Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Rant - why oh why are we avoiding the british navy ?

64 comments in this topic

1,480 posts

Greetings

I would like to know why oh why are we avoiding the British navy?

The only units we have are some cruisers, & we had to wait a very long time for them.

We get everything else EXCEPT British BBs & CVs

We get a hundred clones of the same Japanese ships, we get pan Asia (realistically I've never even heard of pan Asia navy) which are ships from the US anyway, we got a solitary French ship, a solitary polish ship, an Australian ship that's included in the commonwealth navy (which is another clone of Leander anyway), we get Mutsu, which is a clone of Nagato...

Sure, the ships are tweaked, so there are small differences.. but basically they are clones

We have or are getting numerous DD splits, BUT STILL NO BRITISH BB OR CV ! Everything but.

The only British battleship we have is Warspite, which I play regularly, that was long time ago.

The British have the most diverse naval history in the world, yet we seem to dance around it... Why?

The specs can't be secret, Everyone wants the British BBs &CVs in the game, there has been many discussions on the possible tier ratings, possible layouts & ranges, everyone would LOVE to spend money on a premium HMS Hood, or HMS Vanguard, or even old predreadnoughts (of any navy)

I find it incredible that the most famous navy in the world is continually being looked over,with of course the exception of the cruisers which we finally got.

Even if they released 1 solitary ship, instead of all these clones, or other nations....

Money would roll in.

this is world of warships, not world of clones, or world of destroyers

I cannot fathom this thinking, can anyone?

Over for discussion.

Ordrazz

520 posts
11,124 battles

Give it time... The game is rather young.  im sure theyre gonna come out with a Royal Navy BB line.... The RN Cruisers are already FANTASTIC as they are.

334 posts
12,973 battles

Here's my theory

When/if player numbers start to decline they can add a couple of tech tree lines to get them back.

99 posts
1,653 battles

It takes time to research, develop and test ship lines; a clone or slight variation takes little time to do and can earn decent money so why not make masses of them.

I'm not interested in RN BB's (seem to be mostly mediocre) and I don't play CV's so it doesn't matter to me,

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

don't worry, it's coming, hopefully this year

think they wanna make it right

after all british BBs are the one everybody's been waiting for and research takes time

especially for the BBs that no longer exist but had hugh reputation 

it's easier to make paper ship than to recreate a line of legends like the british BBs

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

like people have discussed intensively before, it was probably because of the lack of good high tier BBs and the abundance of low and medium tier BBs that are difficult to place properly, but since the high tier KM line is paper ships as well i cant really understand either, but i do hope we get the RNBB line soon

(INB4 RNBBs have gigantic smoke puffs)

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

Greetings

I would like to know why oh why are we avoiding the British navy?

The only units we have are some cruisers, & we had to wait a very long time for them.

We get everything else EXCEPT British BBs & CVs

We get a hundred clones of the same Japanese ships, we get pan Asia (realistically I've never even heard of pan Asia navy) which are ships from the US anyway, we got a solitary French ship, a solitary polish ship, an Australian ship that's included in the commonwealth navy (which is another clone of Leander anyway), we get Mutsu, which is a clone of Nagato...

Sure, the ships are tweaked, so there are small differences.. but basically they are clones

We have or are getting numerous DD splits, BUT STILL NO BRITISH BB OR CV ! Everything but.

The only British battleship we have is Warspite, which I play regularly, that was long time ago.

The British have the most diverse naval history in the world, yet we seem to dance around it... Why?

The specs can't be secret, Everyone wants the British BBs &CVs in the game, there has been many discussions on the possible tier ratings, possible layouts & ranges, everyone would LOVE to spend money on a premium HMS Hood, or HMS Vanguard, or even old predreadnoughts (of any navy)

I find it incredible that the most famous navy in the world is continually being looked over,with of course the exception of the cruisers which we finally got.

Even if they released 1 solitary ship, instead of all these clones, or other nations....

Money would roll in.

this is world of warships, not world of clones, or world of destroyers

I cannot fathom this thinking, can anyone?

Over for discussion.

Ordrazz

Patience, as the Bad Advice Captain gave us a sign last Christmas...

xmas.jpg

And the

that they'll be adding more branches to the RN tree this year. :tea_cap:

Here's my theory

When/if player numbers start to decline they can add a couple of tech tree lines to get them back.

This actually makes sense. They're trying to avoid the situation like in World of Tanks in which after releasing new tank branches almost every update from 2012-2014, there is now a slowdown on putting new tech trees/new tanks (excluding premium vehicles).

Edited by EJL

350 posts

(INB4 RNBBs have gigantic smoke puffs)

I really hoping that they don't...because all our maps would look like this.

POTD-London-Fog_2762001k.jpg

@ topic - be patient as WG themselves said that they would release RN BBs soon

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

If the British archives weren't so uncooperative with providing old documents and schematics, then the development process would be much easier.

Wargaming had to do a little guesswork in World of Tanks for some aspects of the British tank tech trees, because the British archives refused to work with a Belorussian company. Meanwhile, WG had no problems accessing archives in France, Germany, the United States and China.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

Wargaming had to do a little guesswork in World of Tanks for some aspects of the British tank tech trees, because the British archives refused to work with a Belorussian company.

Really? I didn't know that. As I see it, WoT had it easier, being able to partner itself with The Tank Museum. But the archives may be a different thing, so... :tea_cap:

As for Warships, judging by the disclaimer put on the Naval Legends video about the Belfast, yeah, maybe they're having a hard time working with museums and archives.

