You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
darkflame88

Rant - Being blamed for others lack of awareness

23 comments in this topic

157 posts
4,084 battles

Not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this type of behaviour but I'm sick and tired of being berated in the chat because other players think it is my fault that they keep doing suicide charges.

I understand that there is usually a need to push and that some players will try to hide but to give an example of what I am talking about, I recent played a match where I used my Mutsu, now the Mutsu's AA is pretty crap against anything higher than tier VI, so I was a little concerned when the enemy CV's consisted of 2 Hiryu's.

Start of the match I start getting pounded by their strike craft. I take 4 torps and 2 bomb hits and lose my engine.

At this point I notice that there is both a Fuso and a Colorado gunning for me, and that a Bayern has gotten past our BB's and is now heading through the centre of the map toward our two CV's, though the Bayern is being harried by several DD's.

So I try to use this by trying to draw the Fuso and the Colorado into the centre and draw the Bayern away from the CV's by firing at her. Then comes the next wave of strike craft, 3 torps squadrons and 1 dive bomber, the torps all miss but the bomb jams my steering, though i'm still heading toward the centre. Next thing I know a tier V CL arrives and charges past me straight toward the Fuso, it lasts perhaps 10 seconds.

Next thing a message pops up that it was all my fault that I didn't push against the Fuso and that it would be the last time that they would ever help a BB, bearing in mind that I was both on fire and couldn't turn to attack, as my guns were still pointing at the Bayern and that just because I was at less the 3000hp I should have taken on a nearly untouched Fuso at 10km.

I'm sorry but a lack of one's own situational awareness does not mean people have the right to berate others because they fail to communicate, had this individual explained to me what they were doing I might have been able to give them some support, instead they went straight past me without a word of warning and then got themselves killed. And somehow me trying to protect the CV's while being pounded by strike craft had nothing to do with it.

That said I know that there are player out there that will do a suicide push, get themselves killed and then apologise to the team for not taking into account what might happen.

In that case, two tier VI BB's tried to take on an Amagi and failed to realise until it was too late there were 2 tier VII DD's lying in wait, all the Amagi had to do was train her guns on my CV, all my planes were returning from attacking the enemy CV and in 15 seconds we lost 3 ships. and to their credit our BB's didn't assault me in the chat, they just laughed it off, though they did apologise after I went down. That is behaviour that I respect, sure it wasn't the smartest thing to do but I'm more likely to help and support them if we are ever in the same team again.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

Meh.  Don't worry about it.  If you do something stupid and learn from it its a good day.  If you did the right thing then its still a good day.   Interwebs feels aren't real feels.

307 posts
6,413 battles

Well it just happened in this game, that i had .... DD in front of me was heading towards the left, so i fired 2 sets of torps behind him.  He stopped then reversed straight into the first set ..... kept reversing into the next set .... I mean it was a good 5 seconds before the next set was heading towards him .... one torp each .... unbelievable.    What was worse it was a Ranked game.    I still cant believe watching this guy ... even when i typed watch the torps.

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

Well it just happened in this game, that i had .... DD in front of me was heading towards the left, so i fired 2 sets of torps behind him.  He stopped then reversed straight into the first set ..... kept reversing into the next set .... I mean it was a good 5 seconds before the next set was heading towards him .... one torp each .... unbelievable.    What was worse it was a Ranked game.    I still cant believe watching this guy ... even when i typed watch the torps.

Sorry but totally your fault.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

haha well i can do that to anyone .... sit in front and then reverse into their torps anytime :)   .... your right dont fire torps if you are behind me :)

I d say the same.. your fault.

980 posts
12,617 battles

On Monday I was playing in my Ernst Gaede on Neighbours. 

We captured A and we're proceeding to B from the northern spawn. I pop smoke just outside B as we approach the cap to provide support fire for a friendly Benson that was attacking enemy destroyers in B. 

I get a few good salvos in before I pop hydro after 15 seconds of sitting in smoke (my standard procedure in RN CLs)  and oh my God, torpedoes incoming from just west of B cap, about 7-10 seconds away. I spool up the engine to one quarter and go right full rudder to point my bow at the torpedoes. 

At the same time, out of friggin nowhere, a friendly Atago rams me at full speed from behind and to the left. I use the profanity quick key to express my disapproval, but he continues barrelling into me at flank speed... 

