You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

Who isn't going for ranked?

37 comments in this topic

250 posts
13,148 battles

I'm here to find a friend on forum who deny all participation in Ranked seasons 6 or gave up on it already.

I'm half-decent player if you look at my stats. so I have some excuse for this :teethhappy:

My reason to not join Ranked

- Game is unbalanced: this is not P2W kind of reason. I understand why WG made some premium blatantly OP but for me "It was unbalanced by the face that only some ships are viable for ranked, some are not" which drove me nut (I had mahan which is ok for ranked even OP one like Belfast so I have some tools for ranked). 

- meta is ehhh Really WG?? Y U DO DIS: smoke, radar, torpedo soup everywhere, kinda boring to play to be honest.

- Frustration: you will suffer a lot in ranked in way far more brutal than you suffered in random battles. And so do I.

- Time: I had my job and family to deal with. Put myself in ranked will distract me from these activities.

- The way WG implemented their "Ranked" was "Grind" to be exact which I couldn't enjoy if I have to rinse and repeat over and over again

If you are not going to get in ranked. Share your impression here. :) 

Edited by New_Horizontal

50 posts
3,289 battles

Well, for me, I'm just gonna aim for Rank 15, get that commemorative flag and be done with ranked Season 6 :teethhappy:

440 posts
3,379 battles

Already quit at rank 18. Had some fun battles, but the frustration is just too much in comparison so now I'm just gonna continue grinding my ships, already unlocked & bought nicholas now grinding towards kirov :)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I still need another 4k exp on Kiew to research the last upgrade, then I'll prolly call it quits.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I call it an end too.. early, yes.

I dont see any reason why I should sail into area where we cant shoot bcauze .. enemy in the smoke, with radar..its like I feed them cuz I have nothing else to do.

There was 1 battle where .. there was 5 BB 1 CA and 1 DD. That 1 all are made of Non-prem ship. It was awesome, not many torp, the CA keep spamming fire to enemy, while I in BB take the lead and charge into the cap. The rest of the BB follow, and we had a very nice gun fight.. with some precaution from enemy dd torp. But I say that was the kind of battle I always want to be in. Not the type where, you have Belfast, smoke in.. use radar..free shoot enemy. Really WG.. that is the type of battle u want us to be in?

1,124 posts

I never rank, be it previous season or this season

extreme competitive is not my kind of game

beside, with my current skill, I'll be nothing more than little sheep in middle of a wolf den. =w='a

Edited by PGM991

411 posts
6,151 battles

This was my first Ranked season and I had two targets :

1.Reaching rank 15 & getting the flag :)

2.Grinding out Nagato and unlock Amagi

And surprisingly, I found myself in rank 15 in just one day :D

However, I continued grinding and reached rank 10 by the time I've unlocked Amagi :)

I had already lost interest in all those Smoke and after seeing that there was no extra star in R10 I simply stopped playing so that I don't lose a rank...allover, it took me nearly 60 games and I'm satisfied for what I achieved in a first season :)

381 posts
9,957 battles

I see no reason not to take part in ranked and try till you get r10. Assuming you can reach it within 40 games (should be an easy task for you) the reward is well worth it. Ranked is also a very good place to farm High Caliber flags daily.

411 posts
6,151 battles

I see no reason not to take part in ranked and try till you get r10. Assuming you can reach it within 40 games (should be an easy task for you) the reward is well worth it. Ranked is also a very good place to farm High Caliber flags daily.

It depends... not everyone getsvwinning streak, my friend is stuck in R13 for three days, that's sad :( 

250 posts
13,148 battles

​Yeah, I could reach R10 from 22 (got it from S5 because I need 2M credits so badly at the time) in 3 days (If I wish to do)

​But competitive like ranked require a lot of attention and concentration (and sanity for salty moments) which I could not afford any

​and I can't hold myself well enough to sit still on screen for game several hours.

​For now, I'd rather grind Kiev for Tashkent (before tech tree revamp) in random to save sanity of many whom upset from my Kiev appearance in Ranked 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

​For now, I'd rather grind Kiev for Tashkent (before tech tree revamp) in random to save sanity of many whom upset from my Kiev appearance in Ranked 

That feeling when I've been grinding stock ships in ranked and only some dude on Discord ever salted at me.

Either people didn't care or didn't notice.

Heck, I'm close to unlocking Samidare soon, guess where she'll go first to unlock modules...

(On a side note, yes, I was doing it pure stock, no prem consumables, no modules, zero/low pt captains, the whole set)

Edit: Did use camo and exp flag though to grind faster.

