You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

tier 7 + german cruisers

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

how do you guys set these up to play , stealth shooters ?

they suck at AA boats apart from the perm ship at tier 8 .

how you you guys play em , im grinding through as i used all my free exp 

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

German is good AA, AP and the best AP of CA

Only Yorck does't know AP (too slow travel speed)

They have paper armor and small citadel so GERMAN STELL still working.gif

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

there AA is pretty average on hipper 

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

"Best AP of CA"

I'm struggle to say that TBQH. Despite the high alpha damage (5900 at the 203mm guns), German AP suffers from poor penetration, which mitigate the advantage of German AP particularly in long range sniping.  One would found a fair amount of his shells getting non-penning/ ricochet off a target for no apparent reasons.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

"Best AP of CA"

I'm struggle to say that TBQH. Despite the high alpha damage (5900 at the 203mm guns), German AP suffers from poor penetration, which mitigate the advantage of German AP particularly in long range sniping.  One would found a fair amount of his shells getting non-penning/ ricochet off a target for no apparent reasons.

they only good thing about german cruisers they are very stealthy 

99 posts
1,653 battles

compared to other cruisers they are ..

German CA Concealment:

T7 worst

T8 worst

T9 second worst after Dmitri Donskoi

T10 second worst after Moskva

I thought USN had best AP?

Edited by Axion_Nova

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Penetration
Zao>DM>Hindenberg
Ricochet angle
Zao=Hindenberg, DM's is better
Take this example, I encountered a DM in my Mikhail Kutuzov in close range, I angled that I cound barely shoot all guns, DM fired AP and took away ~30K from me.
So this means DM's AP isn't so angle demanding.
Alpha damage
Hindenberg>Zao>DM

I guess "which one is the best" depends on how you use it

-for sneak attacks, Zao. 9.7km concealment, excellent shell speed, nice accuracy, nice penetration

-for knife fight, DM. If both angled and fire AP, DM's can penetrate while other T10 cruisers(excluding Minotaur) will get a ricochet

-for smashing BB, Hindenberg. Although you face penetration problem, smashing BB's superstructure is still easy. You aim at the superstructure/bow/stern/side area above the main belt. Basically if you are smashing a USN/IJN, you only need to penetrate 19mm-38mm, with the high RoF and Alpha damage, harvesting damage is easy

Edited by _Halcyon

99 posts
1,653 battles

Good to know; I always considered angled penetration to be the only important aspect of AP since it gives more cit chance overall.

Edited by Axion_Nova

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

German high tier cruiser were kinda Jack of all trade ship.

Good but not great AA

Decent protection, which weak vs long range plunging fire but excelent on shorter range engagement 

with Demo Expert, Their Fire chances were quite good - which attributed to fast reload they have

Torpedo system were decent, with useable range, and great arc - but gimped with low alpha strike potential - but enough to tackle most of the armored opponent they face

Mediocre Stealh rating -, that growing worse on latter tier

Gun range is Decent, not as long as russian - not as short as US. Ballistic characteristic were railgun quality but bleed speed fast on long range shootfest making the shell seems floaty but the overall experience should be very comfortable

They turn like a brick, rudder were slow making they less agile ships among their peers - however they have tight turn circle. choices between Steering mod or concealment mod  can make people feel like they helming a diffrent ships

Their AP were supposed to be their main selling point. but the Shells were light and have lesser krup value. making them shatter easily on impact, even on perfectly flat broadside.

making the AP have unreliable performance, especialy on long range engagement where they strugle to penetrate

They can be best AP on "controled condition" - but not in the wild, so it best to be dont overly reliant on it

Like the definition above, Hi tier German cruiser are versatile ships that have no Absolute strong point, but no Absolute weakness either

Its an opportunist Hunter - IMO

where you can switch from "Subpar" HE Spamer - providing constant DPM as cruiser usualy do,  into punishing broadsiding target when opportunity present itself seemesly at will (due to fast turret traverse and reload making switching target ez)

always try looking for such target, and dont afraid to close distance - since they become harder to kill in close range. and torpedo will give enough punch to knock most target

Edited by humusz