You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ProvoBob

In-game chat bans

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

They have these stupid IN-GAME CHAT BANS that go for 24 hours if someone complains.

Well maybe if the complainants took their [content removed] and learnt to play the game, maybe people wouldn't be trying to sort them out in the game when they stuff up, run away like a coward or simply don't watch where they are going and ram into other team mate's ships.

I am sick and tired of some little twerp who cannot take criticism, running off and complaining about what someone said in chat.  Is it their feeling of guilt?

Is it a sign of these "touchy-feely" days where people get so upset over nothing?

Rant over.  Now time for some mod to come in citing the rules and regs blah blah blah.

Inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

In game chat bans are not purposely for that... 

Rant and complains is side and some did break the rules tho

Imagine someone spam POI every second. In all Chat?  

Someone who spam F11? 

Edited by Safiuddin97

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

They have these stupid IN-GAME CHAT BANS that go for 24 hours if someone complains.

Well maybe if the complainants took their mommy's tittie out of their mouths and learnt to play the game, maybe people wouldn't be trying to sort them out in the game when they stuff up, run away like a coward or simply don't watch where they are going and ram into other team mate's ships.

I am sick and tired of some little twerp who cannot take criticism, running off and complaining about what someone said in chat.  Is it their feeling of guilt?

Is it a sign of these "touchy-feely" days where people get so upset over nothing?

Rant over.  Now time for some mod to come in citing the rules and regs blah blah blah.

maybe you accidentally ranted when there was a moderator in the game? or you just got auto chat banned based on the number of reports in 'misbehavior in chat' by 25 other players in the match?

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Just going by your language I would make the assumption that your criticism was neither polite nor constructive. In other words it was probably nothing more than angry chat spam which is exactly what we need the reporting system for. 

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

Just going by your language I would make the assumption that your criticism was neither polite nor constructive. In other words it was probably nothing more than angry chat spam which is exactly what we need the reporting system for. 

Or maybe, just maybe, it was some whining noob who, in his first game, had bought a tier 8 premium and had his first (or near) battle, not knowing what he was doing and stuffing-up the battle for the rest of us!

That is why I say that, to be able to BUY a tier 8, you should first have to grind to that tier.  Using tier 8 as an example here.  How hard is that to ask?

And the removed content was, in better words, to do with some players still breast feeding and to remove the container from their mouths.  Is that better mods?

Edited by ProvoBob

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Or maybe, just maybe, it was some whining noob who, in his first game, had bought a tier 8 premium and had his first (or near) battle, not knowing what he was doing and stuffing-up the battle for the rest of us!

That is why I say that, to be able to BUY a tier 8, you should first have to grind to that tier.  Using tier 8 as an example here.  How hard is that to ask?

And the removed content was, in better words, to do with some players still breast feeding and to remove the container from their mouths.  Is that better mods?

No, not maybe. You confirmed my assumption. Chat ban proven to have some success. 

I just can't help thinking that talk concerning breast feeding etc might not be a very clear method of communicating what the player might have dome wrong (if in fact they did anything wrong), and what they perhaps could have done better. Naturally without this information they will have to learn everything by themselves, and not only are they not being guided by the experienced players they are having to do it in a hostile environment where even some of their team mates are against them.

I'm not sure if you realize this but many people consider derogatory language unpleasant. It is unnecessary, and the fact that you have to intentionally include it into the game makes it all the more nonsensical. And also do you know for sure that it was them who complained? Unless they actually told you they reported you then you don't. So perhaps it wasn't even them, whereas I will report you for comments like that if you in my game.

Now while in theory I do agree that having to grind to a ship should help prevent bad captains, in practice I think you will find that is not the case. And even good captains get caught out sometimes.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles

No, not maybe. You confirmed my assumption. Chat ban proven to have some success. 