980 posts
12,617 battles

What's with the focus on British BBs. 

Look at the potential Tier IX of the FRENCH BB Line: The Alsace

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Alsace.svg/1920px-Alsace.svg.png

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints-depot/ships/ships-france/nmf-alsace-battleship.png

I can't wait to play this thing 3x4 380mm guns...probably with enhance penetration, shell velocity, or something for balance. 

And also (potentially) the Tier X 'Super-Alsace' with 4x4 380mm guns. WOW. Imagine hurling 16 15-inch shells towards cruisers every half a minute. Scharnhorst will lose its title as the undisputed 'cruiser-killer'. 

Probably way more fun than RN BB. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

If the British archives weren't so uncooperative with providing old documents and schematics, then the development process would be much easier.

Wargaming had to do a little guesswork in World of Tanks for some aspects of the British tank tech trees, because the British archives refused to work with a Belorussian company. Meanwhile, WG had no problems accessing archives in France, Germany, the United States and China.

that's explained a lot

anyway, T10) RN BB is surely a paper ship

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

that's explained a lot

anyway, T10) RN BB is surely a paper ship

Probably a modernised N class BB would be my guess.

nine 18" guns to square up with Yamato.

HMS Anvil would be a fitting name........

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Because the quirky nature of British design ship, it makes hard to introduce them to game

For Cruiser I once post, how that British favor Light cruiser over heavies, with their flimsy armor. and how it would be dificult to make balanced cruiser tree on par with other nations up to tier 10.

luckily WG done good job, making British Cruiser tree. Im quite satisfied with how they handle brits cruiser quirk

For CV, British again have unusual quirk. 

While US and IJN have same thinking (Whoever goes first strike wins) therefore they both advocate of carrier that carry largest number of aircraft as possible.

The british CV however, is Armored Protected Carrier. that operated in assumption that their CV need to withstand the Enemy air attack (instead meet them with their own fighter), thinning out with their AA gun and picket ships - then go for strike when the enemy air attack is over. british CV need operated close to land, they will always be outnumbered from more numerous land bassed aircraft - so they give up trying to go for numbers advantage like both IJN and USN

This line of thinking, is because British National interest (and overseas colonies), is mostly lies within/near closed waters (like english channel, malaka strait, suez canal and persian gulf etc) instead of open seas like what IJN and USN line of thinking (designed for Pasific or atlantic where threat of Land bassed aircraft is less, hence CV that carry as many aircraft as possible is preffered). 

They also disslike and late adopter of Single seat air supperiority aircraft (like Zero fighter, Grumman F4U corsair etc). their reassoning were 1 pilot cant navigate alone in open seas, and must work in tandem. 

They also initialy dont belive that an Carrier bassed bomber able to carried bomb up to 500lbs, 

How they balance their flavor to game ? from my POV - it was quite hard

For BB and DD they also have strong quirk. that I think I already post it somewhere before

eitherway, the British Navy have strong tradition and unique line of thinking, that IMO quite hard for WG to seek how they approach when building the tech tree

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

A US naval officer who was onboard the HMS Victorious during a kamikaze attack was quoted as saying "When Kamikaze's hit a US carrier, the damage control teams close up to repair damage, but when Kamikaze's hit a British carrier, the cleaners close up to sweep the remains off the deck!"

Armoured flight decks and lifts FTW!

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

I don't think we can see new CVs until the whole class is reworked. :hiding:

248 posts

the game is not young.

i wish people would stop using that excuse.

Its been in development for about 6 years and has been released to the public

for 18 months. some players have already moved on, there are lots of games out there.

If WG expect people to wait 5 years for the one ship they want to play i suggest they put donw the crack pipe and get to work.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,056 battles

the game is not young.

i wish people would stop using that excuse.

Its been in development for about 6 years and has been released to the public

for 18 months. some players have already moved on, there are lots of games out there.

If WG expect people to wait 5 years for the one ship they want to play i suggest they put donw the crack pipe and get to work.

I think WoWS team is slightly being wise by not releasing new tech trees/branches every update like WoT used to do 2-3 years ago. That's why WoT is now stagnating: no new tanks, no new content (except prem vehicles). If WoWS released everything at once, sure, players are happy, but after a few months it'll get boring as the devs are delaying release of whatever content is still possible to add. And boring games will result to players moving on to another game.

I think when the devs release new RN stuff, some (not all) of those who moved on will come back. That's just my two cents. :tea_cap:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't think we can see new CVs until the whole class is reworked. :hiding:

These two quotes right there are the main reason.

Another one is that WG seems to try and appeal to several nationalities early on this time instead of

adding things like czech or swedish tanks 8 years down the line.

Personally I find that better than having 50 russian and german tanks and then slowly adding more nations.

However that's just my opinion.

109 posts
5,101 battles

Where is HMS Hood? WG will profit much if they release that ship to RN fans and I need Hood scrubs so I can detonate them with my Bismarck :trollface:

Still, I heard French BBs gonna come soon this year. Looking forward to the Richelieu with US AA refits. 

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Where is HMS Hood? WG will profit much if they release that ship to RN fans and I need Hood scrubs so I can detonate them with my Bismarck :trollface:

Still, I heard French BBs gonna come soon this year. Looking forward to the Richelieu with US AA refits. 

bowtanking intensifies

48 posts

the british light cruisers are painful.and i wish the heavy cruisers come out soon enough before the release of the battleships/carriers or the italian tech tree

man!! i'm sure italian ships have spaghetti shells

Edited by ArmedRobber

Sign in to follow this