BanditSE1977

Australia getting GST on digital sales

9 comments in this topic

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Just come across this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169615-Steam-Australia-to-Start-Charging-10-GST

Our 'awesome' Aussie government has decided to add GST to all digital sales from July.Which probably also means it will be added to Warships as well.

So in one day they have managed to cut the wages of a large portion of the population then whack more tax on those ( and others ) that buy programs online!

Gotta love it!

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,063 battles

Well we all know that our Digital curtain is a joke for what we can't get and then if we can get it we get to pay a lovely premium on top of it, so I am not really surprised they managed to make it even worse than it already is. In an entirely uncorrelated response to that I am sure that Pirating of TV/Movies will go up due to the price increases...

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

I haven't had Sunday penalties for 20 years.  Welcome to the real world.

Just because you've not had them doesn't mean it's right others don't either.

Tee

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Its not the government that recommends this but an independent board put in by labor. If the government ignores or refutes this decision they then aren't independent.

Btw i feel for those that will lose out. Whilst studying i relied on sunday penalties for a pay boost. Feels like ages ago from uni life.

2,225 posts
13,751 battles

Well we all know that our Digital curtain is a joke for what we can't get and then if we can get it we get to pay a lovely premium on top of it, so I am not really surprised they managed to make it even worse than it already is. In an entirely uncorrelated response to that I am sure that Pirating of TV/Movies will lead to even more price increases...

FTFY