... Straight into the path of (what must have been) a Kagero torpedo. Lose 90%+ health.  I go into chat to ask what on earth this guy is doing. No reply. 

He finally pulls away and I move freely. Just as I turn away... 

... The 'friendly' Atago puts a broadside of 4 torpedoes into my Gaede from 1km away. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if this guy is doing it deliberately so I try to raise him on chat. No response. Had no idea what he was shooting at either,  nearest enemy ship at that point was 12km away. 

At the same time, I was abused by other team members on chat, telling me to spend more time in co-op and/or training room (in a much less friendly way, of course), recommended me to uninstall the game, and to not get in the way of friendly ships when they were firing torpedoes. After the game, I believe they were the reason why I received 14 reports. I have no idea how it was my job dodge ramming from a friendly ship, overpower a cruiser in maneuvering in a destroyer, and evade a surprise torpedo strike from 1km away while stationery. I absolutely do not believe I was in the wrong. 

The Atago then proceeded to yolo charge the enemy North Carolina, then go broadside before entering close torpedo range, and expectedly after seconds was turned into mash potatoes served with 406mm shells.  

You can't beat this horror story. 

In fact, I might start a thread on this forum for horror stories. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,105 posts

Not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this type of behaviour but I'm sick and tired of being berated in the chat because other players think it is my fault that they keep doing suicide charges.

Did you mean YOLO! yes BB should YOLO and kill all sheep! the only problem with BB YOLO is when there a CV with TB or there is 3~4 DD in enemy team. YOLO is the good strategy, in will encourage team to attack and make enemy sheep turn away!

I understand that there is usually a need to push and that some players will try to hide but to give an example of what I am talking about, I recent played a match where I used my Mutsu, now the Mutsu's AA is pretty crap against anything higher than tier VI, so I was a little concerned when the enemy CV's consisted of 2 Hiryu's.

Start of the match I start getting pounded by their strike craft. I take 4 torps and 2 bomb hits and lose my engine.

its CV fault for not protecting you! why dont let them die instead of protecting them :v

and CV wont get killed if they have good positioning..... and IJN CV can still survive againts DD. the secondaries of CV and DB can destroy DD in close combat. and IJN CV have high speed so it can escape againts  DD torpedo. get burning? CV have skill that allow them to launch the planes while burning.

... The 'friendly' Atago puts a broadside of 4 torpedoes into my Gaede from 1km away. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if this guy is doing it deliberately so I try to raise him on chat. No response. Had no idea what he was shooting at either,  nearest enemy ship at that point was 12km away. 

At the same time, I was abused by other team members on chat, telling me to spend more time in co-op and/or training room (in a much less friendly way, of course), recommended me to uninstall the game, and to not get in the way of friendly ships when they were firing torpedoes. After the game, I believe they were the reason why I received 14 reports. I have no idea how it was my job dodge ramming from a friendly ship, overpower a cruiser in maneuvering in a destroyer, and evade a surprise torpedo strike from 1km away while stationery. I absolutely do not believe I was in the wrong. 

Dat Atago.... btw its your fault for playing DD. lets play CV instead :V

but i am curious how and why you get 14 report? its normal to get sunk earlier.... or doing nothing as DD, because cap is already done. 

btw, how to see your report stat and compliment? 

980 posts
12,617 battles

but i am curious how and why you get 14 report? its normal to get sunk earlier.... or doing nothing as DD, because cap is already done. 

But...I like to play DD. 

I don't know why I got 14 reports, apparently it appears to some people it is my job to evade friendly torpedoes and dodge friendly ramming attempts. 

To see report stat and compliment, just go to the profile page and find your karma number (the little number on the top-right of your player profile name). Basically, that number represents 'number of times you were complimented' vs 'number of times you were reported'. Zero is the lowest number you can get. 

Mine currently says '30' (after the 14 reports) so I must be doing something right. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Explanation not necessary. Logic and rational do not apply. Haters gotta hate.

O4C1OBt.jpg

I go into chat to ask what on earth this guy is doing. No reply. 

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if this guy is doing it deliberately so I try to raise him on chat. No response. 

Just some advice from playing games online for a long time, don't bother chatting in these cases, let them sink you, return to port and move on.

There's 3 kind of people who commit such behaviour.

