Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

The Myth of CV

32 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

:V

Most of the time, people always tell that playing CV is scary. well, i am not unicum player..... i am just a bad player who like to YOLO in games and shouting "to valhalla! witness me! RAM!". in other word, i am THE REAL POTATO! my aim in CA is bad, and more worse in BB. try USN DD, killed less than 5 min. as fellow potato, i want to tell you this! CV IS THE MOST EASY SHIP in the game! and its really devasting. i am running IJN CV and currently in Hiryu. i have feel the howling sheet moment and fighting tier 8~9 sheep, so i want to share my experience to our fellow potato brother out there...... the myth of CV

1. "CV is hard to obtain"

NO! if you think grinding from IJN BB line is so hard, JUST YOLO and ignore the winrate! aiming in BB from far distance is so hard. more closer range will guarantee hit. getting a few hits mean XP, so don think so much about. just sail with the crowd and shoot the CLOSEST TARGET. use camo XP and flag for faster xp, use 30 day premium if available. without camo and flag booster, i can get the hosho in less than one week!(5 days lol). or maybe 7~10 days without premium :V

2. "higher tier sheep AA is so scary"

higher tier sheep have increased AA, and your plane have a higher HP and SPEED! the sheep AA is only scary if the sheep crowding each other and form AA BBUBBLE. bombing DD is easy in early because DD will try to cap and the team left behind..... bombing BB can be done after the mid game when AA buble formation is separated. as IJN the way to bombingBB sheep with high AA is let the DB tanking first then attack with TB. 

just look at WoW stat, higher tier CV HAVE HIGHER DAMAGE! it mean high AA cannt stop CV from doing bombing! isnt it obvious?

3. "CV is not for potato"

obvius LIE...... CV is the best for POTATO! no dispersion, no richochet, attack from anywhere and HIGH SURIVABILITY! a few hits from TB will deal devastating damage. in CA or BB, i am almost NEVER got any kill, in CV, getting kill is easier. and i deal more damage, the thing that i rarely did in other class ship.

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/player/2015039434,Skarhabek/

just look at "warship stat by type" and you will see my horrible stat in DD, CA and BB

4. "CV require pro multitasking"

NO, just park your plane near allies and do task one by one. this is what i did everyday, park my bomber or fighter near allies. when there is a chance, park your fighter, lets bomb the target, and go back :V  when enemy try to attack, park your bomber and fight the bomber..... simple right?

5. "CV servicing cost is costly in tier 7"

and your income toooo......

6. "CV have finite ammo"

what will you choose, destroy 2 enemy sheep, deal 50K damage and then did nothing. or, deal 20K damage to battleship that will heal again? in higher tier CV will have more planes, it mean MOAR terror!

7. "Saipan is OP"

YES it did..... this is no myth.... even the mighty wallet warrior Belfast is afraid of Saipan.....

the scary thing people talking about being CV in higher tier is actually Saipan terror....

but, even Saipan have a weakness too! 

Link to NA forums thread

just read it, somebody in this thread is mentioning it :V

Bonus : CV can do a close battle too!

16265487_375479662832276_640556710543046

What are you waiting for? lets play CV!

ALL HAIL POTATO !

Inappropriate link title. Link edited. No warning issued.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

191 posts
10,634 battles

Earlier patches CV TB auto-drop mechanics was really good for potato (the planes don't have to circle into position). Those were the days where lot of people play CV (of course a nightmare for any other classes of ship) :P

1,126 posts

CV is game breaker

the only way to counter CV is to have AA

which my favorite class lack... IJNDD

when CV plane flying around, it's denied my ability to do everything.

can't cap, can't torp, can't advance, can't anything  T_T

every time I hit 'battle' button, I pray... 'god please... god... don't put CV in my match ... for god sake'

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

CV is game breaker

the only way to counter CV is to have AA

which my favorite class lack... IJNDD

when CV plane flying around, it's denied my ability to do everything.

can't cap, can't torp, can't advance, can't anything  T_T

every time I hit 'battle' button, I pray... 'god please... god... don't put CV in my match ... for god sake'

Finally someone understand me. Me too. 

