Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
caleb713

Updating seems to be Slow as Always

8 comments in this topic

2 posts
257 battles

Ever since the day I started playing this, this issue has been with me Every Where I go.

I don't know man, World of Warships was my fav game for a month. After that I played it sparingly as a comfort zone for me to rest from the toxic WoT tomatoes, which turns out well. The only issue I have been encountering is the gruesome and painful download speed of updates.

Where should I start.... oh yes, the launch of the game itself 2 years ago. Back then, I was one of the first to play the game in SEA. The speed back then was average for my internet connection; 100mbps. Ping is good and comparing the network to WoT, its only a margin higher in ping and that's it. Well I hope that speed continues as starting from a year ago, whenever I am updating the game it slows down its speed from 70mbps to 600kbps, yes, 600kb. I was not annoyed back then as I taught it was some sort of issue that won't be present after a new patch, oh I wish it was. After several patches, German ships sails in and Royal Navy gains their right to venture, the speed still hasn't gone up. It starts to annoy me as the amount of time required for updating the game took 5x longer than WoT, if its a major update 10x. I taught it was some sort of IP issue until when I went on a trip to Taiwan and boom, same old 600kbps on 100mbps network. I am clueless on why this happens and I am tired of fixing this myself, please, WG notice this and find the problem for me.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I highly, highly doubt the issue is on WG's side - at the very least, I've never seen this problem whilst connecting from multiple countries, with at least four separate computers. If you've eliminated the IP issue with a tracert, maybe check if you're being artificially throttled on your computer itself.

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

I have both NA and ASIA accounts and max 1 megabyte a second connection on ADSL 2 in Australia.

NA will usually max it out while updating,but ASIA will usually hover around 500 kilobytes a second while updating.

For me I would say it may be my ISP as there are also ping and lag problems with the ASIA connection that I don't get with NA.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I have both NA and ASIA accounts and max 1 megabyte a second connection on ADSL 2 in Australia.

NA will usually max it out while updating,but ASIA will usually hover around 500 kilobytes a second while updating.

For me I would say it may be my ISP as there are also ping and lag problems with the ASIA connection that I don't get with NA.

Depending on where you live, this is pretty much a cable issue. Some parts of Aus have a lot better connection to NA than they do to Asia due to the layout of undersea cables and the ISPs in the way...

2 posts
257 battles

My update speed for several games is as follows (network speed 100mbps)

WoT, 70-120mbps depending on whether I am using LAN or Wifi.

Armoured Warfare, 90-140mbps

Steam Games, 100-150mbps

WoW, average speed 800kbps

Used both desktop and laptops to play, and both shows WoW to be significantly slower no matter the time of the day or the region. All I can do know is hope that a 3GB patch will never ever happen. 

159 posts
5,676 battles

I've noticed a similar thing in NZ. I'm not too worried about it though, so long as there isn't any 3GB sized patches as you say. :amazed:

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

Depending on where you live, this is pretty much a cable issue. Some parts of Aus have a lot better connection to NA than they do to Asia due to the layout of undersea cables and the ISPs in the way...

Totally forgot to mention the cable issue in my post! What you have said is what I and others have found.

And can also say it is definitely affecting other games to just not WoWs.Seen a post on the Star Citizen forums of someone trying to connect to the new AU server and getting bad lag and ping from Singapore.From what the person wrote I think they are using the cable Telstra is using that affects WoWs going the other way!

All I can do know is hope that a 3GB patch will never ever happen. 

I've noticed a similar thing in NZ. I'm not too worried about it though, so long as there isn't any 3GB sized patches as you say. :amazed:

We usually only get big ones like that around a new tech tree being added to the game.The French cruisers will probably be a fairly big patch.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I have seen this for a few months now. The download starts at 5-6 mbps for me and then gradually slows down to 200-300 kbps. I have to watch for this and just stop the download, then wait a few seconds and resume it. It then resumes at the high speed again and slows down. The stop/start process continues to get the download to finish quickly or else it will take ages.

Any by the way I have high ping in the game from Feb 2017 last week for which I was asked to contact my ISP, but I tested this with various ISP's and the lag is the same. Tracerts from all different ISP's show a bottleneck at one device which is out of ISP support. Stuck with this now......

Sign in to follow this