You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Does Ranked get Better the further you go?

32 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

Been playing and having many wins but tonight 3 games, 3 defeats, no stars lost. I've seen all the crap imaginable from AFK, slow loaders, people going off on their own, people yoloing, people playing any piece of trash ship they have, no one talking or answering when you try to coordinate etc. Is it worth the annoyance?

I'm only at R15 atm, I got down to R7 one season before deciding the whine wasn't worth it, does it get better or worse? Is it worth bothering with as it seems to be just a huge grind fest.  

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Is a little better if you actually able to match with decent players, But if MM being mean to you is not so difference from what you experience atm :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

Been playing and having many wins but tonight 3 games, 3 defeats, no stars lost. I've seen all the crap imaginable from AFK, slow loaders, people going off on their own, people yoloing, people playing any piece of trash ship they have, no one talking or answering when you try to coordinate etc. Is it worth the annoyance?

I'm only at R15 atm, I got down to R7 one season before deciding the whine wasn't worth it, does it get better or worse? Is it worth bothering with as it seems to be just a huge grind fest.  

Get used to it; you will just have to bite the bullet, dig in, and tryhard.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Based on last season, there is way less afk and slow loaders. People also do try or respond to your simple messages (incl. the normally square-speakers) but don't expect complicated strategy to be understood. Generally one trash ship will appear per match but the rest should be optimal ones (so RIP the side with that trash ship). Yolo still happens, maybe once per 2-3 matches. 

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

same as me, 13 to 15, lost 4 straight games and I was done for the night

Yesterday I played lots rank mode

From14 2/3 went to 14 2/3 wat?:trollface:

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,384 battles

what do you expect from asians. who only 0.000000001 of them can communicate in english and most of them play it on their laptop and netcafe.

pretty much talk to myself in chat usually

or talk to some dude who's using 'box language'

892 posts
7,853 battles

Currently at Rank 12 and recent games have seen me stuck, win-lose-win-lose.... you get what I mean. In games lost, it was primarily due to players bringing in "trash" ships, which get dispatched easily. So in a way, you could predict the outcome even before the battle starts.

Another point I have noted for battles lost, too many low ranked players in the team.

That said, I strongly believe it would get better at higher ranks.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

No it doesn't get any better

I was in a battle with a rank 6 guy, my best rank has been 11 so far but just like everyone else  I have been going up and down the ranks like a yolo.

But back to the rank 6 guy he was in a myoko shooting HE at a Atlanta that was showing his side to him, that's right firing HE at a cruiser that was showing its side to him ummm yeah.

I had to tell him to fire AP at him before he changed and KILLLED THE ATLANATA.

just goes to show that ranks has nothing to do with skill at all, if a guy who has no idea that firing AP at a cruiser showing  its side will kill it quicker can get to rank 6 then MM and RNG has a massive part in players getting up the ranks who have no idea how to play the game.

Ranks should not be affected by RNG like it is. IT should be about the best players getting to the top but no, WG rather have all level of skilled players being able to get to rank 1 even if they have no idea how to play the game just so they can keep players coming back to the game.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

I starting to feel like ranked is a dynamic organism. I think the meta changes no only by level but by day and hour. Finding how your play style fits into that dynamic meta is probably an important part of the whole season.

I noticed last season that I had to change ship about 4 times (not counting ships I tried unsuccessfully for in 1 or 2 games) through last season to stay competitive (which at my skill level means to get to rank 5). This season I am now on my second ship. Once again I had flaunted with a couple of others for a few games, but they didn't work for me.

So if you are not progressing I suggest trying some different ships. What works for you in ranked may surprise you. I realize this doesn't account for the potatoes you will encounter, but yes I do think there will be less of them as you progress.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,384 battles

No it doesn't get any better

I was in a battle with a rank 6 guy, my best rank has been 11 so far but just like everyone else  I have been going up and down the ranks like a yolo.

But back to the rank 6 guy he was in a myoko shooting HE at a Atlanta that was showing his side to him, that's right firing HE at a cruiser that was showing its side to him ummm yeah.

I had to tell him to fire AP at him before he changed and KILLLED THE ATLANATA.

just goes to show that ranks has nothing to do with skill at all, if a guy who has no idea that firing AP at a cruiser showing  its side will kill it quicker can get to rank 6 then MM and RNG has a massive part in players getting up the ranks who have no idea how to play the game.

Ranks should not be affected by RNG like it is. IT should be about the best players getting to the top but no, WG rather have all level of skilled players being able to get to rank 1 even if they have no idea how to play the game just so they can keep players coming back to the game.

that's a surprise, i thought you've already at least in T10 already

not far from that though

it's so sad that communication is a massive barrier while it's suppose to be the most crucial thing in ranked

and keskparane, i don't think it's about what ships, it's about the players during the time you play

and the will always be potatoes

even potatoes can advance to rank 1 if they have the will and time to do it, you can always die early in the game and let your teammates win for you

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

.....i don't think it's about what ships,....

Riiiiiiiight. So despite the fact that I am crap IJN CV player, and could easily survive the whole battle, ship has nothing to do with it?

I am sure that pretty much everyone has a ship type they will routinely deal more hurt in. And I am saying that what ship that is may change during the season due to the payers they will encounter.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Ill tell you how it is like at ranked 10

If your dd smokes up the wrong bb on your team, you lose.

If your team scharnhorst plays it right, you will win.

The rest is just positioning to bait out any radar cruisers and the enemy torpedo bb.

Edited by Kleiss

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Before Rank10 everything is a mess... you rather prioritize yourself to get MVP so you dont get dragged by those irrevocable rank scrubs

But sadly despite the potato IJN CV that showed up on my team last 2 battles, who cant even load into match until minutes after it started, damn Sims beat me to top spot by a couple of points both times :( Much salt.

I admit that sometimes I am that potato. But seriously... bring a CV when can't play it? Just proves my point in last post.

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

But sadly despite the potato IJN CV that showed up on my team last 2 battles, who cant even load into match until minutes after it started, damn Sims beat me to top spot by a couple of points both times :( Much salt.

I admit that sometimes I am that potato. But seriously... bring a CV when can't play it? Just proves my point in last post.

I got my finger on Esc button everytime when I click Battle button

quit if I see 2 CV in queue

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I will select LOLanta :trollface:
Edited by Onlinegamer

381 posts
9,957 battles

Haha I thought I was the only one to do this. I always exit queue if there is 2 CV or 1 CV + 10-12 other classes waiting and retry after 5-10 mins. Never liked being in a match with CV cuz they bring too much variance.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

No use. Karma hates me today.

2 server disconnects

1 isp disconnect

Tried to esc out of that second cv battle, but game went straight into match before I could.

Multiple times have had 1-2 belfast on enemy team but none on ours.

On a plus note I haven't had any lag.