Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Burnt_Out_Koalas

Detonation Smoke

10 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,412 battles

Well we have all seen the famous magazine detonation picture of the Yamato and it gets me to ask why don't we ask the devs to include this as a nice part of the gaming.  It could even be used for smaller ships as a smoke screen ;)

Anyway it also got me thinking, how many of you had a Detonation in a BB?  I haven't but i rarely play them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go#/media/File:Yamato_battleship_explosion.jpg

99 posts
1,653 battles

It would be interesting to have more realistic detonations; but would be better for the game to remove them, also I think there is enough smoke in the game already.

I have been detonated in BB at very start of the battle by TB's, I haven't seen BB's detonate that often though except in rare cursed games where there are 4-5 detonations.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

I would like realistic explosions (after a detonation), but just for aesthetics, not something ships can use as a smoke screen.

I don't remember when was the last time I got detonated in a BB. Back when I was playing the Wyoming, maybe? Maybe mounting the magazine modifcation upgrade works. :tea_cap:

980 posts
12,617 battles

I would like realistic explosions (after a detonation), but just for aesthetics, not something ships can use as a smoke screen.

I don't remember when was the last time I got detonated in a BB. Back when I was playing the Wyoming, maybe? Maybe mounting the magazine modifcation upgrade works. :tea_cap:

A few days ago, I was detonated in my Arizona. 

By dive bombers from a Hiryu hitting the armoured deck in front of the superstructure. 

Very much like the actual real detonation. Except I wasn't in the ship, of course. 

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Plz make detonations look like this.

A few days ago, I was detonated in my Arizona. 

By dive bombers from a Hiryu hitting the armoured deck in front of the superstructure. 

Very much like the actual real detonation. Except I wasn't in the ship, of course. 

That's some lucky Hiryu. How much hp did you have before detonating? :tea_cap:
Edited by EJL

980 posts
12,617 battles

Full :angry:

And then next game I got detonated by a torpedo lol. Half my HP on that one. 

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

Full :angry:

And then next game I got detonated by a torpedo lol. Half my HP on that one. 

Better mount Juliet Charlie flags next time. or put a magazine mod :tea_cap:

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

It feels like detonation now only occurs when HP are low where as before it often happened when I was full health? Might just be me but I remember just starting a game and having one shell clip the edge of my ship and KABOOOM, must have sparked off the edge :) Now it only seems to happen when I'm low health. 

8 posts
4 battles

Plz make detonations look like this.

I posted this vid a while ago..... and then someone pointed out what the little black dots were. Mods removed the link for me.

Sign in to follow this