You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captn5Stars

Better In-Game Strategic Options for Enhanced Gameplay

19 comments in this topic

26 posts
7,433 battles

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I played much WOW as I found my experience to be one of having more frustration more often than fun...

All well and good to learn and be a noob when you're new but this game brings in enhanced features, ships, tiers, armament etc and yet leaves GAME PLAY lagging so far behind that today it is the Single Greatest source of player frustration... This isn't me but from a survey of over 26 top tier players..

Easy Suggestions to Rapidly Enhance Gameplay seemed to include the following and I'll stick the the format of the Sticky above by dead_man_walking cheers champ;)

PRE GAME COORDINATION - While Map Load Countdown Occurs...

1. Have ability for Division Leaders to be able to plot Way Points to tell the Division the suggested course to follow and which can be seem by all other team mates so as to 'jump on' or 'move on' to another course of their own/fill a void..

2. The ability to revise that series of Way Points IN GAME using the 'M' or Map Popup..

3. The Possibility of an 'Admiral' where the 'overall most experienced player' gets perhaps special abilities to call in an 'Allied Fly Over' where a scout plane flys across an area of the map, Drop a torpedo bomber or a smoke bomb on a stricken target.. All suggestions here that I for one don't need but sound interesting for a whole new game dynamic.

GAME TYPE OPTIONS - Random vs Ranked vs Coop

People feel that Random is very like Ranked these days and Team Battles are great unless you're new and have now clan based groups or friends to play with and thus a fairly 'fail' game type at present..

1. TOTAL XP based matching - instead of SHIP based matching alone in Ranked how about some 'specific skill matching' as the algorithm in TEAM BATTLES does? 

Not one player surveyed agreed that newbs should be able to 'Buy a Ship' and simply 'be' Tier 10 then come in and wreck game after game for those stuck close enough on the net to unfortunately pair with them battle after battle... This needs to stop.. What ever Wargaming does, fix this... It's an insult.. 

2. Alternatively the algorithm could look at the fact that they have chosen an JPN DD and do a total XP addition on that and then match according to Class and Nation rather than just Ship Type alone..

New Game Mode - Total Team - this would involve the game forcing players into divisions and those divisions having better coordination.. No players would be lone wolves... its time something like this happened 

I'll ad and edit this but feedback please..;)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

1. Have ability for Division Leaders to be able to plot Way Points to tell the Division the suggested course to follow and which can be seem by all other team mates so as to 'jump on' or 'move on' to another course of their own/fill a void..

2. The ability to revise that series of Way Points IN GAME using the 'M' or Map Popup..

I agree, but it is not on the list of priorities right now. There are bigger fish to fry.

3. The Possibility of an 'Admiral' where the 'overall most experienced player' gets perhaps special abilities to call in an 'Allied Fly Over' where a scout plane flys across an area of the map, Drop a torpedo bomber or a smoke bomb on a stricken target.. All suggestions here that I for one don't need but sound interesting for a whole new game dynamic.

Sledgehammer Games called; they want royalties for that reference. Besides that, it's also a bad idea.

1. TOTAL XP based matching - instead of SHIP based matching alone in Ranked how about some 'specific skill matching' as the algorithm in TEAM BATTLES does?

It's called 'Ranked Battles'. Not that that is working out very well right now anyway.

New Game Mode - Total Team - this would involve the game forcing players into divisions and those divisions having better coordination.. No players would be lone wolves... its time something like this happened

Come to high tiers at night.

26 posts
7,433 battles

Not interested in sharing.

Great Attitude;)

So is this just a dead forum where support tells you to suggest things to the Developers or do the Developers actually check in here?

Gotta say, I can see why people a reaching a point and leaving the game... Seems like it's made for Y Gens and has little to no team work capabilities which means that a game with SUCH AMAZING detail in relation to Modules, Flags, Captains etc has a massive hole in game play... 

Shame.. my patience has a limit like most people..

159 posts
5,676 battles

Great Attitude;)

So is this just a dead forum where support tells you to suggest things to the Developers or do the Developers actually check in here?

