Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Atago

11 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

OK, so I just want to say something up front, I effing love the Atago... Best premium anything I ever bought in WoT/WoWS...

It isn't cause she does well with the credits... It's because I never feel like vsing one or playing one is 'OP' or a waste. She is simply bang for buck and fun to play.

So just wanted to say to WG - thankyou for the Atago, she has been a close friend since I picked her up just after release.

In other news, I had taken a 6-ish month hiatus due to work and Overwatch, yes I'm back for at least a bit.

WTF has happened to pen/armour... Basically you can get cita'd etc from really silly angles now. Not to mention the HE pens, my gawd...
Previous system wasn't really broken, it felt like there was a few silly pens and some that should but didn't work but IMO it was 150% better than the way things are now.

My guess is there was some sort of patch to do with armour/round mechanics and they've overdone it a fair bit. Hopefully the current state of play isn't what they intended with whatever changes happened...

341 posts
4,039 battles

I earned Takao through the ARP event. First battle, easy 40k damage game... Then I got devastating striked for 24K through the main belt while showing a 60 degree or so angle to the offending Amagi, and manuvering, while kiting away. Took about 2 games to notice that idiotic citaLELs are normal...

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

Nah I understand and agree that citas from silly angles happen - I've just found that compared to last time I played decently (~7-8months ago) pens (in particular - pens not citas) at certain angles seem to be much higher...

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

I have had numerous weird cits on Atago:

Straight bow on Atago, Myoko AP, citadel

Straight stern on Atago, Zao AP, citadel

10 degrees from bow on Atago, Russian 152mm AP from Shchors, citadel

What is wrong with the armour of this ship....

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I have had numerous weird cits on Atago:

Straight bow on Atago, Myoko AP, citadel

Straight stern on Atago, Zao AP, citadel

10 degrees from bow on Atago, Russian 152mm AP from Shchors, citadel

What is wrong with the armour of this ship....

Yeah, a Torpedo hit on her rear results in a Detonation too :D

440 posts
3,380 battles

Last time I got citadel'd in her (well, Takao) from a weird angle, it was from the bow by a Montana. Everything seems normal to me, citadel from broadside and whatnot.

Edited by rouge42

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

Oh the pen mechanics I wasn't just talking Atago - I was talking in general - I play all IJN ships and I also keep all my ships...

Have upto Ibuki (got creds for Zao - saving creds for equipment)
Tier 7 DD (main line)

Tier 6 BB/CV...

Would have all 9s, but decided to focus CA line, would also have probs 10 + 8s but took an 5-8month-ish hiatus...

892 posts
7,853 battles
During your 6-months' hiatus, lots of new stuff have been introduced but the Atago is still a helluva ship to sail in..... and she now has a "twin" called the ARP Takao

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles

During your 6-months' hiatus, lots of new stuff have been introduced but the Atago is still a helluva ship to sail in..... and she now has a "twin" called the ARP Takao

Yeah noticed that - thought at first that she was a Mogami spin, kinda annoyed I didn't pick her up... Only missed a couple of ARPs, but it's a bit like pokemon for me (with the non-buy ships) - gotta catch em all...

892 posts
7,853 battles

Yeah noticed that - thought at first that she was a Mogami spin, kinda annoyed I didn't pick her up... Only missed a couple of ARPs, but it's a bit like pokemon for me (with the non-buy ships) - gotta catch em all...

​My ARP ships are all rusting in port. Too bad we can't sell em

Sign in to follow this