You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rocdocta

Cant get past Rank 10... what is the average player rank?

28 comments in this topic

19 posts
5,144 battles

Now i like to see myself as average. But i just cant bust into rank 9. i got 3 out of 4 stars but then slid all the way back to rank 12 or 11. What everyones rank ceiling that they have found?

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

I had same experience this year and last. Very hard to break free from 10. MM keeps giving unfair distribution making defeat almost certain.

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

R20-4th Season (First timer)

R16-5th Season (TryHard mode engaged)

R18-6th Season (Nopenopenope, win one battle thats all)

Average 18, my brain like to farts.

Ranked no fun any more heh

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

What grinds my gears the most is when you protect someone with your smoke to support the team, then they beat you to first spot by a couple of points when your team loses.

112 posts
5,463 battles

Now i like to see myself as average. But i just cant bust into rank 9. i got 3 out of 4 stars but then slid all the way back to rank 12 or 11. What everyones rank ceiling that they have found?

An 'average' player with enough grinding will get r1 eventually. You have been definitely 'under-average'. There is no 'personal ceiling' rank in WoWs, rather how much effort you are willing to put in to either a.) improve or b.) fail your way to the top. 

Alternatively c.) give up

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

An 'average' player with enough grinding will get r1 eventually. You have been definitely 'under-average'. There is no 'personal ceiling' rank in WoWs, rather how much effort you are willing to put in to either a.) improve or b.) fail your way to the top. 

I would like to fail my way to the top but I never get any players to carry me when I potato, so I have to play well all the time to have any chance of success :(

19 posts
5,144 battles

dont get me wrong, my awesome 46% is not flash. But i have been playing ranked for the past 7 days and that says 53%. i am happy with 53% in ranked.  

if you understood the post it was "what rank is/feels beyond your grasp?" i did 14 to 11 in one day and thought the rest would be easy. 

BTW basic grinding cant get you to rank 1. You will just stay put. 

307 posts
6,413 battles

Played 3 games ... won 2 and lost 1 .... our Negato decided he was a destroyer for some crazy reason.  That was enough for me to say errr no point in playing ranked.  Learnt that the Shchors is a Fire Magnet in ranked and that the Mahan no-one seems to bother targeting you.   Since i lost game money except on the first game and i don't seem to like the format, i wont be bothering to play it again.

[AUSNZ]
33 posts
10,026 battles

Ranked is a game of MM. Good team win, potato team - lose, there it is.  Play enough games and you'll eventually move up (or down the rankings to 1).  It's funny how the majority of games are a white wash one way or another, one team may lose 1 maybe 2 team members and the other team is annihilated.

Edited by Sharri

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

Ranked of SS6

Play Gnei all team mate dead, U R the last one:facepalm:

Play Shiratsuyu no CA support:angry:

Play Shchors bait role run around and shoot, all lost:izmena:

Play PepsiCola slowly move up:nerv_fish:

Colorado waiting:read_fish:

Edited by MatterCore

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,434 battles

Got 7 season before last before I ran out of will, 14 last season for same reason and now at 14 this one and last night stayed in cue for 1min didn't drop and then used that as an excuse to go play random hehe.

I've seen vids with Rank 5 players who were obviously not overly skilled or burdened with high intellect, it does seem to be those whop are willing to grind will get there, but never been there so I can't say for sure.

19 posts
5,144 battles

after the battle i notice that i am in battles with rank 17 guys as well. This cant be helping lower tiers get a win if lower skill players are with them still doing dumb things like suiciding dds

[EIYBF]
Beta Tester
1 post
5,373 battles

Hi Guys, long time reader first time poster ;\

glad i stumbled on this thread, i have been playing since the Beta access and love the game but this ranked season is giving me the sh1ts

i actually made it to level 8 but since then its been lose lose lose win lose lose lose lose! now im sitting at level 10 (2 stars) and now am of the opinion - its just a game, chill and see how it goes.

really wanted to get to lvl 1!

incidentally, when i made it to lvl 8 i had a premium account, as soon as it ran out the losses started......... coincidence? would be great to know the stats around lvl 1 players without a prem account 

892 posts
7,853 battles

Hi Guys, long time reader first time poster ;\

glad i stumbled on this thread, i have been playing since the Beta access and love the game but this ranked season is giving me the sh1ts

i actually made it to level 8 but since then its been lose lose lose win lose lose lose lose! now im sitting at level 10 (2 stars) and now am of the opinion - its just a game, chill and see how it goes.

really wanted to get to lvl 1!

incidentally, when i made it to lvl 8 i had a premium account, as soon as it ran out the losses started......... coincidence? would be great to know the stats around lvl 1 players without a prem account 

​Premium has no effect on the outcome of rank battles.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

19, played one battle of ranked, won it and haven't played ranked since :P

That's what i did in season 1, Still wondering why I haven't received my Flint or Black yet  :teethhappy: