Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

i am smell Graf Zeppelin!, what it will be?

22 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

i really hate belfast, strongest AA+smoke is really <content removed> for CV commander. i thought it was DD until all my squadron get rekt by invis belfast. those belfast is moar dangerous with RDF skill to track friendly DD, CV cannt cover DD againts high AA belfast....

alright forget this useless rant.

what do you think about graf zeppelin? Graf will be OP because #number1 German science right? i am really curious about this ship. any info bro?

my expectation :

if Graf Zeppelin released in tier 7, 

Graf Zeppelin should have 1 fighter + 3 TB Squadron + 1 DB Squadron in strike loadout

Graf Zeppelin should have 3 fighter + 0 TB Squadron + 2 DB Squadron in air supremacy loadout

Graf Zeppelin should have 0 fighter + 5 TB Squadron + 0 DB Squadron in <content removed> loadout

and in 1 squadron there should be 5 planes, total hangar 42

in addition, torpedo damage should be low, bomb damage should be high, the plane are slow but super tanky (2x HP tier 10 plane).

since German science is #number1, nobody will complain the game become P2W since its based on reality :V

alright forget this stupid thread, i am going to rage quit CV until they release Graf :V

its lie, i wont quit play CV.... but the Graf Zeppelin hype is rrrreaaal!

german-science-is-the-worlds-finest.jpg

ALL HAIL WARGAMING FOR RELEASING THIS AWESOMENESS!

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I'm expecting a secondary focused CV tho, just pull her to the front line, mark someone with a mouse click and watch he go down, sweet. Reason? IIRC the Germans didn't ever gave Zeppelin any aircraft, but her secondary armament was quite good, even for a light cruiser.

BTW Belfast isn't all that of a nightmare for CV players, there's Neptune and Minotaur in the high tiers. Usually high tier RN CL are putting some points on AA, unlike Belfast which usually spend a LOT of points on anti-surface capabilities*. Smoke, 8.6km AA range, and captains who usually put their ship in critical locations, that's a true nightmare.

*Belfast usually will pick DE and IFHE, but as no tech tree RN CL own HE, they will have 7 extra points compared to Belfast, and usually people pick AFT

Edited by _Halcyon

1,105 posts

I'm expecting a secondary focused CV tho, just pull her to the front line, mark someone with a mouse click and watch he go down, sweet. Reason? IIRC the Germans didn't ever gave Zeppelin any aircraft, but her secondary armament was quite good, even for a light cruiser.

BTW Belfast isn't all that of a nightmare for CV players, there's Neptune and Minotaur in the high tiers. Usually high tier RN CL are putting some points on AA, unlike Belfast which usually spend a LOT of points on anti-surface capabilities*. Smoke, 8.6km AA range, and captains who usually put their ship in critical locations, that's a true nightmare.

*Belfast usually will pick DE and IFHE, but as no tech tree RN CL own HE, they will have 7 extra points compared to Belfast, and usually people pick AFT

more sky <content removed>......

but in higher tier IJN have more bomber Squadron to rekt those ship..... belfast is <content removed> because Ryujo only have 48 planes+no TB upgrade..... and hiryu too!

that is the actual real problem. 

i think belfast is nightmare because the pesky smoke, i though there was only DD -_- 

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Already Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Me 262 for fighters,Ar 234 for bombing/torps......and Me 163 if any planes happen to get to close! :D

I don't play CV,but want the Graf.I may just play it that way and build out the secondaries!

1,105 posts

Me 262 for fighters,Ar 234 for bombing/torps......and Me 163 if any planes happen to get to close! :D

I don't play CV,but want the Graf.I may just play it that way and build out the secondaries!

Immortan Joe will happy to hear this! we will witness your bravery bro!

and Graf should have Bismarck Secondaries and hav high armor! 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Then we will see lots of Graf rushing to the frontline taking it they are being a warship...:B

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Yes....I will drive it like Mikasa,main armament is suck,so watch glorious secondaries do all the work! :D

Then we will see lots of Graf rushing to the frontline taking it they are being a warship...:B

New game mode:    Graf Zeppelin Fur Ball!

No planes allowed.

Fully specced for secondaries!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yes....I will drive it like Mikasa,main armament is suck,so watch glorious secondaries do all the work! :D

New game mode:    Graf Zeppelin Fur Ball!

No planes allowed.

Fully specced for secondaries!

Then you will see lots of salty and rage in the forums soon...:trollface:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Easy.

Prior to her final fate all her guns were stripped away (Though the magazines weren't) to use them elsewhere.

WG can use this as an excuse to raise the number of her aircrafts.

Additionally there were (fictional) ideas of using FW 190s instead of BF109s, which would bring significant

fighter firepower to Graf Zeppelin.

These FW 190s can also be used as dive bombers, so no more need for ol' rusty Stukas.

Though if WG wanted to go full on bonanza (When do they ever not?) they could add the Stuka G-1 with 37mm gun pods and no bombs.

