Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Radar on Edinburgh.

14 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I'm thinking about putting radar, instead of smoke on Edinburgh.

Edinburgh can reach 9.0km concealment, the radar is 9.0km range with 30sec duration. So if you get detected, there must be something inside your radar range. And there aren't many cruisers that can reach below 9km detection.(unlike Chapayev. Imagine Chapayev popping radar only to find a Minotaur…) So it's most likely a DD which a RN CL can rip apart in seconds.

↑pure theoretical.

Have anyone tried this? A certain unicum I know suggested this setup. But I'm certainly not as skilled as him.(during ranked season 5, he used a 155mm Mogami from R15 to R5, which I most certainly can't do. He switched to Atago to reach R1 cuz there were too many Atago)

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

if you think its worthwhile, then try it i guess, nothing wrong with trying, right? And you could always go back to smoke if you're uncomfortable with the radar gameplay

381 posts
9,957 battles

It might work if you division with a DD but won't be a good choice for solo play. The shell arc is fairly high so you need smoke to get into <12km and shoot in safety. At t8+ there are also a lot of open maps.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

I'm thinking about putting radar, instead of smoke on Edinburgh.

Edinburgh can reach 9.0km concealment, the radar is 9.0km range with 30sec duration. So if you get detected, there must be something inside your radar range. And there aren't many cruisers that can reach below 9km detection.(unlike Chapayev. Imagine Chapayev popping radar only to find a Minotaur…) So it's most likely a DD which a RN CL can rip apart in seconds.

↑pure theoretical.

Have anyone tried this? A certain unicum I know suggested this setup. But I'm certainly not as skilled as him.(during ranked season 5, he used a 155mm Mogami from R15 to R5, which I most certainly can't do. He switched to Atago to reach R1 cuz there were too many Atago)

play with a DD in div and u go radar

307 posts
6,414 battles

in randoms i found the Edinburgh to be fragile to Tier 9 and 10 BB's if you try and push up to get DD in radar, twice i have been destroyed by one salvo from a BB doing this even when i was careful and not try and show my broadside i was in C and this BB near "A" literally 17 Km/s away.  Without smoke you are very easy target to the higher Tier BB's if you move in so i changed to Smoke after these two games.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I dont think most RNCL takes radar except one RN CL.

What is it???? Its Belfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With 8km++ concealment and Radar 8km++ so you get both. Smoke and radar :P

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I dont think most RNCL takes radar except one RN CL.

What is it???? Its Belfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With 8km++ concealment and Radar 8km++ so you get both. Smoke and radar :P

I have one, for PvE only now.

I was looking for a T8 radar ship cuz my friends and I lost a few T8 games for the lack of radar in the division. But now I've just finished my Shchors grinding and got Chapayev.(BTW Shchors is real fun with IFHE)

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,037 battles

RADAR on RNCLs has a very big surprise factor, though it can backfire very quickly since you do not have smoke to rely on. Div with a competent DD player and you will give enemies the surprise of their lives.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,438 battles

I have one, for PvE only now.

I was looking for a T8 radar ship cuz my friends and I lost a few T8 games for the lack of radar in the division. But now I've just finished my Shchors grinding and got Chapayev.(BTW Shchors is real fun with IFHE)

so did you do it?!

how many times did you die?!

it could work, depending how you play it

in a division with a smoke bearer

or play em like a US Cruiser

Sign in to follow this