Gotta say, I can see why people a reaching a point and leaving the game... Seems like it's made for Y Gens and has little to no team work capabilities which means that a game with SUCH AMAZING detail in relation to Modules, Flags, Captains etc has a massive hole in game play... 

Shame.. my patience has a limit like most people..

Agreed, the response was a bit hostile, this should be a place to discuss and expand on ideas not just shoot everything down. Example like saying come to high tiers at night isn't very useful if you don't have any ships that high but still want a more team based style of gameplay. I quite like the idea of pre game coordination, even if only half the players want to follow it, at least for those that do, they would be able to enjoy a higher level of cooperation and coordination than they currently do. It's certainly worth exploring some possiblities.

159 posts
5,676 battles

And I am not interested in sharing my secrets with strangers.

I don't think anybody here is interested in hearing your secrets so you can rest easy, I think they'ed rather hear what WG has been up to. And they'ed rather discuss ideas and have a positive discussion. The OP has some valid points that could be expanded on further. I'd suggest toning it down on the attitude, otherwise you'll spend all your time dealing with strangers. Fair seas Haku.

:)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think they'ed rather hear what WG has been up to.

I think they'd not reply.

The OP has some valid points that could be expanded on further.

I had not noticed.

I'd suggest toning it down on the attitude, otherwise you'll spend all your time dealing with strangers.

Hn...I am dealing with one right now. Must be doing something right.

159 posts
5,676 battles

I think they'd not reply.

I had not noticed.

Hn...I am dealing with one right now. Must be doing something right.

I'm just here to fight battles in game. you have a great day Haku  :)

26 posts
7,433 battles

Well Haku.. For a Moderator and apparent 'Super Tester' you should know that I was directed here 'Via a link' from the support guys to put my ideas down and see what credence they bear in the community..

You my friend have just completely 'junked up' this post with rubbish.. I'm not sure how you currently hold your status...

I'd like some Admin to pls comment on the direction of this game that makes a lot of money and could easily take tactics to the next level if only they introduced SOME MORE ways with which to 'readily' express ones intentions to other players...

Currently 'reading' in mixed languages is a complete fail...

Also No command in a game with such amazing game play is just such an apparent 'facepalm' that I can't believe I'm the only one saying this stuff...

Haku.. you can kindly find another place to besmirch...

Thanks blauflamme22 for your consideration... 

Does anyone have any 'better' or different suggestions? All fekn ears....

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Well Haku.. For a Moderator and apparent 'Super Tester' you should know that I was directed here 'Via a link' from the support guys to put my ideas down and see what credence they bear in the community..

You my friend have just completely 'junked up' this post with rubbish.. I'm not sure how you currently hold your status...

I'd like some Admin to pls comment on the direction of this game that makes a lot of money and could easily take tactics to the next level if only they introduced SOME MORE ways with which to 'readily' express ones intentions to other players...

Currently 'reading' in mixed languages is a complete fail...

Also No command in a game with such amazing game play is just such an apparent 'facepalm' that I can't believe I'm the only one saying this stuff...

Haku.. you can kindly find another place to besmirch...

Thanks blauflamme22 for your consideration... 

Does anyone have any 'better' or different suggestions? All fekn ears....

Keep in mind, this is still a public forum where other users can freely jump in and comment on your ideas, whether in support of it or criticizing parts they don't agree with.

Whilst the developers do check in, it's still useful to keep in mind the views of other players - especially those who are more active and have been around longer, and have seen multiple same suggestions made in the past and dev responses to said ideas. These comments from other players help you tailor your suggestions to make them more palatable to the dev team.

159 posts
5,676 battles

Keep in mind, this is still a public forum where other users can freely jump in and comment on your ideas, whether in support of it or criticizing parts they don't agree with.

Whilst the developers do check in, it's still useful to keep in mind the views of other players - especially those who are more active and have been around longer, and have seen multiple same suggestions made in the past and dev responses to said ideas. These comments from other players help you tailor your suggestions to make them more palatable to the dev team.

