You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rikugetsa

New Client

26 comments in this topic

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Nah, as stated in anotehr post by AALG, the current client and teh Weekend Client is so far apart it is no different than downloading a new one.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Weekend Test clients were using a different server, alpha testers' clients have their own, and that server now becomes the CBT's server...that is why we are needed to download the "alpha/CBT" client for us beta testers....

:honoring:

Beta Tester
23 posts

Nah, as stated in anotehr post by AALG, the current client and teh Weekend Client is so far apart it is no different than downloading a new one.

I'm sure you *CAN* modify the weekend launcher's .cfg file to download the alpha launcher & client

you can also already download the alpha client, anyone can, though it is not linked on the homepage

Edited by The_Seeker

Beta Tester
23 posts

You need to register on the .asia portal for Beta Status before u cna DL the game.

You don't have to register at all, even.  The launcher pulls updates before you log in, right?  Well, where does it pull those updates from... A public, non-encryped and non-credential protected file hosting server.  All you've got to do is pretend your browser is the launcher & find that said file hosting server.  You'll need to register to use that client though.
Edited by The_Seeker

Beta Tester
23 posts

I wish i don't have to download any new client again in future :D:D:D 

but how else will we acquire stronk soviet battleship?  only through update can we receive glorious soviet ship in future

Beta Tester
17 posts
995 battles

I'm pretty sure i'm using the old client from the weekend test a while back. I can actually log in right now and play. It says client version is 0.3.0 and that I'm connecting to the 'WoWS CBT Asia" server. Must still be the alpha version, maybe.

Beta Tester
23 posts

I'm pretty sure i'm using the old client from the weekend test a while back. I can actually log in right now and play. It says client version is 0.3.0 and that I'm connecting to the 'WoWS CBT Asia" server. Must still be the alpha version, maybe.

Yes, that's the alpha client, then.  I'd not know because I am not a beta tester (yet), but I think they gave weekend testers access a day early, I've already seen CBT youtube gameplay from today.
Edited by The_Seeker

Beta Tester
17 posts
995 battles

This game is gonna be the best of it's kind no doubt. Am very looking forward to the Royal Navy and their cruisers!

Eventually when they come out :).

Edited by Teatime_1

Beta Tester
23 posts

This game is gonna be the best of it's kind no doubt. Am very looking forward to the Royal Navy and their cruisers!

Eventually when they come out :).

besides battlestations, it's the ONLY one of its kind :^)

167 posts
776 battles

For CBT do we need to download new client or just reused the old client and update it?

Hi,

For the Beta weekend tester, you will need to download a new client from the website portal or you can refer to CBT section for download link.

Regards,

LiquidSnake.

Beta Tester
23 posts

Hi,

For the Beta weekend tester, you will need to download a new client from the website portal or you can refer to CBT section for download link.

Regards,

LiquidSnake.

This is simply untrue, it is easy to update the weekend client to the CBT by making a minor adjustment to the launcher config file.  Specifically, the link from which the launcher pulls its updates from.

Beta Tester
23 posts

So for those who apply for CBT today, we have to wait until WG confirms it via mail THEN get the link to download the client? That would suck though, if only they give the dload link to everyone when CBT form opens.

It may not have a big red button attached to it, but the alpha client has always been downloadable for everyone.  There was a good article on FTR explaining this.
Edited by The_Seeker

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

So for those who apply for CBT today, we have to wait until WG confirms it via mail THEN get the link to download the client? That would suck though, if only they give the dload link to everyone when CBT form opens.

Link for the DL is in the CBT section of the forums - if you have access to that area you can DL it at anytime...

(note - being able to DL and install does not = being able to login - you have to either be a current Beta Tester/Alpha Tester for that to work)

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
23 posts

Link for the DL is in the CBT section of the forums - if you have access to that area you can DL it at anytime

I have the client too... Just not the ability to log into it (yet).  Very, very soon...
Edited by The_Seeker

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Link for the DL is in the CBT section of the forums - if you have access to that area you can DL it at anytime...

(note - being able to DL and install does not = being able to login - you have to either be a current Beta Tester/Alpha Tester for that to work)

Well, the fact that the links are in CBT section (which are not available for non-tester) basically means that anyone who apply for CBT today (obv all are non-tester) have to wait for CBT confirmation from WG to access the link.

Basically means, more waiting (atleast a few days I assume, if I ever get accepted that is  :child:)