You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HeavenlyHost

Fat Friedrich

24 comments in this topic

20 posts
9,637 battles

Ok trying to stay calm.....

Recently unlocked the Iowa and friedrich . With the Money I have I could only have one purchased and upgraded. I though well I already have izumo same playstyle as iowa lets get the Friedrich instead. a better Bismarck. But....nope

this piece of...garbage thing ..ok ok.. what happened

1.This thing cought fire more than the warspite....

2.fat huge 

about the guns....Sniping is a nono option so i though go medium range...nope still not hitting...lets brawl....ah a New Orlean under 10km lets give him hell. 10 salvos later..he still floating finished of by my allies. 

*OK im gonna be honest im stock* but Captain already fulled retrained (18pt captain* Sec. Build)

Please tell me this peace of *****is getting more accurate with the upgrade or im gonna sell it as fast as I bought it and buy iowa instead/.

Heck I even got the Izumo to work. First game in her stock hull 170k. Guns are fast and accuarate even stock  and hard hitting = bow on godlike armor.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Many of the german BBs are infamous in the acurracy department you know. You may want to retry speccing Freddy to tank role as secondaries dont see much use in this campy meta. German BB are brawlers anyway so dont snipe. Many ships gets more accurate with hull upgrade or FCS upgrade ( 2,2% if i am not wrong ).

435 posts
6,169 battles

Once you get out of the shadow of the Bismarck, Friedrich is far superior. In tier X matches (which is always), the golden rule for all tier IXs is “Don’t sail alone”.

In the Friedrich don’t snipe, pick your moment to brawl and when you’re top tier (which is rarely) your kill rate will go up exponentially. Her brawling dps is why captains set her up with secondary builds, with 14 secondary’s turrets, DDs just melt away. But like with all specific commander builds they’re only good for some of the matches.

But wait, what about your next ship?

Grosser Kurfurst is king now and the Montana is like the little joker dancing around on the king’s court.

PS: With Friedrich I once one shot an almost fully HP Izumo, I came out from an island during a cyclone, his guns were pointing completely the other way, I line up, watch his barrels bobbing in despair, savoured the moment and then double clicked.  

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

How to play FDG?

Step 1: Know the elaboration of FDG, FDG stands for "<content removed> dis game".

Step 2: You say "<content removed> dis game" go in, slap faces and kick asses and die doing whatever damage you can.

Step 3: Hope that your team is good enough to utilize your sacrifice.

Grosser Kurfurst is king now and the Montana is like the little joker dancing around on the king’s court.

In our Asian cruiser meta, Montana is probably the best T10 BB. GK is not effective at range, unlike Montana, effective at every range. Only thing Montana can't do is kill bow in Yamatos. But that is not point of the game. And if GK angles, GK is the king, but many people over estimate their Armor. We all know German BBs are damage pinata for US BBs. (However, this is in general, ofcourse player skill is a thing that).

Profanity. Post Edited. User Warned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

295 posts
6,592 battles

you should have bought iowa instead if you want accurate guns, but iowa is not as tanky as FDG, but at least you can get 12.2km concealment and 33 knot speed, that is basically cruiser

In our Asian cruiser meta, Montana is probably the best T10 BB. GK is not effective at range, unlike Montana, effective at every range. Only thing Montana can't do is kill bow in Yamatos. 

it's not that problematic if you switch to HE though, i like burning sitting bow on yamato in my montana

181 posts
7,548 battles

I haven't got the FDG yet but seeing how she fares compared with the other two T9 BBs, I can say that the name (or the pun) "Friedrich der worst" fits her :teethhappy:

Edited by 8knots

411 posts
6,151 battles

These are first 3 games I had on it : (Attached Photo)

I think I'm improving...:)

Still need a lot more games to come to a decision though.

shot1.jpg

563 posts
4,686 battles

In our Asian cruiser meta, Montana is probably the best T10 BB. GK is not effective at range, unlike Montana, effective at every range. Only thing Montana can't do is kill bow in Yamatos. But that is not point of the game. And if GK angles, GK is the king, but many people over estimate their Armor. We all know German BBs are damage pinata for US BBs. (However, this is in general, ofcourse player skill is a thing that).

Can't really say a BB that can't tank as the best.

Montana's entire bow section is vulnerable to 203mm, and IFHE 152-180mm HE. Montana's deck is vulnerable to IFHE 203mm. And of course that deck and AoN armor scheme is a massive damage pinata to RNCL.

BBs job isn't just about whacking people from range. Once a Montana runs out of cover and meatshield. It melts faster than any other t10 BBs, regardless of angle.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Anyway, back to the FDG.

You're the absolute tankiest BB at t9, people saying its big, it's un maneuverable, etc, etc. but the fact is, FDG is about the size of an Izumo with only 30m worse turning radius than Iowa, but with better rudder shift. Concealment is decent, TDS may be garbage, but you have Hydro, which I would take over a few extra TDS all day.

The only real weak point of the FDG is the gun DPM. The gun accuracy is decent. I find the gun to behave. The gun itself (420mm) is just as good as the Iowa with better HE and slightly better arcs, but slightly worse pen, but better overmatch.

Everything else is really solid at t9. Armor, maneuverability, AA, speed, concealment, all very competitive.

