You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

Should I just give up and purchase the Tripitz? Or...

11 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

should I wait for something around the corner?  ... I am sorry, allow me to rephrase from the beginning.

Hello WoWs Community,

So I have been playing the game, slowly but climbing all the classes simultaneously. Right now I am liking all the 4 classes but the patient play style of battleships is what I like most. Even though a lot of experienced players advised me to climb the German BB line for it's more forgiving for newbies, I couldn't for the life of me throw away my admiration for the Yamato even if it meant toughing through some odd ships along the way. Even if it was nerfed to heck I wanted to pursue her for historical curiosity sake. But right now as I approach half way to Nagato I have started to recall the warnings of other players about how the bills are gonna spiral once I hit tier 7. That and the combination of pricey tag of higher ships is now making me evaluate my options given the fact that I am burning through my silver while buying all 4 kinds of ships.

I live in India so my latency is like a moody cat. Even if I get the premium account, I am pretty sure I am gonna waste most of it on 400ms+ latency most of the time. As such that leaves me with only one option, a good credit making ship viable on a standard account. And... here is where I feel I have cornered myself. General rule of thumb by veteran players is to buy a premium ship of the same nation so you could level Captains as well. Solid advice but absolutely confusing for me. Apart from Ishizuchi and Mutsu, there are no BB prems for my nation. And going by rep, Ishizuchi is quite low on the totem pole to be able to earn the maintenance cost of a tier 10 while Mutsu, though on a decent tier with decent performance, isn't available ingame, not to mention questionable as a reliable earner when facing higher tiers.

Now I am not really hurting for funds but I do not want to waste them either by buying something cheaper. I do want to support Wargaming in a meaningful way though so I am eyeing the tier 5+ lineup. In WOT I saved everything I had and went right for the Lowe even though I was pursuing the Russian line. That was largely because there was no decent Russian premium tank at the time but I really regretted buying it later. Not because the vehicle sucked but the whole gold shell fiasco negated my angled armor making me an XP pinatta for the enemy. My ass would light up within seconds while pushing and every camper and his granny with her dogs and cats was drilling holes in my non existent armor at tier 10/9 games which was mostly what I saw playing that tank. In the end most of the time, I was either a flaming wreck after 2 shots or I was too late to the party due to my slow speed and I wouldn't make any decent credits. I do not want that happening again if I pushed myself buying the Tripitz too. Even if BB is my playstyle, I am more attuned to IJN's medium to long range encounters while Germans are known for their strength on medium to short range. Toying with the idea of Atago as well but I don't have much experience with cruisers with Kuma/Svietlana as the maximum I ever reached.Not sure what to do anymore. I do not want to buy something that I won't be able to handle properly and become a liability to my team. I met 2 Tripitz on my Fuso and both players were pretty odd about the way they were playing. One was sailing in straight line at 1/2 speed and the other sailed right through pushing alone and then fired torpedoes that missed my Fuso by a good 200 meters from a 2 kilometer range. I do not want to be one of these players.

So, is there any chance there will ever be a BB released for the IJN that would be at par with Tripitz/Arizona? Or should I give up and focus more on Kuma so I can learn the cruiser line instead for mastering the Atago? I mean if waiting ended up with WG putting Musashi as a premium at tier 9 only to be the same as Missouri, I am not sure I'll be able to afford that free xp price tag. I really am sorry for the wall of text but any and all impressions/suggestions are highly welcome because my brain is overheating thinking about what to buy.

Thank you and Regards,

LonerPrime

Edited by LonerPrime

[KEBAB]
44 posts
5,040 battles

If I remember right, some players use Atago as their Captain trainer for the IJN line same with Tirpitz for the KM line. Both ships can print money. It's just your preference and style of play that you need to base your decision on. Since you focus more on BBs, i suggest you get the Tirpitz but thats just my two cents :3

381 posts
9,957 battles

Honestly I think you should spend that money on improving your internet. My occasional 170ms has annoyed me so much that I instantly stop playing more if that happens. Can't imagine how painful it is to play at 400ms latency.

294 posts
2,997 battles

Honestly I think you should spend that money on improving your internet. My occasional 170ms has annoyed me so much that I instantly stop playing more if that happens. Can't imagine how painful it is to play at 400ms latency.

Heh why do folks assume that people with bad latency stick to their net provider willingly? I am sorry I meant no offense. Trust me when I say this but, if I could have I would have changed my internet provider long ago. But Indian ISP system works like the mafia. Instead of a competitive environment where companies try to fight for the market through lucrative plans, they prefer more of a, "ISP-A will get North, ISP-B will get South, ISP-C will get East and ISP-D will get West." kind of game. In doing so they create an unwritten understanding where no one ISP intrudes on the others area and all of these providers are free to fix prices the way they want without fearing any loss of consumers because the consumer doesn't have a choice to begin with. That is what my situation is. Only 2 ISPz provide lined services in my sector and both are pretty much crap when it comes to game routing. Then again India is not really known for its priorities for a gamer. As long as google opens, the internet is fine for the folks working at the ISP support center. Apart from that I just have wireless options and I don't want to rely on those. Plus I do love WOWs but it is not worth changing your house for to a locality with a better provider.

Edited by LonerPrime

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Heh why do folks assume that people with bad latency stick to their net provider willingly?

Because people don't seem to realise that others have no options.They think you can just throw money at the problem and or have choices about who to be with.And even then it may not fix the problem as you mention.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

get the MK, she prints the most credits out of the 3 good prem T8s(im looking at you 2 eugen and loyang) and with IFHE and smoke she is literally the 2nd most broken ship in game, just after the belfast, tirpitz is still good, but not as good as when she came out, you can get her now or wait for the USS Alabama or the RM Roma which according the the Russian QA is in the works(which i can neither confirm or deny) if you are into BBs. getting the atago is not too bad of a option as she is very good (T9.5) but she dosnt print as much credits as tirpiz and MK. as for the mushashi, i doubt she will ever be in game unless she becomes a 10/R1 reward or clan war reward

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

I expect that if you really do average 400ms ping you will get eaten alive in higher tiers. Trying to hit cruisers & dd with good captains will be very hard. The Mutsu might be the best choice considering your desire to eventually reach Yamato.

1,105 posts

But Indian ISP system works like the mafia. Instead of a competitive environment where companies try to fight for the market through lucrative plans, they prefer more of a, "ISP-A will get North, ISP-B will get South, ISP-C will get East and ISP-D will get West." kind of game. In doing so they create an unwritten understanding where no one ISP intrudes on the others area and all of these providers are free to fix prices the way they want without fearing any loss of consumers because the consumer doesn't have a choice to begin with. That is what my situation is. Only 2 ISPz provide lined services in my sector and both are pretty much crap when it comes to game routing. Then again India is not really known for its priorities for a gamer. As long as google opens, the internet is fine for the folks working at the ISP support center. Apart from that I just have wireless options and I don't want to rely on those. Plus I do love WOWs but it is not worth changing your house for to a locality with a better provider.

i know that feel bro, we used to be like that before..... spe*dy like a snail on internet..... DC every 5 min....... howling sheet....

well... now its better thanks to the new competitor.

just wait several month, it will become better soon :V

or several year :V

my advice is keep grinding on IJN line but with premium account and xp camo + xp flag. may be use "premium" VPN will help bro :V

or buy tirpitz, convert XP, COMMANDER CAN GET CONVERT XP TOO! so why not? 

but if i were you, howling sheet with GRINDING! buy tirpitz and lets PLAY! FUN is the most important part!

411 posts
6,146 battles

My question is : "Have u grinded up to t8 in any line ?" if your answer is "No" then I'd recommend sticking to a line(specially Germany) & grind up to T8 and understand the Meta. Otherwise, it'll be really problematic when trying to play Tirpitz. Also, I don't understand why u are running out of silver... I never ran out of them until I reached T9 and that  was before introducing inventory. You can sell old/useless stuff if u want. On another thought, I think u keep old ships, right ? I never keep old ships that I won't play again, sell them including modules for silver.

Apart from these, try to get a better internet connection,400ms ping is insane, specially for BB game play.:facepalm:I live in Bangladesh and internet is way more costly here, and still I try to keep ping around 100-170ms.

683 posts
7,332 battles

Credits part, I think OP using standard account that's why by tier 7 there will be negative income in certain matches.

Yup I agree if there's ship that you don't like, just sell them. It just waste your port slot, plus you are spreading commander XP to more captains, making it harder to have a higher point captain.

Personally, I love Tirpitz ans she is my most played ship for now. I think she is a but like IJN BB in terms of speed, and more difficult to get citadeled (though experience players will go for more normal pen damage on Tirpitz) however, other players feedback that German guns have worse dispersion, making Tirpitz not suitable for sniping.

I do think if you can afford it, premium time is actually helpful in grinding ships. The effect of increased XP is not only on base XP, but you also earn more XP on signal flags you use when running premium account. Further you got 50% more credits :P

In the long run, premium ship of different nation to the line you are grinding might not be too unhelpful, as long as you can get a 19 point captain, but that's a very very long run. Once you got elite commander XP, you can use it on other captain nation.

I'm a BB/CA player, I do have Anshan, but I seldom use it as I'm really bad in DD. :(

Tier 6..' I just got through new Mexico 2 days back, then Match making is not so friendly, keep on been the mid or bottom.Tier in the match. Tier 7 slightly better.

Well, these are just my opinion. Hope it's helpful. :)