You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Still loosing stars at rank 11

11 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles

I have finished on top of a loosing team in ranked battles at level 11 twice yet have still lost a star, is this the norm?

I reached rank 10 with PepsiCola and no motivation to continue:popcorn:

753 posts
8,965 battles

I reached rank 10 with PepsiCola and no motivation to continue:popcorn:

Yeah I must agree, the frustration coupled with the meager rewards and lack of irrevocable stages after this stage will see me stop playing this mode.

After a random battle where it shows players actual ranks speaks volumes as to how many actually bother to play this mode. 

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,653 battles

Yeah I must agree, the frustration coupled with the meager rewards and lack of irrevocable stages after this stage will see me stop playing this mode.

After a random battle where it shows players actual ranks speaks volumes as to how many actually bother to play this mode. 

the most wanted is the flag at rank 15, I think

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

No it's not the norm. If you are not multi-sheeping, and by that I mean taking another sheep into battle before the previous battle has finished, then you should post a bug report.

307 posts
6,413 battles

Well finishing on top of your team and losing does not always reflect on how well you played in a ranked game or does it?

Last night i played a game after vowing not to :nerv_fish: with 1 DD in each team, me in my Mahan and the opponents had Shiratsuyu.  Both Teams decided to goto A .... I got spotted early and had to draw all the fire and WASD my way out of the area to protect my ships .... i did not smoke up.  I manage to get around the B and found Pensacola trying to take it .... i pushed him back and took the area myself ... without smoking, i then helped to spot for the Fiji (he smoked up) who came around to help me, simply spotting and torping the corner to prevent them from pushing in.  By this stage our team was 2 Ships down and 350points behind, all seemed to be over.  Then the Shira did a fatal mistake ... he went after our Negato that was behind our lines.  After pretending to leave B by firing and running backwards .... i turned on the boost turned around and as the Scharnhorst decided to push thinking the victory is ours .... i set 2 torps into him .... then after he recovered the flooding i set him on fire .... then bolted to A ..... As i got there i saw the Myoko in bad health ... and with Fiji, our sick Myoko we sunk him then i set a group of Torps onto the Negato .....   meanwhile the Shira managed to sink his 2 ship ... our Negato ... but they had no areas and we had managed to turn 2 ships down to a ship lead in less than 5 mins.   Finally we got the last Myoko and only the Shria was left .... game over.  Shiratsuyu was the top for his team ..... but i say he cost the game for his team .... no spotting no working with his team, sure i got the top spot for my team .... but we should have never won that game.

455 posts
8,038 battles

I think WG should remove the feature where the highest xp earner in losing team gets to keep his star. Imo this leads to selfish playstyle from everyone trying to do what's best for themselves rather than doing their best to win. Not to mention that certain ships are much easier to get top xp in even with less contribution. Instead, the top xp of winning team should get 2 stars. This way everyone will tryhard, and good players will rank out even faster and maybe, just maybe ranked players will play as a team

334 posts
13,009 battles

I think WG should remove the feature where the highest xp earner in losing team gets to keep his star. Imo this leads to selfish playstyle from everyone trying to do what's best for themselves rather than doing their best to win. Not to mention that certain ships are much easier to get top xp in even with less contribution. Instead, the top xp of winning team should get 2 stars. This way everyone will tryhard, and good players will rank out even faster and maybe, just maybe ranked players will play as a team

I disagree with this if a player tries hard deals a lot of damage but still looses then it's fair they don't loose a star. Been there done that more than once. On the other hand double stars for a top ranked winner I am not so sure I tend to think it would promote selfish play with teams kill stealing that ship about to burn or flood to death and wasting a salvo better used elsewhere. Seen a lot of that as well.What a lot of people can't seem to grasp it is not the amount of ships you sink it's the amount of damage you do.

307 posts
6,413 battles

I disagree with this if a player tries hard deals a lot of damage but still looses then it's fair they don't loose a star. Been there done that more than once. On the other hand double stars for a top ranked winner I am not so sure I tend to think it would promote selfish play with teams kill stealing that ship about to burn or flood to death and wasting a salvo better used elsewhere. Seen a lot of that as well.What a lot of people can't seem to grasp it is not the amount of ships you sink it's the amount of damage you do.

Still do not know if dealing a lot of damage vs sinking sheeps works either?  If a Sheep is sunk, he cannot fire?  It does not matter either case anyway, as i pointed out a Sheep going SOLO to sink "an easy" target can cost his/her team.... with Ranked battles a DD not working with his/her team will cost them the game by not spotting TORPS/Ships coming around islands etc...  What i have learnt in Ranked games is not always how much damage you do but how you protect the rest of your flock.  Trying to get the most damage or even kills does not always get you wins as i mentioned before.  IMHO of course.