You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Mutsu accuracy problem

25 comments in this topic

1,496 posts

Greetings,

i dont know if it is me (well, if it is, i should suck at all ships right?), but i have never missed so many salvos in any other ship, including Mikasa (!)

it must be the most inaccurate ship in the whole game, ive even got more citadels in the Ishizuchi, more than i can get landed salvos in Mutsu.

is anyone having the same difficulty, or has m fingers somehow changed shape without me noticing?

:hmm:

Ordrazz

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Its a stock Nagato after all, with the crappy shells and accuracy. Still a fine T6 BB that can overmatch anything.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Look closer, you can see two little windows between the front and the back 140mm secondary guns, in the middle. That's where the torp tubes are hiding. Two single mounts with very limited arc.

451 posts
6,946 battles

You are not wrong if u say mutsu has accuracy problems. The nagato has 2.0 sigma on its 8 guns. The mutsu sports a poorer 1.8 sigma on its 8 guns.

The torpedoes are yubari arc tier. U will never get to use them because u will be dead before then, or they will have blown up from all the shelling u take.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

You are not wrong if u say mutsu has accuracy problems. The nagato has 2.0 sigma on its 8 guns. The mutsu sports a poorer 1.8 sigma on its 8 guns.

The torpedoes are yubari arc tier. U will never get to use them because u will be dead before then, or they will have blown up from all the shelling u take.

Torp's prediction white line can be used to estimate enemy ship's speed tho

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Its a stock Nagato after all, with the crappy shells and accuracy. Still a fine T6 BB that can overmatch anything.

its a useless BB , not good at anything , take any other BB

451 posts
6,946 battles

its a useless BB , not good at anything , take any other BB

ability to overmatch everything at tier 6 isnt good enough? wait what?

u guys expect too much of it man. Poor MM aside it is a tier SIX wg battlecruiser configuration (not much armor hence faster) and not some tier 7 powerhouse.

It is also the only higher tier ijn battleship premium. Dont get spoilt by the tier 7s and use them as reference. Yes she has poor mm, but she is a tier SIX.

Edited by Kleiss

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

Just get in close and get suckers like me who *not expecting torps from IJN BB.

*This is a one time offer and is only available for a limited time.

1,496 posts

Well, I would be happy at hitting ships, not salvo after salvo of misses....

The only thing I've managed to do so far in it is to attract all the enemies to focus fire on me.

I can hit more in my Mikasa. (Love those secondaries)

Ordrazz

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Well, I would be happy at hitting ships, not salvo after salvo of misses....

The only thing I've managed to do so far in it is to attract all the enemies to focus fire on me.

I can hit more in my Mikasa. (Love those secondaries)

Ordrazz

Worse then a Mikasa?!

IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!!!

451 posts
6,946 battles

Fun fact, mikasa is more accurate than fuso, arkansas, wyoming and new mex. It is as accurate as the mutsu.

451 posts
6,946 battles

NA forums be like

>This ship is garbage why didn't they make Mutsu a Nagato clone (akin to Prinz eugen)

>Mutsu is "designed to fail"

>not giving higher detonation chance

>not fun and engaging enough to play

1,496 posts

I am currently trying to practice Mutsu-ing, I don't want to think I have wasted money, there HAS to be a way to play it successfully somewhere, otherwise WG would not have put it in the game.

I sank a Fiji in it yesterday, nearly point blank as I avoided his torpedoes, lol the Fiji was NOT happy, & I spent the rest of the match being called a dog.

I ended up brawling with another Mutsu, but I got sunk by it, as a DD got me with a torpedo & took my heallth away...

I wish ppl would leave BBs to duke it out when they are brawling..

Comiserations to the poor Fiji, who got sunk by a Mutsu lolol

:trollface:

Ordrazz

85 posts
4,556 battles

The way to play Mutsu is to throw away the concept of "battleships should be at the forefront of the team and absorb all damage" mentality.

You go along with tankier BBs in a way that you're not the center forcus but not directly with them, but trailing them from a not-too-far distance, and shoot at distracted enemies with your big guns.

460 posts
8,358 battles

I don't have the Mutsu, so this experience comes from the Nagato, I found her guns a little wild sometimes, but I used the aiming systems upgrade and that improved things a little. It seems from reviews that she's a bit fragile, another common trait with the old stock Nagato, so perhaps try to angle more and keep out of harms way. It is fast enough that positioning shouldn't be a big issue. Also keep an eye out for easier shots at broadsides and try not to tunnel vision a single ship

How close are you to the enemy when you fire and miss consistently? Like others have said it could just be bad luck with the RNG