Thanks for your input Syanda, I'm all for constructive critisism and experienced players helping people out, but just shooting down ideas because you've had a bad day or whatever isn't so good, all that does is put people of playing or contributing to the forums. I acknowledge your mention of ideas being discussed in previous posts as being a valid one, and people definitely need to do a search before starting something new, But I do know with each server having different forums, often something that was mentioned or disregarded on one hasn't on another, and a lot of the long term players and forum users seem to pay a bit more attention to those things. All I'd ask is that people be polite, it's not that hard if something has already been mentioned to point the OP in the direction of the relevent post or to explain that something has already been rejected by the devs, people don't have to go around being a Haku about it. I haven't come across anything in my reading so far about pre-game chat or some other form of organisation and strategy, so if there has already been a big discussion about it, I'd like to have a read and see what the devs have to say. Fair seas Syanda.

:)

26 posts
7,433 battles

I agree also ;)

However I happen to work in Product and Service innovation and so it's in my blood to innovate and

AS IT STANDS... The communication options are null and void... utterly abhorent for a game of such refinement and class...

I love the efforts they go to but, as you said, "seen multiple same suggestions made in the past" usually indicates to ANY COMPANY EVER that your community desperately want something...

To then 'not do anything' has people that spend like me influence their friends to find different games and when they do, well you tend to stick to them a bit don't you..

In the future, that customer is also less likely to play a release from that company realising that any efforts to improve it will go unanswered and result in a tyrade of negativity from people who perhaps spend too much time indoors drinking too many energy drinks and whom don't quite get enough Vitamin D daily from sunlight to exist happily and add to society rather than subract from it...

Allow me to go all kinds of logic on you here...

IF they introduced some 'degree' of tactical UI then players who want to go all 'lone wolfy'  can not activate those options and remain a persistently un-teamworky kinda guy...

HOWEVER you could also put in another GAME MODE where grown ups could coordinate more readily and bring some real coordination and tactics to gameplay... 

I mean.. just imagine how fun it might be and more to the point HOW incredibly less frustrating game play would become... ffs someone do something....

435 posts
6,169 battles

I found my experience to be one of having more frustration more often than fun

With 40 aside FPS you, run to battle – get shot – re-spawn – run into battle again, so it can be a solo effort even through it’s a team game.

This game is different, unique, actual team play means something but its more than that, a bit like role playing, like using your class of ship with other classes.

Learning this role playing is much harder than its looks and so is coordination outside divisions. Players even reach tier 10 and still don’t know exactly what they should be doing or how to support the team effort. Take a simple tactic like tanking, in high tier there is a trait that's needed, that is taking turns at taking damage, this isn't learned or practice in the lower tiers, so how can it be applied in high tier.

Most just keep shooting solo or try to gang shoot, thinking if they can kill targets that will win the game.

In the long run there no use knocking other player abilities, basically you have to watch the fleet movements to form tactics rather than trying to change the rules to form tactics.

Once there acceptances of randomness, the game becomes fun.

PRE GAME COORDINATION - While Map Load Countdown Occurs...

Isn’t that’s what the microphone is for! Assuming pre-match that div mates all speak the same tongue, of cause.

2. Alternatively the algorithm could look at the fact that they have chosen an JPN DD and do a total XP addition on that and then match according to Class and Nation rather than just Ship Type alone..

It’s not that simple to identify “JPN DD” by “total XP addition” because what you’re actually asking MM to do, is to identify personal role playing style’s and then match them up.

That algorithm doesn’t exists and it never will!

Finally your “Total Team” is already catered for with rank battles.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

26 posts
7,433 battles

I think it's time I clearly say I'm fully aware of my roll across classes and nationalities... 

Ships vary greatly, I understand... However... THIS GAME NEEDS [content removed] HELP NOW on the team front and I really don't give two tupnie stuffs wtf Haku the loner thinks...

Get some dam gameplay into the [content removed] game....

Profanity.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

435 posts
6,169 battles

THIS GAME NEEDS [content removed] HELP NOW on the team front

WT has a very good messaging system, key - menu – submenu but for WG it would mean that all the voice contributors would have to be all re-employed and voiced 20-30 more lines, consider all the languages, nations and how many there might be, actors like Steven Seagal too.

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Developers didn’t allow for this (I assume) in version 0.1, I don’t think it's pre-planned for later, would probably be very costly and it would be a huge task to implement.

Edited by dead_man_walking