Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

i think iv debunked why no one doesnt push no more

15 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

its cause of both the player and  everything has torps now cruiser dds (to be expected though) heck even bbs now have a form of torps and also now there is so many ships that can light fires with ease.

and concealment is a joke a plane can see me through a mountain yet i cant see its plane until it comes over it and the fact that a cruiser can fire in open water and still shot while unspotted is bull

Edited by THUNDERCOMMANDER4

112 posts
5,463 battles

its cause of both the player and  everything has torps now cruiser dds (to be expected though) heck even bbs now have a form of torps and also now there is so many ships that can light fires with ease.

and concealment is a joke a plane can see me through a mountain yet i cant see its plane until it comes over it and the fact that a cruiser can fire in open water and still shot while unspotted is bull

The problem is map design (high tier anyway).

No cover - CA can't push or 'decide a game' CA can't push gives DD free reign. DD having free reign means BB are scared to push (unless well supported). BB not pushing leads to a culture (meta) of BBs never pushing/tanking because they can't rely on support. 

Now few players (high tier unicums are the exception) know when to make 'the play'. 

WG - fix maps, add cover. Make maps smaller. Meta will change.

753 posts
8,965 battles

WG - fix maps, add cover.

Not one naval engagement throughout history where opposing ships hid behind islands.

Too much cover, invisible firing and invisible DD's spamming torps which are all totally unrealistic is why nobody pushes.

Bring back that open map with no islands I say, I enjoyed that one the most.

112 posts
5,463 battles

Not one naval engagement throughout history where opposing ships hid behind islands.

Too much cover, invisible firing and invisible DD's spamming torps which are all totally unrealistic is why nobody pushes.

Bring back that open map with no islands I say, I enjoyed that one the most.

You must be a BB player.

Let's have a game where people sit at max distance taking pot shots at each other for 20 mins. Sounds fun.

753 posts
8,965 battles

You must be a BB player.

Let's have a game where people sit at max distance taking pot shots at each other for 20 mins. Sounds fun.

I play all ship classes except CV but mostly DD's.

460 posts
8,327 battles

Ocean got a bad rap, it isn't that bad a map for most ships except maybe cruisers. And yeah everyone hiding behind islands feels silly, but it's what people do as they have brought their skills over from WoT. Closer brawls can and did happen on ocean even with BBs partly cause their guns work even better at closer ranges. Unfortunately hiding behind islands is practically necessary for some ships, so it's not going away unless that is changed. I agree it's silly that ships can fire their guns and be unspotted. The gun flashes are quite large for warship guns and should give away your position even in smoke. but that would break some destroyers and cruisers which would need some other way of surviving and doing damage, so unless someone has a better idea what we have will have to do. Perhaps at least BB guns should reveal them in smoke when fired (for a short time)

124 posts

A teamwork based game that relied on damages dealt to earn rewards to grind both captain and ship tiers, that is multiplied if winning matches and win 1st game of the day, which you can only earn a lot if you stayed alive and deal damage until the end of the match while hoping your teammates do the tanking, although you could potentially throw the match while tunnel visioned to deal as much damage, also get the kill and ignored the objective, which incidentally get less rewarded for losing the match.

That's the problem with players of that mindset when logging into WoWS.

Maybe WG could do a test: create a team deathmatch mode and see how many players will play it over a long period of time. The only objective is kill and you get significantly a lot and the only rewards for it. The only map is Ocean.

1,493 posts

You must be a BB player.

It is, when you land a citadel or 2..       :D

Yes, I'm a BB player too.... Though these days a more aggressive one

I love a good brawl.

The trouble is when you DO get into a good brawl, some interfering ships always like an easy kill, so they shoot you too, stuffing the brawl up, they don't think that the players are enjoying the encounter..

When I'm in a brawl In my BBs I NEVER ask for help, nor want it, nor do I want other enemy ships sneaking up or shooting at me looking for that easy kill whilst I'm engaged in single combat.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
33 posts
10,026 battles

The trouble is the HE fire spamming meta now.  Push - burn to death, no support, torpedo spam, HE spam - not fun game play.  This has single handedly ruined the game and is in no way "SKILL".  cruisers cant hit DDs because it's diffucult at range, so everyone fires at CAs and BBs - DDs in turn torp everyone - match ends in total disaster...

Get rid of invisifiring and HE spamming - game play will improve dramatically...

Oh wait - I rely on invisifiring to stay alive - well at max range (invisifiring), you have more than enough time to dodge the incoming shot!!!

Recent Ranked match, I witnessed 2 BBs on the north map hiding below the big island south of the normal "C" cap (B in ranked) to hide from the HE spam - disgraceful!!!!  Absolutely no use to the team!!!!

435 posts
6,169 battles

The problem is map design (high tier anyway).

No cover - CA can't push or 'decide a game' CA can't push gives DD free reign. DD having free reign means BB are scared to push (unless well supported). BB not pushing leads to a culture (meta) of BBs never pushing/tanking because they can't rely on support.

Now few players (high tier unicums are the exception) know when to make 'the play'.

WG - fix maps, add cover. Make maps smaller. Meta will change.

From the voices of unicum’s and super tester's, early 2016 all the maps went through a lowering of all the mountains, it suited them and them alone. For all the average players and newbies it was a disaster so later 2016 via a tectonic shift from WG, all the mountains started grow so gameplay could suit everybody.

But top tier maps still have low terrain. I think this is still a good for top tier because it should be more about the technical ability of players and not hiding behind islands.

Everybody complains about the ocean map but if you have to play it alot you will eventually get awareness. Ocean map should more active for tiers 7 and 8 than what’s currently allowed.

OP: I think the lack of teamwork is the real culprit, the failure of learning it through grinding all the tiers, especially for solo players, rare to find div players failing upwards.

Inappropriate Content. Post Edited. User Warned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by BuckleUpBones

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

most CA's torps are useless and only when targets get to sub 6km, so only for self defence(atago and RNCLs are exceptions)

there's a concealment for planes, the only joke is you ranting about it when you dont understand the mechanics of it yourself

invisifire is BS, i agree

Edited by drakon233

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Ocean got a bad rap, it isn't that bad a map for most ships except maybe cruisers.

Can't believe they locked Ocean to T10 and kept it rare!They could have kept it for mid tiers and up and just kept the pop up rate down.Had it a few times late last year and was actually fun.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Because some maps exist.

Like Tears of the Desert, Okinawa, Ocean, Islands of Ice.

Some maps have very little cover near objectives, or cover in general.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Because some maps exist.

Like Tears of the salty players, OkiNA(CL)wa, Ocean, Islands of salt.

Some maps have very little cover near objectives, or cover in general.

fixed

Sign in to follow this