Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
perositi

What is with everybody.

11 comments in this topic

28 posts
4,589 battles

Over the past few weeks etc the number of people who will not engage or try to spend the whole game hiding behind islands etc is just getting ridiculous. Even dd's are to scared to go in and cap at the start of a domination match, BB's are hiding behind islands and then just try to snipe, other people just spend the game running away.

Have I missed the announcement where it became hide and seek or whats the go.

Talk about frustrating,

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Over the past few weeks etc the number of people who will not engage or try to spend the whole game hiding behind islands etc is just getting ridiculous. Even dd's are to scared to go in and cap at the start of a domination match, BB's are hiding behind islands and then just try to snipe, other people just spend the game running away.

Have I missed the announcement where it became hide and seek or whats the go.

Talk about frustrating,

i guess this kind of player always around, but before it not really shown up cause many good player are playing random battle. but right now. many good player stop playing random and focus on rank.. so the chance to have a team full of coward is became higher

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

i guess this kind of player always around, but before it not really shown up cause many good player are playing random battle. but right now. many good player stop playing random and focus on rank.. so the chance to have a team full of coward is became higher

I dunno,I watched my brother playing a ranked battle last night at Level 11 or so,and pretty much everyone on both teams was camping/hiding! I have seen move movement when I have been up tiered to T10 in a T8 in randoms!

1,105 posts

well....

this is really annoying too! why 3 CA+1BB afraid of 2 BB+1CA? i try to help with TB, but its useless since noody would finish them off -_-

de, i should not support them instead....

btw, i think its normal for DD to coward in earlier game, CV and radar will kill them easily

112 posts
5,463 battles

I've found the opposite. Over the last month and a half I think the chance of getting a close result/well fought game have gone down. I was wondering what it was  whether it was because people are 'camping' or just playing poorly.

I think its because now people are suiciding much more freely. Yolo rushing a cap with absolutely no attention paid to the minimap. Games either are a stomping victory or a complete disaster of a defeat because one team (usually) loses all their dds at the start of a game.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

btw, i think its normal for DD to coward in earlier game, CV and radar will kill them easily

what i don't understand (or rather pretend to not understand) is why people still expect RU DD to cap 

and why RU DD go rush to cap too, isn't that suicide?! 

lot's of people still using RU DD in ranked, ok, I can live with that, but please don't cap

cap first is not priority anymore, safety first

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,128 battles

PEROSITI:-  you should play on the N.A site to see the difference in game play. They play a different style which is more constant with going forward and supporting.. There are some players who hide but not many It's fight to the end stuff. I have just come back to the Asian site and played a few games to see if t has changed and no it still seems to be the same when I left.

Your "the number of people who will not engage or try to spend the whole game hiding behind islands etc is just getting ridiculous. Even dd's are to scared to go in and cap at the start of a domination match, BB's are hiding behind islands and then just try to snipe, other people just spend the game running away." I have seen some simply amazing gameplay in my past time on this site and they where not good and where getting more and more frequent. The last game I played was especially painful.

It's is so frustrating it's just not worth the effort playing this site. I  will try again in another 6 or so months for any change.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

That's how it is in ranked, sadly this is our rank meta and doesn't seems to change any time soon. You can go play random instead, they have some agressive players and gameplay

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

what i don't understand (or rather pretend to not understand) is why people still expect RU DD to cap 

and why RU DD go rush to cap too, isn't that suicide?! 

lot's of people still using RU DD in ranked, ok, I can live with that, but please don't cap

cap first is not priority anymore, safety first

when i sail RU dd in random i quickly say i will support other dd to cap

works nicely as others just shut up and not asking me to go cap alone

9 posts
2,280 battles

I'm an average player at best but even I can monitor the map and make decisions on what the team should be doing and what they shouldn't be doing.

I've had 5 or 6 team members held up by 2 enemy on one side of the map while the rest of the team struggle against the majority of the enemy.  Or I've had a team focus on one side of the map, fail to take the cap that they were heading for (foiled by a much smaller percentage of enemy ships) and then get flanked by the remaining enemy and destroyed.

Unfortunately I am not a good enough player to carry the team so although I can see what's happening, I really can't take the action I need to to be able to turn it in our favour (especially when I head to one part of the map with 3 other ships only to be deserted once they see one or 2 enemy).

With teams like that is it any wonder you become more defensive and sit up the back or hide behind islands?  It definitely seems to be happening more and more.  Part of what could be contributing to this sort of play is the power creep and the inability (or rather lack of knowledge) to counter some of the newer ships.  Ships like the Atlanta, Belfast, Fiji and Shchors make it a mental challenge given their ROF and propensity to cause fires.  They hide in the smoke or behind islands and just spam rounds forcing the smaller ships to stay at bay.

I've also noticed that generally, if you have good DDs on your team, you will win.  They often dictate the game and will give you an advantage and more often than not the team will follow a good DD player.

Edited by DezzieDC

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

when i sail RU dd in random i quickly say i will support other dd to cap

works nicely as others just shut up and not asking me to go cap alone

yes, RU DD is for support, hope more people understand that and don't tell me to cap

i usually said that I'm a cruiser not a DD :trollface:

and it's not like most of them really understand what you were saying as most don't understand english

if not, I would've not just talking to myself most of the time 

Sign in to follow this