You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Keyboard or Game?

19 comments in this topic

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Sometimes my key strokes aren't recognized by the game. I can only recall it happening when I am turning. So say I'm turning and trying to deploy smoke, I will sometimes have to lift A/D for a sec to get T to register. Do you think it more likely this caused by my wireless KB/Mouse, or more likely the game?

I am not talking about firing, so this has nothing to do with target lock etc...

No need to troubleshoot hardware. Please just address the specific question.

My ping is typically 110-125ms

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

some keyboard can only have 3 key at same time.. that is why gamer like to buy mechanical keyboard

for me it is not an urgent. a GPU is better, or more RAM

892 posts
7,853 battles

some keyboard can only have 3 key at same time.. that is why gamer like to buy mechanical keyboard

​You won't need more than 8Gb of RAM. Of course, a better GPU will allow you to have better GFX settings and higher FPS. Despite having the best hardware available, high latency will hamper game play though.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Well local shop only had Razor Deathstalker Expert. Tried it and ugh :( horrible keyboard. Will have to order one online. Post now open to suggestions. I have no interest in flashy LED's. 

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

​You won't need more than 8Gb of RAM. Of course, a better GPU will allow you to have better GFX settings and higher FPS. Despite having the best hardware available, high latency will hamper game play though.

Although to increase FPS you actually have to manually hack the files. FPS is limited to 75 by default in res/engine_config.xml

True that lag effects FPS most. From my observations a latency spike is quickly followed by a disk queue spike (even on optimized ssd) and an FPS drop.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Once you go Mech, you never go back :3

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

You don't need a mechanical keyboard do achieve this.

Any keyboard with a sort of "anti ghosting" set up can do this.

Tee

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Interesting note (well I think so anyways). Some words of warning.

I was specifically noticing this problem in Fiji, trying to deploy smoke with the U key. The test site I linked to confirms that I am unable to use A/D + S + U. Now the kicker here is that many of the keyboards that offer partial NKRO don't include the U key. It seems that the U key is not considered as a common gaming key.

Now IIRC there is talk of being able to assign the consumables to desired slot. If this happens I won't have a problem because using A/D + S + T works on my keyboard (and I expect most modern keyboards)

Edited by keskparane