Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Names in the opposite team

5 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

I suggest that the game don't display the name of the players to the opposite team. This is to prevent specific targeting of a players, for example, because they are known unicums, or simply because some players hold a grudge over some slight, real or imaginary, that they encounter in chat or in battle. Also, it can prevent the spillover of some geopolitical or racial dispute into the game. I've seen it happen in some other online games and I hate to see it happen in WOWS.

I also like to suggest that chat with opposite team be restricted to the quick messaging F3-F11 to prevent collusion.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

This is to prevent specific targeting of a players, for example, because they are known unicums, or simply because some players hold a grudge over some slight, real or imaginary, that they encounter in chat or in battle. Also, it can prevent the spillover of some geopolitical or racial dispute into the game.

Why does the game need to hold your hand if you can't handle a bit of heat? Is heat something that's difficult to handle in real life as well? And why do you assume that when a player is focus targeted, it is because of coordinated malice?

218 posts
3,792 battles

Why does the game need to hold your hand if you can't handle a bit of heat? Is heat something that's difficult to handle in real life as well? And why do you assume that when a player is focus targeted, it is because of coordinated malice?

I don't assume anything. I anticipated the problem because I've seen it happen somewhere else. And I don't see how hiding the name affect gameplay. It's just player's name.

And you assume there's no collusion. But I always seen someone send a message to all which my system can't decode during battle. How do you know that message didn't contain vital information such as location of carriers or a weak flank that a destroyer on the opposite side can use to sneak by?

Edited by Puteralanun

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

If I could give you all my +1's I would.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I don't assume anything. I anticipated the problem because I've seen it happen somewhere else. And I don't see how hiding the name affect gameplay. It's just player's name.

And you assume there's no collusion. But I always seen someone send a message to all which my system can't decode during battle. How do you know that message didn't contain vital information such as location of carriers or a weak flank that a destroyer on the opposite side can use to sneak by?

Looks like you assume what that unknown chat is......

They're just saying poi to one another.

Sign in to follow this