CV = IJN DD (FOOD)

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

:V

Most of the time, people always tell that playing CV is scary. well, i am not unicum player..... i am just a bad player who like to YOLO in games and shouting "to valhalla! witness me! RAM!". in other word, i am THE REAL POTATO! my aim in CA is bad, and more worse in BB. try USN DD, killed less than 5 min. as fellow potato, i want to tell you this! CV IS THE MOST EASY SHIP in the game! and its really devasting. i am running IJN CV and currently in Hiryu. i have feel the howling sheet moment and fighting tier 8~9 sheep, so i want to share my experience to our fellow potato brother out there...... the myth of CV

1. "CV is hard to obtain"

NO! if you think grinding from IJN BB line is so hard, JUST YOLO and ignore the winrate! aiming in BB from far distance is so hard. more closer range will guarantee hit. getting a few hits mean XP, so don think so much about. just sail with the crowd and shoot the CLOSEST TARGET. use camo XP and flag for faster xp, use 30 day premium if available. without camo and flag booster, i can get the hosho in less than one week!(5 days lol). or maybe 7~10 days without premium :V

2. "higher tier sheep AA is so scary"

higher tier sheep have increased AA, and your plane have a higher HP and SPEED! the sheep AA is only scary if the sheep crowding each other and form AA BBUBBLE. bombing DD is easy in early because DD will try to cap and the team left behind..... bombing BB can be done after the mid game when AA buble formation is separated. as IJN the way to bombingBB sheep with high AA is let the DB tanking first then attack with TB. 

​Until you get a high tier CV this point remains irrelevant

just look at WoW stat, higher tier CV HAVE HIGHER DAMAGE! it mean high AA cannt stop CV from doing bombing! isnt it obvious?

​Only for tier 9 CV. But the Taiho is broken because War gaming likes to cater IJN CVs

3. "CV is not for potato"

obvius LIE...... CV is the best for POTATO! no dispersion, no richochet, attack from anywhere and HIGH SURIVABILITY! a few hits from TB will deal devastating damage. in CA or BB, i am almost NEVER got any kill, in CV, getting kill is easier. and i deal more damage, the thing that i rarely did in other class ship.

​No dispersion ?

​GTFO

Attack from anywhere ?

​Yes but at the cost of lower damage in that game.

​"getting kill is easier. And I deal more damage"

​You are simply kill stealing in your Hiryu. Besides, your damage is still below average. Moving on

http://asia.wows-numbers.com/player/2015039434,Skarhabek/

just look at "warship stat by type" and you will see my horrible stat in DD, CA and BB

You have horrible stats in DD, CA and BB and you have borderline horrible stats in CV

​You are only doing better in CV because you are using the game breaking overpowered IJN CV line. Good luck picking up USN CV line.

4. "CV require pro multitasking"

NO, just park your plane near allies and do task one by one. this is what i did everyday, park my bomber or fighter near allies. when there is a chance, park your fighter, lets bomb the target, and go back :V  when enemy try to attack, park your bomber and fight the bomber..... simple right?

​Is that why your damage and WTR is horrible ?

5. "CV servicing cost is costly in tier 7"

and your income toooo......

​Yep, no counter argument.

6. "CV have finite ammo"

what will you choose, destroy 2 enemy sheep, deal 50K damage and then did nothing. or, deal 20K damage to battleship that will heal again? in higher tier CV will have more planes, it mean MOAR terror!

​And more devastating AA ship, NC, Iowa, Kurfurst. What even is your point here ? If you only deal 20k to a battleship in 1 pass then you are just bad.

7. "Saipan is OP"

YES it did..... this is no myth.... even the mighty wallet warrior Belfast is afraid of Saipan.....

the scary thing people talking about being CV in higher tier is actually Saipan terror....

​Why are you stating the obvious ?

Inappropriate link title. Link edited. No warning issued.

~dead_man_walking

Also

​English properly if you want your points to be valid

411 posts
6,164 battles

​devastating AA ship,NC,Iowa,Kurfurst

Only if they are specifically built for AA...otherwise they get nuked... :/ 

1,386 posts
8,232 battles

More likely than not, they will be. Due to captain skills

They will NOT be.

Due to the ASIA meta, concealment expert and fire prevention are must pick. Which leaves no more than 5 points to pick extra skills, which means you can only pick one from BFT AFT and MAA.(you may argue that you can pick BFT over SI in level three but that's just not the case, an extra heal is just simply too much to give up.) Now, only one AA skill, how's that an AA build?

For the upgrades, KM BB need Aiming mod1 in the second slot to reduce the straddle salt. High tier US BB don't need extra range and building secondary isn't a wise choice, so putting AA range upgrade on that slot is common. The third slot? Face it, no one ever pick AA efficiency for battleships.

Full AA build battleships were rare in even late 0.5.x versions. And their numbers have most likely decreased after 0.6.0

Edited by _Halcyon

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

They will NOT be.

Due to the ASIA meta, concealment expert and fire prevention are must pick. Which leaves no more than 5 points to pick extra skills, which means you can only pick one from BFT AFT and MAA.(you may argue that you can pick BFT over SI in level three but that's just not the case, an extra heal is just simply too much to give up.) Now, only one AA skill, how's that an AA build?

For the upgrades, KM BB need Aiming mod1 in the second slot to reduce the straddle salt. High tier US BB don't need extra range and building secondary isn't a wise choice, so putting AA range upgrade on that slot is common. The third slot? Face it, no one ever pick AA efficiency for battleships.

Full AA build battleships were rare in even late 0.5.x versions. And their numbers have most likely decreased after 0.6.0

​Well your points are mostly true. Except I don't pick fire prevention or Super Intendant , believe it or not :trollface:

I think that you may be over estimating the usage for Fire Prevention, I don't find the skill useful enough to replace BFT or even SI

​Iowa and NC simply doesn't need Fire Prevention if they have concealment expert, they will just pop back into stealth anyway

​A general USN build will probably have BFT+AFT+SI+CE. BFT+AFT is formidable AA wise, so I reckon it can be some what classified as an 'AA' boat.

​CVs still fear USN BB AA in general, so eh. I reckon that they can handle CVs

346 posts

pls play USN CVs too

Trust me I play USN CV and thought it was pretty bad until ranger (still bad but hey I'm loving that plane reserve)

I now also tried playing IJN CV and my Honsho VASTLY out performed my Langley My Zuiho is currently out performing my Bogue (at least bogue has an excuse to be horrid though - only 2 squads and crippling depression) Now i'm just wondering if I should get ruyjou (I am 1/2 way through grind) or Lexington ( need to grind up 70K exp which shouldn't be to hard just need to wait for saipan sale so that i can fight (hopefully) I-come-from-Tier-4 CV players)

Edited by BravaZulu296

1,386 posts
8,232 battles

​Well your points are mostly true. Except I don't pick fire prevention or Super Intendant , believe it or not :trollface:

I think that you may be over estimating the usage for Fire Prevention, I don't find the skill useful enough to replace BFT or even SI

​Iowa and NC simply doesn't need Fire Prevention if they have concealment expert, they will just pop back into stealth anyway

​A general USN build will probably have BFT+AFT+SI+CE. BFT+AFT is formidable AA wise, so I reckon it can be some what classified as an 'AA' boat.

​CVs still fear USN BB AA in general, so eh. I reckon that they can handle CVs

FP is useful enough, really go try it. On most cases there will be only one fire on your ship, meaning you won't have to use you DamCon against fire. Without FP however, you will often receive two fire and be forced to use DamCon, which can often lead to awkward situation.

Also, AR skill at level two is useful. As battleships have repair party, you can keep enjoy higher RoF without too much risk. So basically that's killing AA build.

341 posts
4,020 battles

I used to consider CVs overpowered... When I was a low tier BBaby Myogi whining about being clubbed by AS 5 plane Zuihos and other low tier CV sealclubbers or just good players, which convinced me to go for Hosho. 

Except that once I got it, I found that I didn't have the knowledge or skills to do well in, nor did I find fun in playing CVs. I didn't feel comfortable with the UI or playstyle either.

So I went to git gud, went back to surface ships, went to midtiers and in some cases even high tiers up those lines and found enjoyment.

So while OP has his opinions and probably is a competent CV player making them work, I'll say that the only truly over powered line is one you are confident and successful in.

Play it if you enjoy it. It's not for everyone.

1,105 posts

@silenthunter:  i am in hiryu, most of the time i am facing tier 7~8. their AA is obviously high. from 8 TB+5 DB, only 5 TB and 3 DB manage to launch the torpedo and bomb. after successfull bombing, some of plane is also destroyed. BUT THAT IS ENOUGH! as long as you can launch attack, high AA cannt stop your attack. the different is when there is enemy fighter or CA nearby.

