But not rudder shift time. British cruisers aren't good at that. But generally the maneuverability is excellent.

Yup Fiji is an amazing ship. The best fun I've ever had on a British cruiser. I also liked her more than Belfast.

I guess it's Belfast taking away all the hate off Fiji.

who needs rudder shift when you have smoke?

671 posts
1,508 battles

Nerf Belfast first before even thinking about nerfing Fiji.

Nerfing Belfast isn't gonna go well for WG. People would be asking for refunds. At least change its sale time from time-to-time to never ever shuld be sold anymore.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

and to make matter worse, there are very few ships that can counter fiji in T7(only the belfast actually) and so fiji is pretty much free to run around and hunt DDs, CAs and BBs, this ship IMHO is even BETTER then belfast because a random BB shell wont generally take out 50% of your HP(underwater citadel lol) and even if i does you can still heal back, hell im taking out belfasts with the fiji in rank like a champ and they cant generally do anything about it

Right...i just took a random BB shell and it instantly took out my last 50% of my Fiji HP...and at 8km too.
Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

307 posts
6,412 battles

Right...i just took a random BB shell and it instantly took out my last 50% of my Fiji HP...and at 8km too.

The Fiji is excellent at Tier 7 or below, above it however the Shells do very little or bounce off against a decently angled ships attacking you.  The real issue with smoking is that you almost need to stop to be in the smoke, lucky it has low detection .... this allows plenty of time for BB to blow you up with one salvo.  With that in mind the Fiji is still one of the best Tier 7 ships and that makes the Edinburgh one of the worst for the same reasons as they have the same guns, plays up to tier 10 (no real impact without HE)  She is heaps bigger "Easier to detect" and easier to hit and has very little chance to stop and blow its smoke before getting sunk.
Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

1,484 posts

I target British cruisers first, they have smoke, heal, invisi fire, high acceleration, can burn you like crazy, single aiming torpedos... The whole line needs to be nerfed, so I clobber them first. Along with DDs.

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

The Fiji is excellent at Tier 7 or below, above it however the Shells do very little or bounce off against a decently angled ships attacking you.  The real issue with smoking is that you almost need to stop to be in the smoke, lucky it has low detection .... this allows plenty of time for BB to blow you up with one salvo.  With that in mind the Fiji is still one of the best Tier 7 ships and that makes the Edinburgh one of the worst for the same reasons as they have the same guns, plays up to tier 10 (no real impact without HE)  She is heaps bigger "Easier to detect" and easier to hit and has very little chance to stop and blow its smoke before getting sunk.

wut

if you see fiji's like that then you obviouly have been seeing bad RNCL gameplay

the fiji is not "easier to derect", 9.8km detection range is the best out of all T7 CA/CLs apart from the payfast

the fiji's shells only really bounces off KMBBs T6 and below and the fuso(frigging troll armor), other ships takes 3-7k per salvo that's aimed well, and stopping and smoking isnt a problem to experienced RNCL players because there are many ways to bait/avoid shells when slowing to smoke(the best one is donf get spotted before you smoke up)

307 posts
6,412 battles

wut

if you see fiji's like that then you obviouly have been seeing bad RNCL gameplay

the fiji is not "easier to derect", 9.8km detection range is the best out of all T7 CA/CLs apart from the payfast

the fiji's shells only really bounces off KMBBs T6 and below and the fuso(frigging troll armor), other ships takes 3-7k per salvo that's aimed well, and stopping and smoking isnt a problem to experienced RNCL players because there are many ways to bait/avoid shells when slowing to smoke(the best one is donf get spotted before you smoke up)

I think you misunderstood me, you need to slow down heaps earlier than you do with DD's .... if you fire early then slow down then smoke up ... too late.  Experienced RNCL players know this or learn from mistakes haha.  I said the Edinburgh is easier to detect due to its a bigger ship.   Picking your targets is vital with the Fiji and the same with the Edinburgh, you need them to be almost full broadside ... still weak armored ships you can get over-pens even with the Short-fused AP's .... it takes alot of games to learn how to use either of these ships well.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

I think you misunderstood me, you need to slow down heaps earlier than you do with DD's .... if you fire early then slow down then smoke up ... too late.  Experienced RNCL players know this or learn from mistakes haha.  I said the Edinburgh is easier to detect due to its a bigger ship.   Picking your targets is vital with the Fiji and the same with the Edinburgh, you need them to be almost full broadside ... still weak armored ships you can get over-pens even with the Short-fused AP's .... it takes alot of games to learn how to use either of these ships well.

yeah, they sure do, but IMHO the are the ultimate surface carry ships, a good RNCL player can easily change the tide of a battle

520 posts
11,127 battles

Lol... I remember when everyone thought the RN CL line was trash because of having no HE. Lol

FIJI is such a wonderful boat... So is its tier 6 and 8 counterpart

Edited by kultabashi

892 posts
7,853 battles

Lol... I remember when everyone thought the RN CL line was trash because of having no HE. Lol

FIJI is such a wonderful boat... So is its tier 6 and 8 counterpart

​Not having HE just makes life simple. No situations of, "I should have switched to AP/HE" to ponder/dwell on

520 posts
11,127 battles

I agree... But the Brit CL line was a surprise to all. That special AP is pretty effective....

That, smoke and repair make the RN highly valuablr

Super Tester
419 posts
4,207 battles

Emerald kind of forcing bad player to drop the line, which mean the only people who play the line in high tier mostly know what they are doing. Of course there are pay to play player, but only a fraction. Hence why the line is doing so good in stat and yet WG can't make any change because the amount of people playing them is smaller than other lines

Sign in to follow this