I just can't help thinking that talk concerning breast feeding etc might not be a very clear method of communicating what the player might have dome wrong (if in fact they did anything wrong), and what they perhaps could have done better. Naturally without this information they will have to learn everything by themselves, and not only are they not being guided by the experienced players they are having to do it in a hostile environment where even some of their team mates are against them.

I'm not sure if you realize this but many people consider derogatory language unpleasant. It is unnecessary, and the fact that you have to intentionally include it into the game makes it all the more nonsensical. And also do you know for sure that it was them who complained? Unless they actually told you they reported you then you don't. So perhaps it wasn't even them, whereas I will report you for comments like that if you in my game.

Now while in theory I do agree that having to grind to a ship should help prevent bad captains, in practice I think you will find that is not the case. And even good captains get caught out sometimes.

well said

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

I have seen so many battles turn because the noob in a Premium is not doing what is best for the team.  So many of them get this all-powerful ship and think they are god. Instead of supporting a teammate, they are going solo after the enemy, which normally ends up being a suicide run.  This leaves the team short of a member who could have been doing some good for the team.

Normally, but not always the case, by the time a player has ground their way to Tier 8, they have some idea of the tactics and often spot where they are needed before they have to be called.

I watched a noob in WoT today.  He had a Premium tank and had zero battles showing.  He went to one spot on the map and camper behind a bush.  Meanwhile, the remains of the team were hunting down the few remaining enemy.  In the end, this noob had turned a win into a loss because he didn't go to support teammates and they got killed.  He stayed in his bush and died there when then enemy eventually found him.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,450 battles

That chat ignore thingy in game doesn't seem to hold over from one game to the next.

I had a guy spam a lot in one battle so I turned him off, he dropped in next battle on my side, gosh thanks MM, and he was no longer turned off, I thought it would last longer? 

When I turn you off I'd like it to last until I uninstall the game myself, maybe a bit longer :)

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

That chat ignore thingy in game doesn't seem to hold over from one game to the next.

I had a guy spam a lot in one battle so I turned him off, he dropped in next battle on my side, gosh thanks MM, and he was no longer turned off, I thought it would last longer? 

When I turn you off I'd like it to last until I uninstall the game myself, maybe a bit longer :)

Add him to your blacklist. That will perma mute him for you.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

How you do that ?

Right click on the player's name to bring up the context menu. The option to blacklist should be listed in there.

63 posts
1,554 battles

This is the exact reason why I ranted - and suffered a 24-hour ban for a misconstrued, made-up word - my bad, sorry) - in another thread.

I'm not for the OP's statement but against the very sort of opinion that the post displays.

Seems to go like this:

• I have played the game to death and by that factor alone, I have my "10k hours of experience" to be very proficient.
  • My stats and/or winning is very, very, very important to me.
  • I've therefore earned the divine right to diss anyone who I'm watching whilst I languish in death-cam - I claim the right to distract them by continually insulting them about the way the play, whilst they're still alive.
  • Wargaming won't do anything because I was obviously a born terrific player (never mind the 10k hours) so "go and have a cry to Mummy"
  • Why should I help improve my experience by helping my team when I get sunk early when it's easier to sit back and blame someone else.

Yawn....

20 odd years of online gaming (and as a father for most of that time, part-time gaming only) and this shit is getting really old.

Bad example

We had a tier V random match - A TIER V MATCH! - and from the word go, there was an idiot with a bare grasp of English posting "Noobs delete this game" before we'd started. Sure enough, he's in a BB and decides to go solo to one end of the domination map whilst the rest of the team went the other two caps.

He got sunk and whose fault do you think it was, kiddies?

Why, the rest of the teams fault, of course, the majority of whom were:
a) still alive and

b) had taken the other two caps.

c) I'm guessing this one but really, his presumption that there were "noobs" on the team and telling them to delete the game earned him zero respect and no help. How not to win friends and influence people. He got reported post-match from a severe lack of sympathy.

d) We somehow managed to pull a win without his godlike presence on the water...

Good example

Another tier V random match, a smattering of VIs in there.