"Is that why your damage and WTR is horrible ?"

like i said before, i am completely a potato, of course my wtr, damage blabla have a lower average. but this is the real question:

......what is better, deal 5K damage in CA or 30K in CV?

[btw, sinking DD is always my priority ]

"You have horrible stats in DD, CA and BB and you have borderline horrible stats in CV
​You are only doing better in CV because you are using the game breaking overpowered IJN CV line. Good luck picking up USN CV line.
"

THIS IS TRUE! IJN CV ARE OP!   for potato, CV is a big blessing! hahahahaa :V

if you are potato and struggle to deal damage, try CV :V

pls play USN CVs too

Trust me I play USN CV and thought it was pretty bad until ranger (still bad but hey I'm loving that plane reserve)

no, lets play IJN CV bro ! i dont want to running stock loadout or too specialized...... i like to be versatile :V

i dont understand why people play stock loadout USN CV......

Play it if you enjoy it. It's not for everyone.

well nice to you bro, but some potato like to YOLO and CV is de best way to YOLO.... :izmena:

i am just cannt play the other sheep :unsure:

againts higher tier WITH ONLY 1 CA LOL! 79K damage 

the BB AA is not scary, but the CA AA is yes :V

16730287_392232284490347_244621166302730

maybe i should edited the thread :V

the fact now

1. CA AA is still scary

2. USN CV is not OP

3. some people dont like the CV battle interface

4. most BB dont pick AA build

411 posts
6,164 battles

Just like Skarhabek said, as long as you can launch attack, high AA cant stop it.... that's why countering stacked TBs is nightmare, specially if the CV is high tier... u'r AA may be able to shoot down some of them but he'll still manage to hit multiple torps :( 

1,490 posts

Yes, I agree with the others, try US CV instead of just sticking to OP IJN CVs, so you will find out how to lose all of your planes quick to ijn unlimited plane supply, or super fast speed..

I puddle around with my CVs occasionally, so they are only hobby for me, because I am mainly bb & ca player but I do know that's what happens when I play them, as ijn CV always has more damn fighters, & somehow they can strafe in a curve while mine just waste ammunition strafing in a straight line while enemy planes can somehow escape..

I find BBs more enjoyable anyway, pounding enemies with giant guns while I stand on deck & watch... & when I am in my texas I usually eat planes for breakfast...

My highest kill rate of planes in my texas is 35 planes in a single match, I ended up getting clear skies in my texas hahah

Bring 'em on

Ordrazz

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Yes, I agree with the others, try US CV instead of just sticking to OP IJN CVs, so you will find out how to lose all of your planes quick to ijn unlimited plane supply, or super fast speed..

I puddle around with my CVs occasionally, so they are only hobby for me, because I am mainly bb & ca player but I do know that's what happens when I play them, as ijn CV always has more damn fighters, & somehow they can strafe in a curve while mine just waste ammunition strafing in a straight line while enemy planes can somehow escape..

I find BBs more enjoyable anyway, pounding enemies with giant guns while I stand on deck & watch... & when I am in my texas I usually eat planes for breakfast...

My highest kill rate of planes in my texas is 35 planes in a single match, I ended up getting clear skies in my texas hahah

Bring 'em on

Ordrazz

CV's and Texas don't mix.

Even Saipan's planes cop a battering from a full AA build Texas.

411 posts
6,164 battles

Tried cv in langley

First match tiered against AS bogue and player is unicum

Stopped playing cv

Well, that's by accident. Langley is not bad and if u manage to get to Bogue, it's really enjoyable...I ran 110 and enjoyed it :) 

411 posts
6,164 battles

Hosho is better than Langley. 

Purely because of the faster plane+ship.

And 2 torps bombers squadron are better than one.

But Langley can farm more damage

Hosho is fine for practicing cross-torping... but when u reach zuiho, its a total pain. "AS BOGUE IS [edited]" :sceptic:

Edited by _TAMAL_

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hosho is fine for practicing cross-torping... but when u reach zuiho, its a total pain. "AS BOGUE IS [content removed]" :sceptic: 

Seriously, just sneak past and snipe him. His fighters are so slow anyway

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Sign in to follow this