You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arcane_Dream

Suggestion to make Torp boat viable

14 comments in this topic

Super Tester
419 posts
4,198 battles

Right now most people want an IJN DD buff, WG meanwhile don't want the old 20km meta coming back so I suggest this idea

F3 torp go 70 knots, 8 km range, 1.4 concealment. Enough to blow off BB with maximum concealment build. 8 km mean very close to cruiser for them to counterplay with radar and sonar because they are build to counter DD, tier 9-10 both DD and CA

Type 93 have 4 mod

Mod 0 59 knots, 10 km range, 1.2 concealment, avaible to tier 6-7-8. Basically better than Benson torp overall. In order to keep it balance, the reload on tier 6-7 will need adjustment

Mod 1 62 knots, 10 km range, 1.7 concealment, tier 7-8 gunboat line only. Shiratsuyu torp reload is still good to rekt BB, but less killing cruiser with wall of skill. No upgrade. This is because Akizuki is already doing very well, and shiratsuyu straight up best non-premium DD of its tier.

Mod 2 62 knots, 15 km range, 1.9 concealment, tier 7-8-9-10 torp boat line. Safely to use and in return less rewarding

Mod 3 67 knots, 10 km range, 1.6 concealment, tier 7-8-9. Fast speed exchange for detection. Better against sonar, worse against agile ship.

A mod 4 exlusively for Shimakaze, 20km range, 62 knots, 2.2 concealment. Safe is guarantee. Kill isn't

What do you guy think?

Edited by Arcane_Dream

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

But, is torpedo range the main problem torpedo boats are facing? Not sure how I feel about the 62kts 20km torpedo idea. What difference does it make from Mod2? As a destroyer, Shimakaze should be around caps, but I feel like this is promoting blue line failed attempts of backstabbing.

250 posts
13,136 battles

Right now most people want an IJN DD buff, WG meanwhile don't want the old 20km meta coming back so I suggest this idea

F3 torp go 70 knots, 8 km range, 1.4 concealment. Enough to blow off BB with maximum concealment build. 8 km mean very close to cruiser for them to counterplay with radar and sonar because they are build to counter DD, tier 9-10 both DD and CA

Type 93 have 4 mod

Mod 0 59 knots, 10 km range, 1.2 concealment, avaible to tier 6-7-8. Basically better than Benson torp overall. In order to keep it balance, the reload on tier 6-7 will need adjustment

Mod 1 62 knots, 10 km range, 1.7 concealment, tier 7-8 gunboat line only. Shiratsuyu torp reload is still good to rekt BB, but less killing cruiser with wall of skill. No upgrade. This is because Akizuki is already doing very well, and shiratsuyu straight up best non-premium DD of its tier.

Mod 2 62 knots, 15 km range, 1.9 concealment, tier 7-8-9-10 torp boat line. Safely to use and in return less rewarding

Mod 3 67 knots, 10 km range, 1.6 concealment, tier 7-8-9. Fast speed exchange for detection. Better against sonar, worse against agile ship.

A mod 4 exlusively for Shimakaze, 20km range, 62 knots, 2.2 concealment. Safe is guarantee. Kill isn't

What do you guy think?

Want IJN DD viable again?

just return old torpedo detection range back (I never ask for 20 km to be back though)

or just slap torpedo reload booster on every IJN DD

problem solved, sir :honoring:

Super Tester
419 posts
4,198 battles

Want IJN DD viable again?

just return old torpedo detection range back (I never ask for 20 km to be back though)

or just slap torpedo reload booster on every IJN DD

problem solved, sir :honoring:

So that IJN DD can hunt any ship in game because of ridiculous concealment on both ship and torp?

So that every IJN DD going to wall of skill for easy kill?

It don't solve the problem, it make IJN blatantly Overpower. Shiratsuyu is already best performing non premium DD in tier 7 due to that crap.

Torpedo are suppose to be anti capital ship weapon, not the 1 button and I win mode. For 1 button win, go and google 'Nuke'

Super Tester
419 posts
4,198 battles

But, is torpedo range the main problem torpedo boats are facing? Not sure how I feel about the 62kts 20km torpedo idea. What difference does it make from Mod2? As a destroyer, Shimakaze should be around caps, but I feel like this is promoting blue line failed attempts of backstabbing.

Biggest problem is high detection range on torp. F3 currently have 2,5km detection range, while lower tier have 1,7 km detection regardless of ship. US torp have worse speed and better concealment, giving people less reaction time 

2,215 posts
13,673 battles

I think the detection ranges of torps are pretty good. Without vigilance skill you have to be very mindful to stay safe and with vigilance you have to be pretty careless to be unsafe. I would not alter torps.

I think IJN dd could be buffed simply by adding a little speed and agility. This way they can still get gunned down if they careless, but they can escape if they careful.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Pick either of these:

1. General Torpedo Reload reduction 
  2. Adding 30s TRB in a separated slot on all Torpedo Boat from t7 and above 
  3. Revert gun HE alpha dmg nerf

1,124 posts

problem of IJNDD is not topedo, it the ship itself

to make super dangerous gunboat (gearing) have equal concealment at torpedo boat is 'unfair' since one side can gun fight the other can't

IJNDD (torpedo line) should have at least 500m better conceal to over all gunboat, so they can turn and runaway in time (torpedo? those gunboat can laugh and dodge with ease) and should 'always' have better conceal than previous tier of it's own line.

but....

regardless of what are we talking in here

WG will NEVER EVER FOREVER listen. :( 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

True. Shimakaze should be in the Middle cap. Its sounded like a bad idea. But boy. its true. You have the furthest torpedo if u are using the Stock unhittable 20km torps. It should be good for Area denial. 

12km is option. Since gearing have 13.5km with TA. soooooo :<

250 posts
13,136 battles

So that IJN DD can hunt any ship in game because of ridiculous concealment on both ship and torp?

So that every IJN DD going to wall of skill for easy kill?

It don't solve the problem, it make IJN blatantly Overpower. Shiratsuyu is already best performing non premium DD in tier 7 due to that crap.

Torpedo are suppose to be anti capital ship weapon, not the 1 button and I win mode. For 1 button win, go and google 'Nuke'

The appearance of radar, sonar and DD hunter like USN and RU tell me otherwise

when you run high tier, WASD hack should be strong for player and also situational awareness (sure I'd suggest rebuff BB manoeuvrability to counter it) 

for poi, I agree that she need to get 30s version instead of 5s where she cannot spam poi too often

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Lets see problem with Torpedo boats.

Terrible acceleration
Slow speed (for some)
Bad gun handling, used to have tradeoff with good HE alpha which now no longer exists

Torp reload is not much faster than USN at higher tiers

Torps get spotted far away
Concealment is comparable to USN.  This plus poor maneuverability makes it easily spotted if one does not position properly
CV food

Making torps great does not help the fact that torps in general are very unreliable and (usually) only good for deleting noobs.  Once competent people come to play its all about the guns.

683 posts
7,332 battles

Wonder how many of us been through the time before IJN torps were nerfed. IJN DD was once a powerful line. Long range hard hitting torps. Been in a larger ship really would have a very bad time if came face to face to 1 or 2 ninja, keep on throwing daggers at you... not to mention when they team up, torpedo soup was so devastating back then. IJN DD could stay concealed for the whole match just firing torpedoes..

But I do agree IJN DD are now at a disadvantage... I just don't want torpedo soup to recur again :(