You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Soviet cruisers, need to decide when to stop

18 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

I'm thinking about giving up RN CL line and put my captain back to Fiji. As I don't usually have premium account, a ship with all four premium consumables will lose credits. And N5 guns' ballistics make me sick.

The other line I'm grinding is Soviet cruisers. I like this line, but Moskva seem boring. So I decide to stop either at Chapayev or Dimitry Donskoy. As both ship require IFHE, I can share the captain with my Mikhail Kutuzov. Which one is more enjoyable?

1,105 posts

I must say I'm slightly disappointed. I thought this was going to be a rant thread about yolos.

YOLO is de bast wai of life

I YOLO myself, so a rant about YOLO will make me seem extra stupid…

^ you did an awesome thin yesterday :V

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

What!? People actually don't wish to play the RN cruiser line? :ohmy:

I enjoyed Fiji, but probably will choose not to get IX and X.

1.I'm losing credits. Being a non-premium account player, it's common for me to lose a bit of credits in Edinburgh, and it will most certainly get worse when I reach Neptune.

2.QF Mark N5. I liked the historical gun, but I can't get used to the ballistics and shell speed. I can aim properly, but it feels sick.

3.I'm not good at torpedoes. Yesterday my Edinburgh shoot a total 15 torps at a Montana at a range between 7km and 2km, 12 of them missed. And high tier RN CL requires some decent torpedo skill.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

IFHE not effective on Donskoi and Moskva

If you have MK already, its the more reason to grind all the way to Moskva :/

Donskoy may need IFHE.

30→39

Which means

>Penetrating battleship bow/stern 32mm

>Penetrating some cruisers' 30mm mid section(Hindenberg/Zao)

>Penetrating US BB deck 37-38mm

Not so beneficial as 152mm but still does good.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Every T10 is worth grinding for. Don't stop! Also, you don't need premium consumable for all slots. For example fighter or spotter doesn't have to be premium since you rarely use them. I usually use all premium on my T10 (no premium account as well) and if you focus on missions at the same time, the rewards from there should compensate for your losses in terms of credits. But still, every now and then you have to go back to T7 clubbing for getting some credits back. (or your Kutuzov / Atago which are insane money machines).

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

I enjoyed Fiji, but probably will choose not to get IX and X.

1.I'm losing credits. Being a non-premium account player, it's common for me to lose a bit of credits in Edinburgh, and it will most certainly get worse when I reach Neptune.

2.QF Mark N5. I liked the historical gun, but I can't get used to the ballistics and shell speed. I can aim properly, but it feels sick.

3.I'm not good at torpedoes. Yesterday my Edinburgh shoot a total 15 torps at a Montana at a range between 7km and 2km, 12 of them missed. And high tier RN CL requires some decent torpedo skill.

how are you losing credits in edinburgh???

get near enemy ship

smoke

spam

???

profit

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Every T10 is worth grinding for. Don't stop! Also, you don't need premium consumable for all slots. For example fighter or spotter doesn't have to be premium since you rarely use them. I usually use all premium on my T10 (no premium account as well) and if you focus on missions at the same time, the rewards from there should compensate for your losses in terms of credits. But still, every now and then you have to go back to T7 clubbing for getting some credits back. (or your Kutuzov / Atago which are insane money machines).

Moskva… It's just doesn't seem fun to me. It seem to me like a sniping cruiser which can just bow on for like… forever?

And Moskva's superstructure seem ugly.

I run full premium only on RN CL cuz heal, smoke, hydro, all very useful. There's nothing I can give up.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

how are you losing credits in edinburgh???

get near enemy ship

smoke

spam

???

profit

I'm having a regular account, not premium. Also I'm trying to save signal flags so there's no credits/repair fee modifier on my Edinburgh. Plus four premium consumable, I guess losing a bit of credits is normal…

381 posts
9,957 battles

Donskoi is better because its 180mm AP has more effective range than 155mm on Chappy. You can also afford more mistakes than in Chappy with the heal. You'll give up the ability to stealth radar, stealth fire and t6 MM but if you like to sealclub Shchors is a much better choice.