You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

[Theorycraft] Teamkilling and economy

6 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

As far as I know, the credit/exp earned is (sort of) proportional to the amount of contribution towards the team. Be it dealing damage, capping, shooting down planes, etc. Currently, also, "AFKing" (i.e. not contributing at all) is punished by earning no reward (while still having to pay the repair costs).

I have been thinking about the hypothetical scenario where the winning team won the game because ALL the enemy players teamkilled themselves to death (or until they lose all point) before any of the winning team's player did any sort of gameplay. I wonder how the "winning" team earn their credit/exp under this scenario. As of now, I could think of the two possible outcomes:

1. Everyone in the "winning" team are regarded as AFK and earn 0 credit/exp (and comes out in red due to repair costs)
  2. The credit/exp is predetermined as a fixed pot, which is distributed to each winning players equally.

Feel free to discuss below ;)

Disclaimer: Deliberate teamkilling is a deplorable action reflecting the lack of sportmanship. Please do not attempt to "test" this on live server.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,493 posts

Take part in ranked battles, it will help ease the pain of being bored & exasperated at potato players having no more enthusiasm left for standard battles, & will alleviate pressure on the brain, because you don't have to work out who is a potato.

This will in turn, help control these wild untamed ideas/ theories.

:trollface:

Ordrazz

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

On the contrary, I came up with this idea during ranked after I ate a full spread of a friendly Myoko torp from point-blank "trying" to torp a BB at 11 km from him. :trollface:

Btw, I am on the "charlie" league now. ;)

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

2,222 posts
13,717 battles

Best solution I can think of is sort of an amalgamation of both ideas. That being that any teamkill points are distributed among the other team on a percentage basis relative to base service fee (ammo, consumables costs, etc.. are not included).

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Dude, once you have played 1000+ games, you should already know that you have to keep your distance from friendly IJN CAs at low and mid tiers, specially the players playing ARP ones. I have seen this too many times. Most of these players do not know their torpedo range, and many thinks if the target gets locked on in torpedo mode (which is always) torpedoes will have range. Because if shells have range, they lock on. And torping from 2nd or 3rd line is their habit. Yah I know not all of them are bad players, but most of them are.

Edited by icy_phoenix

420 posts
20 battles

Huh what about ARP ones?

I've been shot by VMF CL 1km away, right on my ship face, trying to torp enemy 10km away from him.

Do not trust anyone with torpedos is the most correct, regardless their range, they don't read it at port.