You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_ExecutiveOrder_

Turret firing angle need to be fixed?

14 comments in this topic

49 posts
6,861 battles

Should WG fix some ship firing angle for some of their turret? Aim tighter to possible structure, misc or another armament?

Example for SMS Kaiser.

No disturbance, still can't get firing position? (Turret no. 2) The little boat must be not a problem since it's not touching gun barrel, even aiming at closest range.

And when aim a a little bit to front, it's able to fire, but there's some wire obstruct firing position, and still getting firing position? 2nd turret firing range just a few degrees around those wires. (Sorry, the wires aren't visible due to bad setting)

And It's a bit loose to nearby front bridge superstructure, need better angle.

Spoiler
14jtbw3.jpg

And some other ships...

What do you think about this?

Thanks for your attention!

Edited by Ilham_Zainulhaq

1,105 posts

its design is annoying indeed, but its the sheep designer problem not WG. it cannt shoot from every angle because it will hit its own superstructure. but deal with it, only 22K xp again to reach  Koenig. the KM BB is brawler not a sniper, utilize all main turret its not really usefull, dont show your broadside bro!

2,222 posts
13,720 battles

What I find most interesting about this picture is the discrepancy in direction between the turrets on the ship, the turret indicator bottom left, and the aim indicator on the minimap. It looks wrong because they are all pointing in different directions.

Edited by keskparane

49 posts
6,861 battles

There is a disturbance, turret  if firing would hit B turret, it's actually really obvious.

B? 3? Based on ship indicator, seems right. But not what I see on the ship. Even if I turn the 2nd turret aim be a bit more far from 3rd turret, it's still can't get to firing position.

What I find most interesting about this picture is the discrepancy in direction between the turrets on the ship, the turret indicator bottom left, and the aim indicator on the minimap. It looks wrong because they are all pointing in different directions.

Aim indicator? The 'cone' line sight on the minimap? It's depend where I'm look (camera). Armament locked, no targeting indicator shown to enemy ship.

2,222 posts
13,720 battles

Aim indicator? The 'cone' line sight on the minimap? It's depend where I'm look (camera). Armament locked, no targeting indicator shown to enemy ship.

Ahh yes. So it is. And to think that was the bit I edited the post to include :facepalm:

411 posts
6,164 battles

Mostly some low tier ships have this kind of issue, I can't remember a mid/high tier ship that has such problem... just grind past it.

49 posts
6,861 battles

Mostly some low tier ships have this kind of issue, I can't remember a mid/high tier ship that has such problem... just grind past it.

GK 4th turret must have better firing angle than the 3rd one. I can't remember the other...

411 posts
6,164 battles

GK 4th turret must have better firing angle than the 3rd one. I can't remember the other...

Nope... the firing angle with 4th turret is perfectly fine and is same in case of Freddy. The reason for this is the Arresting System(Don't know the exact name) that holds the plane in Catapult. See here :

jQQFyVt.jpg

That's why the 4th turret can't turn further...:smart_fish:On another note, you will only be able to see this while in game, not in port...:hmm:

411 posts
6,164 battles

GK requires 45 degrees to shoot full broadside. Even worse than the already bad FDG.

Really ? I'm still on FDG so don't know about that...

49 posts
6,861 battles

Oh yeah, the catapult.

That's right, GK need 45 degrees to use 3rd and 4th turret...

With angling like that, light armored outer armor of the turtle back unlike her counterparts, almost can't bounce another BB shells. USN special AP shells, ricochet doesn't occur, even with 30 degrees angle, they just destroyed, and when within close combat, major problem for this extremely huge ship.

More penetration, more damage... at least 50% able to recover, 40% greater than citadel hit (just 10%)

Basically, less armor, more incoming damage potential . But hard to be citadel'ed.

411 posts
6,164 battles

Oh yeah, the catapult.

That's right, GK need 45 degrees to use 3rd and 4th turret...

With angling like that, light armored outer armor of the turtle back unlike her counterparts, almost can't bounce another BB shells. USN special AP shells, ricochet doesn't occur, even with 30 degrees angle, they just destroyed, and when within close combat, major problem for this extremely huge ship.

More penetration, more damage... at least 50% able to recover, 40% greater than citadel hit (just 10%)

Basically, less armor, more incoming damage potential . But hard to be citadel'ed.

The way GK eats shells is ridiculous... it's like avg.10-15k per salvo:sceptic:I like broadside GKs for that reason... :D

460 posts
8,327 battles

The answer isn't that obvious, but it's pretty simple. It's the gun/muzzle flash that prevents the guns firing in these circumstances. The flash can cause significant damage to super structure and many turrets had their arcs limited because of that. I'd say they are probably using historic limitations on turret rotation in most cases.