Then you add a (non-historical) better engine that lets her go a bit faster than the snail she was irl and bingo.

Or they'll just throw her out with her crappy Fieseler biplanes, ol' rusty Stukas and BF109s.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I guess it will be a 3/0/1 Saipan like, it will be DB focused. With potential loadout of 2/1/2 or 3/0/2 or 1/2/2 T7 or T6. With slow, but really tanky aircraft.

A few things that WG can do to make it really interesting 

-Secondary focused carrier. Could give her a 10km base secondary range. Her armor is pretty good, would be interesting.

-Give it Fritz X. 1 single plane squadron carrying the prized payload of an 18k-20k armor piercing alpha damage bomb. Would almost guaranteed citadel if hit. The cancellation zone would be long, but the drop circle can still be changed as long as the controlling plane isn't shotted down.

It's almost a certainty there won't be any German CV line, so WG really should make this thing unique. Not "unique".

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Then you add a (non-historical) better engine that lets her go a bit faster than the snail she was irl and bingo.

What speeds have you seen for it? It was planned to have a 33 knot top speed from what I have read.Don't know how reliable it is but Wiki said there was also a plan to get just 2 shafts and engines working for 26 or so knots for it to be able to start sea trials.

( I am more of a plane enthusiast than ships,so I am not up with all the details! )

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

If he thinks the Belfast has strong AA, I wonder how he classes the Cleveland.

Belfast has significantly stronger AA than Cleveland, but only when Defensive Fire is inactive.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

What speeds have you seen for it? It was planned to have a 33 knot top speed from what I have read.

Don't know how reliable it is but Wiki said there was also a plan to get just 2 shafts and engines working for 26 or so knots for it to be able to start sea trials.

( I am more of a plane enthusiast than ships,so I am not up with all the details! )

32 knots top speed but the theory is that she would've never made that much during sea trials.

Prolly mostly leaning towards 26 to 28 knots top speed and 20 to 22 knots for cruising speed.

Luckily WG isn't a "Muh Realism" fan, so we can get whatever balance requires.

1,105 posts

A few things that WG can do to make it really interesting 

-Secondary focused carrier. Could give her a 10km base secondary range. Her armor is pretty good, would be interesting.

-Give it Fritz X. 1 single plane squadron carrying the prized payload of an 18k-20k armor piercing alpha damage bomb. Would almost guaranteed citadel if hit. The cancellation zone would be long, but the drop circle can still be changed as long as the controlling plane isn't shotted down.

32 knots top speed but the theory is that she would've never made that much during sea trials.............

LEL NICE IDEA! no torpedo bomber, instead its only have dive bomber with Fritz on it :V buts its damage should be reduced half 

if the secondary got 10KM range, why dont turn it into main turret with 12KM range :v

its speed should be 35 Knot instead..... we are talking about the #number1 German Science right?

and release it in T7 would be like releasing Kitakami in tier 6..... dis is no <content removed> anymore but only madmax :V

Release it in T8~T10 :V 

Insults/Derogatory comments. Post Edited. User Already Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

32 knots top speed but the theory is that she would've never made that much during sea trials.

Prolly mostly leaning towards 26 to 28 knots top speed and 20 to 22 knots for cruising speed.

Luckily WG isn't a "Muh Realism" fan, so we can get whatever balance requires.

Thanks!

I also remember someone on the NA server saying that it may get a higher plane count as well as WG figures out how many planes a CV can carry by hangar volume not what the original plane count was?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

If it's tier 7, could give Saipan a headache especially if they equip her with FW190's or Me262's.

Still, a fully AA spec'd Texas would rake in a few kills.

Looking forward to see what happens....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Thanks!

I also remember someone on the NA server saying that it may get a higher plane count as well as WG figures out how many planes a CV can carry by hangar volume not what the original plane count was?

Prior to her final fate all her guns were stripped away (Though the magazines weren't) to use them elsewhere.

WG can use this as an excuse to raise the number of her aircrafts.

The guns were removed while Germany went from "We're being pushed back a bit" to "Uh-oh landslide.. snowballing... send halp Ita-... Italy what are you doing???"

to use them elsewhere, prolly as stationary turrets or field guns.

WG can use this as an excuse for a never perceived modernisation of the carrier away from the (stupid) convoy raiding ideology and towards

a proper fleet carrier construction with focus on AA and air wings.

The additional space and weight reduction from removing both turrets and magazines would easily allow for this... well and some major re-construction

of the ship's interior, but that's basically unnecessary in-game.

563 posts
4,686 battles

LEL NICE IDEA! no torpedo bomber, instead its only have dive bomber with Fritz on it :V buts its damage should be reduced half 

Why? You only have one plane. A single USN TB squadron can out damage it already.

Fritz X also weights 3000 pounds. 3 times heavier than USN 1000 pounds, 10000 HE alpha damage bomb. the Fritz actually should have at least 30000 AP alpha damage.

Theres a reason it can 2 shot a T8 BB.

Sign in to follow this