Edited by Retia

203 posts
11,788 battles

I tried 4 matches can't remember exact season maybe the first or second, 4 matches already convinced me that I'll lose my sanity more than random battles because things like.

• Teammates' derpiness (More common when you join in late)
  • Current Belfast meta    (I was about to say Blyscawica but this thing is way worse than that) 
  • I'm known for being loud I don't even wanna imagine my neighbors hearing me screaming because of some derp doing what derps does in "Competitive mode"
  • Most importantly I want to live longer.

381 posts
9,957 battles

​Yeah, I could reach R10 from 22 (got it from S5 because I need 2M credits so badly at the time) in 3 days (If I wish to do)

​But competitive like ranked require a lot of attention and concentration (and sanity for salty moments) which I could not afford any

​and I can't hold myself well enough to sit still on screen for game several hours.

Then wait till the last 2 weeks to play :) By that time the 15-10 bracket is filled with so many potatoes that I bet you'd laugh at them instead of being salty :D If you are aiming for something you can achieve easily, you are under no pressure. 

Maybe we're different but I prefer playing ranked a bit to regain my concentration. For a few weeks after a ranked season ends, I am super careful and prudent in random matches - I treated everyone as if they are unicums regardless of tier and get a very high win rate at the expense of some other stats like damage and kills. Then I gradually become more careless and make some selfish/yolo play that is worth 7x reports if I were my own teammates. 

And Tashkent will be pushed up to t9 with no real buff except the option to choose heal over smoke and the usual t9 module I think? If yes then you probably should grind through Tashkent too lol.

[AAADD]
61 posts
I shall probably just run to rank 15 ( if any ) then call it quits. I have no intention of purchasing a tier 7 premium just to run in ranked battles as the rewards just are not there and rank is more LUCK than skill.

520 posts
11,126 battles

I want to play ranked more then random. Though competition can get salty fast, i learn more. What i learn in ranked, i can apply in Random games. The earnings in credits and XP are prett much substantial aswell, specially for capping DDs. And there is alot DDs can do for the team in Ranked. Smoke, Spotting, Capping, Torping... Etc.... And i find that versatility fun.

Im not the best out there, but I play better if i know my teamates are just as motivated as i am. I always look forward to ranked season, despite the pressure.

154 posts
3,359 battles

I've only played 5 games of ranked in the last couple of days but that's enough. 

We got absolutely thrashed in all 5 games. Despite finishing top scorer in 4 of those games, the general meta of your team swanning off on their own and sniping at extreme range tends to go against my more aggressive play style. Also hardly anyone communicates and no one listens. Getting to the pointy end of ranked battles requires as much luck as it does skill.

Was hoping it had changed slightly from last season but it's just as bad. 

All that said, you should give ranked a try, as you will then have a lot more appreciation for random battles where players aren't as afraid to get their ships dirty.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

I had a good go at the first couple of seasons then didn't touch it again.  I've had a go at this one.   Having a rank isn't something that I worry about and only thing I see is the mode is that it gives me free stuff.   If I'm in the mood I do it.  If not then I don't.

520 posts
11,126 battles

Whats so funny about me and Ranked season... I always Gripe and Complain to my friends how Unlucky I am during ranked.. But after the season.. I long for it to come back again. Lol.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

Well when it works and your team can communicate and work together for a win it is extremely enjoyable.   Its a breath of fresh air from randoms and the monotony of coop.

When it falls apart its extremely frustrating as there is a definable end goal for the mode that everyone want to achieve.

520 posts
11,126 battles

Well when it works and your team can communicate and work together for a win it is extremely enjoyable.   Its a breath of fresh air from randoms and the monotony of coop.

When it falls apart its extremely frustrating as there is a definable end goal for the mode that everyone want to achieve.

Lol... I completely agree... When you start of the match with an encouraging

"Hey team, good luck... Lets work together and with this"....

And there is.... silence....

Then every one goes on shooting uncoordinated shots at everything they see..

Lol

Edited by kultabashi

892 posts
7,853 battles

Captains should NOT be using Ranked Battles to grind ships. Grinding should be done in Random or Coop. Joining Ranked with a ship that is not fully upgraded will just drag the team you are in down.

EDIT: Staying on topic, One should at least try to play to Rank 12.

Edited by Xirvis

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

Captains should NOT be using Ranked Battles to grind ships. Grinding should be done in Random or Coop. Joining Ranked with a ship that is not fully upgraded will just drag the team you are in down.

EDIT: Staying on topic, One should at least try to play to Rank 12.

agree, don't ruin others if wana grind ship do it random not ranked

well i dont have much time to play so won't be bothered much about ranked as i wana have fun after a hard day at work