You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WarAlex

Statement regarding recent leaks

80 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
74 posts

Hi all!

We've seen some discussions going regarding the information leaked from the alpha test, specifically about the gameplay videos uploaded on YouTube.

Authors of those videos have put lots of efforts to hide their identity. But using special tools, which we have in our disposal, and analysis of available information, we have found the NDA violators. Still, their nicknames or any other personal information won't be disclosed.

These users were banned from the alpha-test. Moreover, their cases, including personal data and passport scans, have been passed to our legal department. We would like to remind you that Non-Disclosure Act, signed by every single alpha-tester, determines a $100'000 fine for such actions. And the Act itself is much more than just words. 

Some portals, which have not initially deleted the leaked content and even helped to distribute it, also had some close discussions with us. 

In conclusion, we would like to explain you why exactly we have such attitude towards gameplay video and why we do not show it ourselves.

At this moment the World of Warships project is in Alpha stage. During this period we try and test a lot of different concepts. We also shape the game basing on feedback we receive from alpha-testers. Sometimes changes in the game are really fundamental. And some features, which seemed to be the basics, end removed, while those, which seemed impossible to be added to the game, are actually implented. In order to not create false expectations, we hide this process behind the walls of NDA. Alpha-testers firmly adapt to the changes over and over, while writing good amounts of feedback even on smallest features possible. That's why we value them and their help a lot, and that is why alpha-testing is more about working than having fun.

Also you should agree with us that unfinished and bugged product will most probably dissapoint any player, who is not ready for it. And we, developers, want to meet your expectations and create a good game.

On contrary, we do show and tell you about those parts of the game, which quality is high enough , even if they may still change by Open Beta Test stage.

In the end we want to thank you for understanding and patience.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That's what I get for writing for all eternity to reply to Amade's thread.

1on1 copy because lazy:

I think to a certain degree the entire leak situation was made more serious due to Wargaming being afraid of a second WoWP.

Leaving aside for once that devs obviously want their game to succeed, there is also the issue of keeping investors happy

and the games should also make a profit in the end.

Having WoT as the flagship has given Wargaming a lot of strength, but losing out on both WoWP and WoWs could potentially

result in bigger economical issues.

From a player's perspective I'm pro leaks, obviously I am, and any player who is against leaks is a lying cake.

This comes from a pure player perspective leaving everything else outside.

From a completely neutral point of view leaks will harm the game and thus are bad, a quick glance at some of the comments over at the FTR blog showed this quite nicely.

The problem here is that both new/young and "casual" players do not have the knowledge about videogames to understand

just how much different a game is when comparing Alpha to Full release.

Even when shown comparissons they usually do not understand that everything can suddenly do a 180° turn into the opposite direction.

To understand things like this you'd atleast need a basic understanding of game development and even though the information is easy

to find and easy to digest most players simply don't wish to spend precious free time committed to reading about development or watching long

videos about it on youtube.

The above posted response from the devs was needed, the important part here is not that the leakers were "dealt with", the important

part is that the leaks themselves were adressed.

I've read on the FTR blog that an official video with ingame footage is currently being made, which I personally find most important after these leaks.

Tldr:

Leaks in theory are a good thing for the playerbase, but will usually damage the game and thus also the playerbase by influencing uninformed players.

I.e. leaks are bad, atleast in the initial alpha/beta stages of a game.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

That's what I get for writing for all eternity to reply to Amade's thread.

Sorry, I removed it to make way for Alex's official statement :-P

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Sorry, I removed it to make way for Alex's official statement :-P

Np, luckily I have a habit of writing longer posts in a text document.

[SASEB]
Alpha Tester
3 posts
1,984 battles

actually not just youtube,i see some 240p video on bilibili,the video site from china

Edited by icac0003

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

Those who leaked, should be issues court summons, and should be fined.

If the don't, you're setting the precedent that a breach of NDA only results in a "Can't test Alpha anymore" which in itself isn't a very harsh deterrent.

Alpha Tester
22 posts
872 battles

If the don't, you're setting the precedent that a breach of NDA only results in a "Can't test Alpha anymore" which in itself isn't a very harsh deterrent.

You serious?  

Bad cop.  :p 

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

I believe the EU post has made mention of WG seeking legal advice... Rest assured that they put the heavy fines in for a reason so once they get the nod from the lawyers I'd imagine WG will take them to court

Will we get details of this?

No

Alpha Tester
265 posts

You serious?  

Bad cop.  :p 

the contract that tester signed is real contract bounded by law

breaking the contract is akin to criminal breach of trust

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Sadly there are quite a few countries that don't recognise international laws/contracts especially those revolving around the internet.