1.) Trolls, in which case chatting equals feeding them

2.) "I just play for fun, sorry, that my internet lags all over the place with my 56kb modem" un-educatable people that are a waste of one's time when trying to chat with them

3.) Bots, self-explanatory

157 posts
4,084 battles

Did you mean YOLO! yes BB should YOLO and kill all sheep! the only problem with BB YOLO is when there a CV with TB or there is 3~4 DD in enemy team. YOLO is the good strategy, in will encourage team to attack and make enemy sheep turn away!

its CV fault for not protecting you! why dont let them die instead of protecting them :v

and CV wont get killed if they have good positioning..... and IJN CV can still survive againts DD. the secondaries of CV and DB can destroy DD in close combat. and IJN CV have high speed so it can escape againts  DD torpedo. get burning? CV have skill that allow them to launch the planes while burning.

So you would class TWO essentially higher tier BB's as sheep, I would hate to be on your team then, "I know, as an Amagi I'm going to try and fight two Montana's, I'm sure I'll scare them away." And as I said, there were 4 TB squadrons in play.

You really need to read the original post, I said it was a BAYERN, a tier 6 German BB that was attacking my CV's not the DD's, who were on my team, they were trying to distract the Bayern. As soon as it got within 10km of the CV's they were dead, so I tried to draw it toward me, when that CL charged to it's very pointless death.

Though I suppose obvious troll is obvious.

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

I know it's suppose to be a team game, but I see too many solo idiots whose only aim is to get more damage and kills than the rest of the team.  Bugger trying to help team members.

At the start of the matches, before the timer counts down, I ask what the plan is.  If I don't get a reply, I make a suggestion.  Low and behold, most of the team do something totally opposite.

Too many treating it as a shoot-em-up and not helping one another.

307 posts
6,413 battles

I d say the same.. your fault.

Wait so its my fault if i reverse into the torps and its my fault for firing the torps behind him ..... Haha Nice troll :trollface: 

However that said if your losing a game, you could run into your own team mates torps to save you money right?  I suspect this is what happened to me :playing:

1,105 posts

So you would class TWO essentially higher tier BB's as sheep, I would hate to be on your team then, "I know, as an Amagi I'm going to try and fight two Montana's, I'm sure I'll scare them away." 

sheep = ship, i call every ship with sheep. because i cannt say sh*t this habbit become replace all shi into shee. btw you will love me in your team since my priority  target is DD. 

You really need to read the original post, I said it was a BAYERN, a tier 6 German BB that was attacking my CV's not the DD's, who were on my team, they were trying to distract the Bayern. As soon as it got within 10km of the CV's they were dead, so I tried to draw it toward me, when that CL charged to it's very pointless death.

my point is just let the CV sunk..... it doesnt matter if it attacked by DD or BB. btw, this is just misunderstanding. i am just talking about when the DD get near, i am usually survive in knife fighting lol

671 posts
1,508 battles

I may not be a Battleship player, but I think Banzai-ing the enemy might not be a good course of action...

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

Wait so its my fault if i reverse into the torps and its my fault for firing the torps behind him ..... Haha Nice troll :trollface: 

However that said if your losing a game, you could run into your own team mates torps to save you money right?  I suspect this is what happened to me :playing:

Who said it your fault if you reverse into torps? It is always the fault of the launcher. 

157 posts
4,084 battles

sheep = ship, i call every ship with sheep. because i cannt say sh*t this habbit become replace all shi into shee. btw you will love me in your team since my priority  target is DD. 

my point is just let the CV sunk..... it doesnt matter if it attacked by DD or BB. btw, this is just misunderstanding. i am just talking about when the DD get near, i am usually survive in knife fighting lol

I wasn't prepared to let my team lose 130 points in 5 seconds, in a domination game type. I made a choice to do what I could for them, while still trying to allow my DD's to ambush the enemy.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Wait so its my fault if i reverse into the torps and its my fault for firing the torps behind him ..... Haha Nice troll :trollface: 

However that said if your losing a game, you could run into your own team mates torps to save you money right?  I suspect this is what happened to me :playing:

Who said it your fault if you reverse into torps? It is always the fault of the launcher.  

It is always the fault of the player who torped. Never torp in a way that will force an ally to do a certain maneuver (or prevent from doing it). Stop encouraging stupid torp players.

And no, you don't get compensation for getting team damage. Only the player dealing damage pays the fine. It goes to WG's bank :trollface:

Edited by icy_phoenix