Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

Maya/Choukai as a premium

10 comments in this topic

347 posts

So at first glance Choukai and maya are just more Takao class cruisers but at closer look it appears BOTH have ALL their torpedo tubes able to fire forward I can find lots of pictures of choukai that all show that the ship had all of choukai's torpedo tubes facing foreword but not as many for maya

Chokai (check area where torpedoes are)

http://www.shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/Japan/CA%20Chokai%201944.png

http://img07.deviantart.net/d46c/i/2015/247/1/6/ijn_cruiser_chokai_by_rlkitterman-d98cov0.jpg

Maya (check area where torpedoes are)

http://www.shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/Japan/CA%20Maya%201933.png

Takao for comparison (check area where torpedoes are)

http://www.shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/Japan/CA%20Takao%201939.png

Can't find Atago because all that i can find is world of warships and kancolle (plus some Arpeggio of blue steel)

P.S How can i edit the title cause premium is is spelt wrong

Topic spelling corrected at OP request.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

The later fitting-out of the Maya also has more AA while having one of her turrets removed'

but a better question is, why would anyone buy another Takao class when Atago/ARP Takao exists

347 posts

The later fitting-out of the Maya also has more AA while having one of her turrets removed'

but a better question is, why would anyone buy another Takao class when Atago/ARP Takao exists

Thing is Takao had one torp facing forward and one having backwards so to use the second set of torps that fire aft of the ship display of citadel is required ( if you are unable to use an island to cover yourself of something ) but with the later 2 takao classes both torps face forward so now there is a ship able to fire 4 sets of 4 torpedoes without having to show citadel (unless you are hit and run)
Edited by BravaZulu296

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,453 battles

Thing is Takao had one torp facing forward and one having backwards so to use the second set of torps that fire aft of the ship display of citadel is required ( if you are unable to use an island to cover yourself of something ) but with the later 2 takao classes both torps face forward so now there is a ship able to fire 4 sets of 4 torpedoes without having to show citadel (unless you are hit and run)

Will she work as a nerf T7 IJN Premium CA?

or a seperate line ?

250 posts
13,190 battles

what is the point of putting another Takao into the game when you already have two of them.

BTW

Maya can be placed as T7 AACA for IJN: She is just Myoko that lose C turret for better AA
​Choukai can be used as reward ship for reaching rank 1 for that forward torpedo which encourage aggression charge (yeah rather see this than Black)

1,498 posts

what is the point of putting another Takao into the game when you already have two of them.

BTW

Maya can be placed as T7 AACA for IJN: She is just Myoko that lose C turret for better AA

​Choukai can be used as reward ship for reaching rank 1 for that forward torpedo which encourage aggression charge (yeah rather see this than Black)

Well, we have a hundred myokos, & 50 kongos,  so  why not a hundred takaos ? 

This is world of clones DDs  warships, after all

Ordrazz

347 posts

BTW

Well, we have a hundred myokos, & 50 kongos,  so  why not a hundred takaos ? 

This is world of clones DDs  warships, after all

Ordrazz

Well maya/choukai wouldn't really be a clone because of different Torpedo arrangements and also WG cannot just re-skin at ago because mast position ,superstructure ,torpedoes ,catapult position e.t.c are different and in maya's case maya has extra AA

250 posts
13,190 battles

Well maya/choukai wouldn't really be a clone because of different Torpedo arrangements and also WG cannot just re-skin at ago because mast position ,superstructure ,torpedoes ,catapult position e.t.c are different and in maya's case maya has extra AA

​still, people seem to annoyed if they see several ship from the same class in the game, Takao isn't different but more forgiving for details difference.

​Here what I think it should have been

- Takao: T8 cruiser as researchable ship

​- Atago: T8 premium cruiser (already have) need to rework in model cause current Atago is Takao

​- Choukai: T8 reward from clan wars of ranked battles as for unique torpedo arc

​- Maya: T7 AACA which trade C turret for better AA protection (still 25 mm Type 96 cannon isn't effective as 20 mm oreikon or 40 mm bofos)   

347 posts

​still, people seem to annoyed if they see several ship from the same class in the game, Takao isn't different but more forgiving for details difference.

​Here what I think it should have been

- Takao: T8 cruiser as researchable ship

​- Atago: T8 premium cruiser (already have) need to rework in model cause current Atago is Takao

​- Choukai: T8 reward from clan wars of ranked battles as for unique torpedo arc

​- Maya: T7 AACA which trade C turret for better AA protection (still 25 mm Type 96 cannon isn't effective as 20 mm oreikon or 40 mm bofos)   

Just one problem : maya also has the unique all-forward-facing torp tubes

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I understand what you are trying to point out. I asked some Atago players on their gameplay notably the torpedo launching part, the rear torp launcher (torpedo 2 & 4) has limited launch arc to face forward and vice versa. Now for Choukai & Maya, torp launchers 2 & 4 has limited launch arc to face the rear if implemented.

So you propose to market Choukai as premium ship that is a Atago & has slight gameplay impact (the torpedo placement)? The selling factor is very slim if you ask me.

I believe (by my wild guesses & high possibility) the development team has different plans for Maya, she has chance as 1944 AA cruiser refit & not as pre-1944 refit.

Sign in to follow this