Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Need help with Edinburgh

8 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I have just finished Fiji a few days ago and started Edinburgh just today.

Just upgraded hull, stock torp stock FCS.

I played her bad and I feed bad.(drakon can confirm this) But I guess it's about the meta, I'm too much used to my old Fiji play style which isn't working in the high tiers.

I'll try fix it myself, but

1.I'm finding Edinburgh's maneuverability sucks, shall I just pick rudder M3 to counter this or stick with the traditional concealment?

2.Next upgrade, torp or FCS?

Edited by _Halcyon

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,063 battles

I would consider the Edinburgh to be similar to the Leander in strength, at T8 you suddenly face a multitude of radar ships which will just demolish you and your AP doesn't improve from the Fiji so you don't do as much damage. I would still go for concealment as the rudder won't save you as often as not being seen will IMO, Go for the FCS before torps as you still only get 3 per side so not that great TBH. The good news is that you are nearly at the Neptune which has a similar DPS jump from the Leander to the Fiji(Pinnacle of the line) who's AP is significantly stronger has better AA and is surprisingly tanky for a CL.

[LBAS]
4,502 posts
25,688 battles

Upgrade: Main Armaments Modification 1

Damage Control System Modification 1

AA Guns Modification 2

Steering Gears Modification 2

Concealment System Modification 1

Module: Hull-->range-->torp

520 posts
11,127 battles

The Edinburgh is a FIJI with BETTER AA, BETTER REPAIR.. BUT.. same Guns as Fiji.

I play it as i would a Fiji, but you have to be a tad bit more conscious of where you are, and what is around you in the map because most ships, in the same tier, pose a bigger threat to you then you did FIJI in tier 7.

But overall... Edinburgh is a great ship.... though, if FIJI was a bit OP for tier 7,  The tier 8 counterpart is AT PAR with other ships in the same tier.

Good luck Captain!

[LBAS]
4,502 posts
25,688 battles

step in T8, its a hard time for RN CL, 1 salvo from NC Iowa Yamato will send Edin to the deep

advance with caution, look around and choose target wisely

Edited by MatterCore

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles

I have just finished Fiji a few days ago and started Edinburgh just today.

Just upgraded hull, stock torp stock FCS.

I played her bad and I feed bad.(drakon can confirm this) But I guess it's about the meta, I'm too much used to my old Fiji play style which isn't working in the high tiers.

I'll try fix it myself, but

1.I'm finding Edinburgh's maneuverability sucks, shall I just pick rudder M3 to counter this or stick with the traditional concealment?

2.Next upgrade, torp or FCS?

you really shouldnt have tried to smoke me that match lol, that was your only mistake

Edinburgh is a lot more squishy then fiji, and she runs into much more deadly opponents, so the ship isnt that much of a upgrade over the fiji in term of tier for tier strength, you should hug islands (not the big one we hugged that match) and ambush DDs with your concealment, smoke camping and spamming BBs also works if you want to, dont try ti duel atagos or MKs in the same tier bracket, and you shoule be fine

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

you really shouldnt have tried to smoke me that match lol, that was your only mistake

To me that wasn't a mistake tho. Reason is obvious, I never run out of smoke in an Edinburgh, I always got sunk before that. So a smoke puff was wasted, no big deal, I got plenty.

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,704 battles

Took me a few games but I really like her now and do well.  Its all about being aware of the map and whats around you.  smoke when you can and have people to spot, im not scared to get in there and hunt those DDs.  last game was a kracken in a tier X match with her.  Dont be too scared of damage as that massive heal brings you back to life :) 

Sign in to follow this