Sunk experienced player stays in the match, coaching - what? coaching? - different players, one or two in particular.

After trying to get the guys attention, and the guy either not seeing the chat or just ignoring it andstill playing badly, did he rant and drop the noob bomb?

No, he politely suggested that the guy play a few PvE matches before going into random again so that newb captain could get a better handle on his ship.

This guy earned a compliment from me (it's there next to report) because he was a team player, even after he got sunk.

So, to people who are "fed up with newbies" (because noobs are exploiters), which would you prefer?

To get a compliment or a report?

The choice is defined by your own behaviour.

Edited by Captain_Fathom

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

Yeah well I came here for a rant, not to read the opinion of some self professed academic wanna-be.  It's a game guys, not Psychology 101.

I am all for TEAMWORK in the game.  But it doesn't happen.  Even those in some Divisions don't team up.  Don't know why the even bother joining a Division.

Same as WoT.  Until Clan Wars, it was just 15 solo players trying to get more kills and damage than the next guy.  In CW, there is a team plan and communication.  Even prior training nights that, if you didn't show up for, you didn't get into the next CW battles.

This is called organisation and teamwork.  There's nothing magic or even academic about it.  You work together.

I see all those players with Clan Tags and figure they might have some form of a battle discipline.  Nope.  

Last night I even went into a ranked battle.  I was in a Nagato.  There was a DD in there being driven by someone I had never seen before.  We start to move and he goes to my starboard side while I am training my turrets portside.  Next thing I know, he launches a full spread of torps at me and I get 7 of them.  So badly damaged that a single enemy shot killed me.  He died soon after by another teammate TKing him.  Unsure whether WoWs has an auto-ban for TKs because it's not something I have ever done.

This is the sort of mentality I find in so many players.  Now why shouldn't I have the right to have a rant at them if that sort of thing happens?  

Edited by ProvoBob

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Now why shouldn't I have the right to have a rant at them if that sort of thing happens?  

Because by agreeing to the terms of the game you agreed to forego that right.

460 posts
8,365 battles

I'm pretty dang tired of seeing accusations of noobery and other chat rants from dead players who are basically butt-hurt that they didn't get whatever they wanted. I understand it, because sure the game can be frustrating, but it's not appropriate behaviour. Imagine if popular sports stars behaved that way in any team sport, they wouldn't last long on a team. The most annoying part is the person doing the ranting is often one of the worse players in that individual battle. I report anyone who I see behaving poorly in chat even if it's not directed at me.

If I die early due due to my own mistakes (it's always your own mistakes admit it) I try to encourage my team rather than hinder them. Point out a dd they may have missed. I had one guy attack me for encouraging the team cause he thought they were all noobs, he even started ranting before the game started. Guess what, he turned out to be one of the worse players on the team, probably cause he spent so much time complaining.

I have tried pointing out when people make tactical errors but they usually just turn to abuse because that's all they know.

Team work goes both ways, perhaps you should consider what you can do for the team rather than what the team does for you or your battle plan. Instead of complaining like a spoilt brat perhaps you should channel that energy into playing better or take a break and cool down.

Alpha Tester
33 posts
2,108 battles

The best bit about all of this? the OP is a lowly 46%er like me, Something I have noticed the good players who have every reason to rage at dumb moments rarely do so they just get on with the job and get it done it's the low win rate armchair admirals who tend to be the ones that rage.

Being a low win rate person in this game I know what it is like to have someone rage at you for stupid mistakes and being someone who was paid damn good money IRL to improve on training standards in companies, Abuse gets you nowhere fast just shows you either don't know what you are talking about or just aren't worth hearing out. 

Ever since I had my health issues I have felt a level of rage creep into my life and I have noticed the more I rage the less I achieve but the more I am considerate and polite the better results I achieve overall so perhaps you should try to lead by example and be someone worthy of following and be patient instead of raging, using low brow insults to bully your way around.