However in case that WG can't press into a lawsuit (very likely) they can still legally perma ban the entire account.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like to lose my account. :x

WG will send their babies to punish you.

Wargaming has it's own police unit to deal with this sort of situation. :coin:

deR72V9.gif

Alpha Tester
22 posts
872 battles

Ok.   :smiles:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

gg Alpha Testers who breached their agreement. They probably think the agreement is just a piece of paper and a joke that WG wouldn't send legals, now they did. Hahaha

P.S.: I thought the NDA is Non-Disclosure Agreement. I signed NDA in the company.

Can I take those open space for alpha testing post? *looks innocently* Wo~!
Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Gotta love people who don't understand NDAs.

I wish best of luck for them breaching a contract which they signed happily/willingly.

Edited by ExESGO

Super Tester
2,725 posts

thats 1 hefty fine for a few mins Video

Leaks are now scary to me ._.

For ordinary people, it's ok. But for an alpha tester, its game content are scary especially they're confidential information. What scares me the most is the Legals especially the fines & expenses for the court defense. O___O

Alpha Tester
56 posts
166 battles

For ordinary people, it's ok. But for an alpha tester, its game content are scary especially they're confidential information. What scares me the most is the Legals especially the fines & expenses for the court defense. O___O

nearly a 5 Million PHP Fine

Even a drug pusher gets a more lax fine(well according to our laws anyways)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Keep in mind that leaking game footage would be called industrial espionage in other industries.

Try getting into a company that produces cars, then leak information about their newest car... enjoy.

Alpha Tester
265 posts

Keep in mind that leaking game footage would be called industrial espionage in other industries.

Try getting into a company that produces cars, then leak information about their newest car... enjoy.

many tester don't know or simply don care , thats the risk of lottery selection

if WG decide to choose their tester directly , other ppl will complain that its unfair ,

but if they keep up this like this , is better WG just choose

Alpha Tester
5 posts
83 battles

so uh....is this the reason why we don't have any news and updates of our download links after the invitation is valid?

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

well i hope they make an example out of these idiots,if not to show to others that an   nda breach is a serious thing and not just some tick and flick contract

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

I can safely say that a majority of people don't read these things, sign the NDA so "I cen shot wersheps"

Should be like Blizzards NDA that actually times how long you were on the NDA page for, as if you scrolled down to the bottom (to activate the accept button) it says "it took you 2.5 seconds to read this NDA, please read it properly" or something along those lines.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

That's how pleading not guilty to the court is done. Fight your way to lower the sentences & fines. That's how corruption played in the game in our country's justice system.

don't want to talk about it now.... end topic on that. period.

And that's how Non-Disclosure Agreement played in the Employee's Endorsement & Contract.

Edited by Mingfang47

64 posts
274 battles

Hi all!

We've seen some discussions going regarding the information leaked from the alpha test, specifically about the gameplay videos uploaded on YouTube.

Authors of those videos have put lots of efforts to hide their identity. But using special tools, which we have in our disposal, and analysis of available information, we have found the NDA violators. Still, their nicknames or any other personal information won't be disclosed.

These users were banned from the alpha-test. Moreover, their cases, including personal data and passport scans, have been passed to our legal department. We would like to remind you that Non-Disclosure Act, signed by every single alpha-tester, determines a $100'000 fine for such actions. And the Act itself is much more than just words. 

Some portals, which have not initially deleted the leaked content and even helped to distribute it, also had some close discussions with us. 

In conclusion, we would like to explain you why exactly we have such attitude towards gameplay video and why we do not show it ourselves.

At this moment the World of Warships project is in Alpha stage. During this period we try and test a lot of different concepts. We also shape the game basing on feedback we receive from alpha-testers. Sometimes changes in the game are really fundamental. And some features, which seemed to be the basics, end removed, while those, which seemed impossible to be added to the game, are actually implented. In order to not create false expectations, we hide this process behind the walls of NDA. Alpha-testers firmly adapt to the changes over and over, while writing good amounts of feedback even on smallest features possible. That's why we value them and their help a lot, and that is why alpha-testing is more about working than having fun.

Also you should agree with us that unfinished and bugged product will most probably dissapoint any player, who is not ready for it. And we, developers, want to meet your expectations and create a good game.

On contrary, we do show and tell you about those parts of the game, which quality is high enough , even if they may still change by Open Beta Test stage.

In the end we want to thank you for understanding and patience.

why u so hush hush so bad give us some gameplay videos for god's sakes then