I play her a bit cheeky at the start of the match. And once I found clear gap and I push there.

I adore bow-camp reverse BBs. They're so easy to delete. So please, use the FDG to teach them how to press that W button 4 times.

411 posts
6,151 battles

-snip-

The only real weak point of the FDG is the gun DPM. The gun accuracy is decent. I find the gun to behave. The gun itself (420mm) is just as good as the Iowa with better HE and slightly better arcs, but slightly worse pen, but better overmatch.

-snip-

I find the 406mms pretty good in accuracy but do the 420mms feel the same ?

563 posts
4,686 battles

How to play FDG?

Step 1: Know the elaboration of FDG, FDG stands for "<content removed> dis game".

Step 2: You say "<content removed> dis game" go in, slap faces and kick asses and die doing whatever damage you can.

Step 3: Hope that your team is good enough to utilize your sacrifice.

Also wrong.

How to FDG

-Set up a valid build

-Press battle

-Rekt bow camping BBs

-Surprise Hydro RNCL and DDs

-Bow charge Yamatos

-Push and flank enemy positions

-Win games.

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

563 posts
4,686 battles

I find the 406mms pretty good in accuracy but do the 420mms feel the same ?

406mm has better arcs. 420 is a bit more floaty, by a very little margin. I don't even feel any difference. Dispersion and sigma wise, it's the same.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

FDG / GK is made for brawling. However, people barely use IFHE with 203mm (at least not that I know of any that do). German BBs burn a lot faster. It is not as easy to set Yamato or Montana on fire as you can on FDG or GK. But they have massive heal which is also a plus point. At least FDG can angle, unlike Bismarck. Who gives pen damage to ever ap shell touching the deck.

411 posts
6,151 battles

406mm has better arcs. 420 is a bit more floaty, by a very little margin. I don't even feel any difference. Dispersion and sigma wise, it's the same.

Nice to hear... i wouldn't mind a little bit floaty as I like shooting people behind islands occasionally :D

563 posts
4,686 battles

Oh, and how am I suppose to do that ? Do I use HE ?

At long range, FDG HE is a nice option, 41% fire chance, 105mm pen. 

Bow camping BBs are stupid, they don't move and reverse all the time. You can easily ambush and charge at them, and then DS-ed them from point blank range. Your bow can bounce Yamato shell, so you have nothing to fear.

411 posts
6,151 battles

So, After playing 87 battles and swapping between 406 & 420mm guns, I seem to prefer the 406mms for some reason...:unsure: specially, combined with Adrenaline Rush, I seem to be doing more consistent damage. I'm still unsure if I'm doing it right...:hmm:

50 posts
4,740 battles

I have both FDG & Missouri, I get to enjoy more in Missouri thru stealth play & gun accuracy & not having to worry about return fire most of the times sneaking up on cruisers is really worth watching while you insta-delete em at mid range & poke on other BB's at mid-long range again without having to worry about return fire much but with that being said my FDG has a 5% higher winrate than Missouri & I feel I contribute much more in an FDG bow-tanking or drawing fire contesting caps while going Hydro than playing sniper & fire support with Missouri

411 posts
6,151 battles

I have both FDG & Missouri, I get to enjoy more in Missouri thru stealth play & gun accuracy & not having to worry about return fire most of the times sneaking up on cruisers is really worth watching while you insta-delete em at mid range & poke on other BB's at mid-long range again without having to worry about return fire much but with that being said my FDG has a 5% higher winrate than Missouri & I feel I contribute much more in an FDG bow-tanking or drawing fire contesting caps while going Hydro than playing sniper & fire support with Missouri

Although I don't have Missouri/Iowa, I have NC and I pretty much prefer it over FDG. Like you said "thru stealth play & gun accuracy & not having to worry about return fire most of the times sneaking up on cruisers"...:)As a BB player, it is much more satisfactory to have effective guns than relying on secondaries....

50 posts
4,740 battles

Although I don't have Missouri/Iowa, I have NC and I pretty much prefer it over FDG. Like you said "thru stealth play & gun accuracy & not having to worry about return fire most of the times sneaking up on cruisers"...:)As a BB player, it is much more satisfactory to have effective guns than relying on secondaries....

it is yeah plus all the accuracy mounted mods you put on Missouri I can even shoot dd's with confidence with radar on, I can shoot fat freddy at 10-15kms with impunity knowing he cant hit at that range even If I go semi broadside at full speed, but supporting & capping with island cover id go over to freddy & wait for the opportune time to get in closer

411 posts
6,151 battles

it is yeah plus all the accuracy mounted mods you put on Missouri I can even shoot dd's with confidence with radar on, I can shoot fat freddy at 10-15kms with impunity knowing he cant hit at that range even If I go semi broadside at full speed, but supporting & capping with island cover id go over to freddy & wait for the opportune time to get in closer

I agree, it also allows me to influence the battle as taking out/injuring DDs plays an important role in winning...:)on the other hand, with Freddy I face mostly high tier DDs which have large health pools(so, secondaries do less dmg %wise) and are also stealthy, not to mention the numerous,long ranged torps they have.:ohmy:I'm having hard time dodging torps as Fat Friedrich is Fat Friedrich after all !:sceptic: